DCFC Fans 10 Years Online, Thank You!

Day

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, David said:

With over 20,000 posts some months...

This forum is full of duplicates. 

Congrats David. I’ll have to echo @Nuwtfly’s sentiments and say this forum has been a great way for me to feel connected to the club and my hometown as I continue living out the city (and now country). Thanks for keeping it going all these years.

6 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Use a VPN to move to Spain, you'll only have to wait 2.

I'm sorry if I've misled anyone, but apparently the age of consent in Spain is only 12 if you're under 14 yourself.

I'm off to the travel agents now to cancel my booking to Fingerhola.

Just checked, I've only been on for 8 years, God knows what I was doing in the first 2 years.

In them 8 years, I've been married and divorced, had 2 kids, moved house 3 times, quit my job and set up my own business. 

The only thing that hasn't really changed is the division that my team is in!

Thanks @David for creating a platform where I can air my views, read other fans views, debate topics, have a good old fashioned argument or sometimes just come and vent my anger (I miss the Brexit thread!)

Happy birthday everyone, because as @David says this is everyone's forum. The thanks though go to David (or Dave as I like to call him ?) for such a fantastic place for Derby County fans, and the odd weird person who actually prefers other football clubs, to get together and discuss almost anything (not having a dig at the guidelines, this really is a pleasant place to come). Also the mods who have a far from pleasant task trying to keep everyone happy. This forum is my main link with DCFC, apart from RamsTV (thanks Mel if you're listening), and probably have more arguments with my wife over this than any other thing. Thanks everyone for being there when needed, for being there when not needed too, and thanks once again David.

10 hours ago, David said:

You're not too big for a ban you know. 

Being serious for a sec...

The forum has been massive for me. It's picked me up when I'm down, it's an escape when I need it. It's made me belly laugh countless times. I feel that there's an ever growing group of regular posters that 'get' each other and you can speak completely freely

I know how you guys try to let people speak freely and allow a good amount of offensive ranting to go on before you take action. It has never felt to me like we are policed even when I've had posts removed. 

For every happy clapper there's a wrist slasher. 

People I've met off here have all been absolutely sound. 

It's the nicest face of social media. 

You learn about people bit by bit. They slip their age in here and job in there. They moan about a wife or a boyfriend. You learn they are a carer, they lost a loved one, they have faced life threatening illness. They admit their fears. It's not as boastful or fake as other social media. 

I've got so much more out of this place than I've put in. Probably been here about 8 years too. Rarely does a day go by I don't check it. 

It's just a nice online place. It's important to me and many others. You learn a lot on here just by reading. 

On Facebook you add your own kind of people. On Twitter it's a bit of a lucky dip. On here?Derby County bring together rich and poor, old and young, smart and dumb, fat and thin etc etc. 

Anyone lurking who's not posted. Join in. Do it. You can take a lot away from it. Starts off about Derby but you end up talking all kinds of rubbish. There's real inspirational people here. There's clowns and fence sitters and straight talkers. 

David and the mods even let you lose your poo and I've found it quite nice to have a rant relatively anonymously. 

It's just good people and the place is ran by good people. A few fall outs here and there but in 8 years I've not seen 8 knob heads. The vast majority put in what they get out. 

It's a brilliant head space. 

Thanks to everyone. 

Well done on keeping your sanity over the years. I worked on the NEP/DT forum back around 2000-2002 and it was hard enough moderating that as part of my daily tasks!

One thing we should note is that we’ve not been able to get promoted since dcfcfans was created. Is this the new curse? BURN THE SERVERS DOWN!

This place was a lifeline for me as a teen. I grew up in Kettering, so I didn't have a network of fans around me in real life. This forum is what made me feel close to the club and city - maybe I might have packed it all in during the tough times and done some thing simpler and cheaper instead without it.

You're all proper weird and we spend way too much time on here trying to change the mind of others when we must know it's not going to happen, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

13 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

Echo all of the above, it's a great place this, not just a forum but a proper community.

Would be good to meet a few folk if the mythical 10th birthday party happens.

You could use Bustler if you like!

It will happen this year. 2019. Promise.

Archived