Curtains

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Carnero said:

You definitely haven't mate.

Do you mean Bateman?

I gave 3 Wassall , Bateman and Babos. 

Take Babos out the equation  as I except you are right on that although I seem to recollect him doing that. .

My point is that I would play Wassall or Bateman if a CB got injured. 

Its clear though that FFP is an issue IMO so it was difficult to sanction an expensive CB 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

Babos has played in defense I’ve seen him for the U23s there .

Let’s not get into semantics.

We needed a CB we let Pearce go and Davies is injured. 

Hopefully the gamble of Tomori and Keogh staying fit will work. 

FFP I would say is effecting Derby IMO 

Curtains old chum, l am concerned that over recent times you have become deliberately obtuse; some might call it wumming. You make some fair points, and you clearly are a Ram through and through, but I have got to the point where l just flick past your input.  Hope you can find some greater positivity in our run in to the play-offs and cup campaign. All the best.

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

Curtains old chum, l am concerned that over recent times you have become deliberately obtuse; some might call it wumming. You make some fair points, and you clearly are a Ram through and through, but I have got to the point where l just flick past your input.  Hope you can find some greater positivity in our run in to the play-offs and cup campaign. All the best.

Fair enough mate 

Sorry. 

19 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Ok let’s be reasonable.

Who replaces an injured Keogh or Tomori and please don’t say Wisdom ,Huddlestone or Evans and who plays RB  tonight. 

Wisdom has played centre back quite a few times. Most recently in Austria where he won the league, why wouldn't he be good enough for us there? Evans has played there as well as cover. Nobody is saying that theybshould be the long term cover for CB, just enough for the end of the season.

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

That is a good point I agree. 

You said it’s all speculation about FFP being an issue is that correct ! 

You can’t solely blame it on FFP. There’s a difference between FFP being tight and us not wanting to overpay the odds on a CB for a few months. Over a £1m for Tyrone Mings for about 17-18 games is absolute madness. More fool Villa. 

1 minute ago, rynny said:

Wisdom has played centre back quite a few times. Most recently in Austria where he won the league, why wouldn't he be good enough for us there? Evans has played there as well as cover. Nobody is saying that theybshould be the long term cover for CB, just enough for the end of the season.

Ok but who plays RB tonight as Wisdom is injured and Evan looks a game away from injury all the time to me. 

8 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Ok but who plays RB tonight as Wisdom is injured and Evan looks a game away from injury all the time to me. 

No idea, we will have to see. But I trust Frank to have worked on it since the last game. He might play Holmes there, he may move Tomori across and Evans at CB, he may put someone else there that has performed in training that we don't expect. 

13 minutes ago, rynny said:

No idea, we will have to see. But I trust Frank to have worked on it since the last game. He might play Holmes there, he may move Tomori across and Evans at CB, he may put someone else there that has performed in training that we don't expect. 

Eyoma?

24 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

No need to apologise. Please just find more joy from following us. God knows it’s been tough at times over the years, but in my view these are quite exciting times. 

Just to clarify mate. 

I am enjoying Frank Lampard at Derby and his football. 

Not sure that has relevance to wanting a CB as Frank himself prescribed 

44 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:
45 minutes ago, rynny said:

Wisdom is fine as CB cover,I’m happier to have signed no one than go the Villa route of insanity.

Whilst disappointing we didn’t bring in a CB, one of the reasons we are in the FFP poo is because of our previous dealings during the January window when we panicked bought because we were short in certain areas.

Maybe the club have learned from previous mistakes and are looking at the financial situation from a long term basis rather than gambling on short term wins.

8 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Whilst disappointing we didn’t bring in a CB, one of the reasons we are in the FFP poo is because of our previous dealings during the January window when we panicked bought because we were short in certain areas.

Where's your evidence that "we are in the FFP poo"? Are you an accountant? Are you an expert on FFP? Are you an expert on Derby County's finances?

I reckon you have nothing but "hear say" evidence, and the answers to my other questions are all no.

I wish people would stop all the pointless conjecture; all we know for certain is that Frank said we needed a centre back, and we haven't got one (yet).

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Who from the academy is ready at CB .

Just asking 

I don’t know, I don’t see enough of them. However, I assume the U23s don’t play without central defenders and so there must be a warm body who can be drafted in if necessary.  Baptism of fire, in at the deep end, so on and so forth.  

I also don’t think anybody is suggesting that FFP is not having an influence on the club.  It must be.  But there is a big difference between being limited in what we can spend because of FFP and being in FFP ‘trouble’ (or, as some insist, skint).... or am I missing something?   

Mel has also got grief in the past (bizarrely) for allowing his managers free reign on bringing people in.  If we are being more circumspect/selective in our spending as a result, then that’s  likely to be a good thing in the long run (?)

Archived