Will MM sanction a CB for Frank

Curtains

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

You do seem to get more grief for your posts than most mate.

your right we need a center half in.

I don't always agree with you but I don't have any problem with your posts.

Mate what’s wrong with wanting a CB. 

Frank has said its a priority.

I just don’t believe all I hear about FFP and being broke etc. 

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

They don’t make any sense because you are biased aga8nst me. 

You are a typical glass twice as full person where DCFC are concerned. 

I’m not biased against you at all. You just speak of speculation as if it’s true and you run with it. 

Will Mel back Frank for a CB? Yes of course he will. 

Will Mel and Frank get any CB they can for any cost? Absolutely not. 

Just because they don’t get one tomorrow doesn’t mean Mel didn’t attempt to back his manager. The January window is terrible value and both men talk about quality for value, not for the sake of it. 

1 minute ago, ThePrisoner said:

I’m not biased against you at all. You just speak of speculation as if it’s true and you run with it. 

Will Mel back Frank for a CB? Yes of course he will. 

Will Mel and Frank get any CB they can for any cost? Absolutely not. 

Just because they don’t get one tomorrow doesn’t mean Mel didn’t attempt to back his manager. The January window is terrible value and both men talk about quality for value, not for the sake of it. 

I don’t except your not biased against me. 

42 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Weird one for me pal because even though Mel was in charge when Nige got fired.

GSE was still the owners when Nige was sacked. Mel didn't buy the club until 2 years after and only invested at the end of that season (just before the play off final). 

1 minute ago, rynny said:

GSE was still the owners when Nige was sacked. Mel didn't buy the club until 2 years after and only invested at the end of that season (just before the play off final). 

thanks for pointing that out.

In my head i was convinced and I'm sure someone credible told me Mel was a major behind the scenes investor and decision maker long before he bought he club.

If he wasn't there at all I like him even more.

@Curtains, it’s no secret that we are feeling the pinch having spent in previous seasons, we know you would like Mel to stick two fingers up to FFP and spend to take us up, deal with the punishment at a later date.

We’ve been told numerous times now that isn’t going to happen, it just isn’t.

Lampard has said himself he knew of the financial situation at the club when taking the job on, none of this will be a surprise to him, nor should it be to us. The club have been very open with us at fan forums, go back and watch the one at the back end of last season.

Missing out on Tyrone Mings appears to have upset you somewhat, it’s been reported that Bournemouth’s demands has put several clubs off, Alan Nixon later claiming the loan fee is £1m. 

When asked earlier on Ming’s Frank said “He’s a sort of player we look at but the position we are it’s very difficult to do a deal of that stature”

It’s just too expensive for us to do.

Frank also spoke about wanting to bring in a centre back today, again no surprise having confirmed we asked about Amapadu earlier in the window. 

I’m sure he would have loved to have had one in earlier in the window and saw a couple more players that are not in his plans out, but it hasn’t happened yet. January is a notoriously difficult window and you have to be careful not to overpay in desperation.

Like it or not that’s the situation, you’ve took some stick for suggesting Mel isn’t backing Frank, which to be fair is an unfair accusation to make considering the amount of money he has put into the club as others have said, not one manager can ever say Mel has not backed them, not one.

Whatever happens in the next 24hrs this will not change, I wouldn’t be surprised if they are on the phone now trying to get deals done, let’s be patient and hope they can bring a player or two in that will strengthen us. If not, we will just have to do the best we can with what we have.

3 minutes ago, David said:

@Curtains, it’s no secret that we are feeling the pinch having spent in previous seasons, we know you would like Mel to stick two fingers up to FFP and spend to take us up, deal with the punishment at a later date.

We’ve been told numerous times now that isn’t going to happen, it just isn’t.

Lampard has said himself he knew of the financial situation at the club when taking the job on, none of this will be a surprise to him, nor should it be to us. The club have been very open with us at fan forums, go back and watch the one at the back end of last season.

Missing out on Tyrone Mings appears to have upset you somewhat, it’s been reported that Bournemouth’s demands has put several clubs off, Alan Nixon later claiming the loan fee is £1m. 

When asked earlier on Ming’s Frank said “He’s a sort of player we look at but the position we are it’s very difficult to do a deal of that stature”

It’s just too expensive for us to do.

Frank also spoke about wanting to bring in a centre back today, again no surprise having confirmed we asked about Amapadu earlier in the window. 

I’m sure he would have loved to have had one in earlier in the window and saw a couple more players that are not in his plans out, but it hasn’t happened yet. January is a notoriously difficult window and you have to be careful not to overpay in desperation.

Like it or not that’s the situation, you’ve took some stick for suggesting Mel isn’t backing Frank, which to be fair is an unfair accusation to make considering the amount of money he has put into the club as others have said, not one manager can ever say Mel has not backed them, not one.

Whatever happens in the next 24hrs this will not change, I wouldn’t be surprised if they are on the phone now trying to get deals done, let’s be patient and hope they can bring a player or two in that will strengthen us. If not, we will just have to do the best we can with what we have.

Good post. 

How patient though .

We really have been patient as fans IMO over the years. 

I was supporting Derby County right through the Tim Ward  years when he signed Kevin Hector and  that was exciting and the Brian Clough and Dave Mackey  eras .

I just feel something is missing with the ambition of Derby County even though Frank has done much better than I envisaged .

Its all about opinions and mine is we should invest in the squad to get us promoted.

If we get promotion this season well Frank will be a hero .

Trouble is even if we get promoted will the investment be there. 

11 minutes ago, David said:

This is the new problem now with FFP, our projections for this season have to be in by March, and the sanctions for breaching can be applied in this season.

Imagine breaching the rules, thinking let's get up and deal with it later, as others have done previously, only to get a points deduction that may knock us from autos to play offs, or even out of the play off picture at all.

Imagine the grief Mel would get in those circumstances.

Simples .... Frank will do the best he can with the finances available to him ... he’s always said he understands what these limitations are. It’s Mels club, Mels money, given his track record concerning his investment in the club its beyond me how anyone can question his commitment. Anyone not happy with what Mels prepared to put in means new owners ..... we need to be careful what we wish for!!!! Just let Mel & Frank get on with it. 

3 minutes ago, Gisby said:

Simples .... Frank will do the best he can with the finances available to him ... he’s always said he understands what these limitations are. It’s Mels club, Mels money, given his track record concerning his investment in the club its beyond me how anyone can question his commitment. Anyone not happy with what Mels prepared to put in means new owners ..... we need to be careful what we wish for!!!! Just let Mel & Frank get on with it. 

It’s not Mel’s club it’s the fans club. 

PS Mel will sell when the time is right. 

I wouldn’t mind new owner investment 

7 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Good post. 

How patient though .

We really have been patient as fans IMO over the years. 

I was supporting Derby County right through the Tim Ward  years when he signed Kevin Hector and  that was exciting and the Brian Clough and Dave Mackey  eras .

I just feel something is missing with the ambition of Derby County even though Frank has done much better than I envisaged .

Its all about opinions and mine is we should invest in the squad to get us promoted.

If we get promotion this season well Frank will be a hero .

Trouble is even if we get promoted will the investment be there. 

How can you question the ambition with the millions we have spent over the last few seasons? We’ve had investment, more than a lot of clubs in this league!

It’s not about opinions, the club are choosing to operate within the financial fair play restrictions which ALL clubs should be doing. This isn’t a self imposed Derby County rule we have put in place.

2 minutes ago, David said:

How can you question the ambition with the millions we have spent over the last few seasons? We’ve had investment, more than a lot of clubs in this league!

It’s not about opinions, the club are choosing to operate within the financial fair play restrictions which ALL clubs should be doing. This isn’t a self imposed Derby County rule we have put in place.

Let me get this right. 

Are you saying Mel can’t invest due to FFP restrictions 

5 minutes ago, Curtains said:

It’s not Mel’s club it’s the fans club. 

PS Mel will sell when the time is right. 

I wouldn’t mind new owner investment 

So if the club is sold the money is shared amongst the fans?

Agree Mel will sell when he sees fit. 

Respect your opinion but like I say, be careful what you wish for, plenty of examples of new owners ruining a club. For me everything Mel has done has been with the best interests of the club at heart, no guarantees any new owners will do the same. Better the devil you know?

Archived