Will MM sanction a CB for Frank

Curtains

11 minutes ago, Curtains said:

It’s not Mel’s club it’s the fans club. 

PS Mel will sell when the time is right. 

I wouldn’t mind new owner investment 

Well maybe it should be the fans sanctioning a CB for Frank then...as well as supplying the funds?

7 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Let me get this right. 

Are you saying Mel can’t invest due to FFP restrictions 

Mel can invest whatever he wants, it doesn't change the fact that there are certain spending limits imposed by FFP.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Alpha said:

When has Mel not backed a manager.

I'd be fuming at the suggestion if I was him. I'd be furious. Even the money we made off sales has been put back in. 

Of all the criticisms I've seen I can't begin to understand this one. 

If money is tight it's because of previous spending backing previous managers has brought us close to FFP. I'm sure Frank has what money is there and will have to decide what's needed.

Honestly can't see how Mel can be accused of not backing a manager. Amazing

Probably same people that have been accusing of giving his managers too much backing for the last 3 years...

24 minutes ago, Gisby said:

So if the club is sold the money is shared amongst the fans?

Agree Mel will sell when he sees fit. 

Respect your opinion but like I say, be careful what you wish for, plenty of examples of new owners ruining a club. For me everything Mel has done has been with the best interests of the club at heart, no guarantees any new owners will do the same. Better the devil you know?

I assume as well that if it's the fans club and not Mel's as @Curtains suggests that means IF Mel was to pull out, the fans would pay the wages and cover the running costs?

Naive view I'm afraid curtains.

21 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

In the 10 years this forum has been going, have we ever had such a pointless thread I wonder ?

Though they do tend to find a new thread within a thread Adam which more often than not is more entertaining than the original. 

My alarm is set for 0320, still we can feel it in our bones there’s a move or two taking place very soon ..... I may not get much sleep ? 

40 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Good post. 

How patient though .

We really have been patient as fans IMO over the years. 

I was supporting Derby County right through the Tim Ward  years when he signed Kevin Hector and  that was exciting and the Brian Clough and Dave Mackey  eras .

I just feel something is missing with the ambition of Derby County even though Frank has done much better than I envisaged .

Its all about opinions and mine is we should invest in the squad to get us promoted.

If we get promotion this season well Frank will be a hero .

Trouble is even if we get promoted will the investment be there. 

Only you know how patient you can be. It's up to you when you've had enough but what's going to happen when our patience runs out? Are we all going to quit going until Mel spends £500m? Are we going to buy him out and hire a manager the guarantees promotion like Nigel Pearson? Neil Warnock? 

Everyone at the club benefits from promotion. They're doing what they think is best to achieve that. Telling them you want it and you want it now makes zero difference.

The other thing is what you are asking for is results on the pitch. That has nothing to do with Mel. All he can do is hire managers, back then and see what happens. 

He came in after the QPR play off final. Besides the developments at Moor Farm and paying off PP (I think?) He's been through several managers. He bought Thorne, Ince, Vydra, Johnson, Butterfield, Marriott, Albentosa, Anya, Weimann, Lawrence, Davies, Wisdom, Olsson, Malone, Huddlestone think of the list of players bought and some of the wages. Do you think the wage bill has gone up since 2013/14 or down? 

What was our transfer record before Mel? And how many times has it been broken since? 

Every penny received has gone back into the squad.

Criticise what you want but I think it's ludicrous to criticise his financial support and I'd be livid if I was him reading this. I could take many criticisms where I can see what they're saying but... However this criticism? It's like saying the sun is cold

1 minute ago, ronnieronalde said:

I assume as well that if it's the fans club and not Mel's as @Curtains suggests that means IF Mel was to pull out, the fans would pay the wages and cover the running costs?

Naive view I'm afraid curtains.

Mel is just the custodian m8 

DCFC will be around long after he or I have left this world. 

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Only you know how patient you can be. It's up to you when you've had enough but what's going to happen when our patience runs out? Are we all going to quit going until Mel spends £500m? Are we going to buy him out and hire a manager the guarantees promotion like Nigel Pearson? Neil Warnock? 

Everyone at the club benefits from promotion. They're doing what they think is best to achieve that. Telling them you want it and you want it now makes zero difference.

The other thing is what you are asking for is results on the pitch. That has nothing to do with Mel. All he can do is hire managers, back then and see what happens. 

He came in after the QPR play off final. Besides the developments at Moor Farm and paying off PP (I think?) He's been through several managers. He bought Thorne, Ince, Vydra, Johnson, Butterfield, Marriott, Albentosa, Anya, Weimann, Lawrence, Davies, Wisdom, Olsson, Malone, Huddlestone think of the list of players bought and some of the wages. Do you think the wage bill has gone up since 2013/14 or down? 

What was our transfer record before Mel? And how many times has it been broken since? 

Every penny received has gone back into the squad.

Criticise what you want but I think it's ludicrous to criticise his financial support and I'd be livid if I was him reading this. I could take many criticisms where I can see what they're saying but... However this criticism? It's like saying the sun is cold

I do believe the fact that I have seen the really great times at Derby has spoilt me in a way and that’s why I’m impatient for more success .

Sam Longson got criticised and yet he brought massive success to Derby  County. 

Its all about perception and you clearly perceive MM can do no wrong. 

I have supported him more than most on here over the years so I can’t be accused of being over critical .

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I do believe the fact that I have seen the really great times at Derby has spoilt me in a way and that’s why I’m impatient for more success .

Sam Longson got criticised and yet he brought massive success to Derby  County. 

Its all about perception and you clearly perceive MM can do no wrong. 

I have supported him more than most on here over the years so I can’t be accused of being over critical .

Can't, or couldn't?

I'm sorry @Curtains, but although you make some valid points (we do need a centre half desperately) suggesting that Mel hasn't, or rather isn't, supporting Frank and therefore the club is not right. He's given so much money to the club already and I do believe he would give more FFP permitting. However due to previous spending FFP is a real problem, either imminent or a way off still, and MUST be avoided. There's still tomorrow, let's see what that brings shall we?

Archived