DCFC Fans 10 Years Online, Thank You!

Day

10 years, that’s a long time.

29th January 2009, a date which is tattooed on my wrist was the start of something which has played a huge part in my life.

Away from the football and the disagreements over Irish centre backs, manager sackings, FFP and ticket prices, this community has been there with amazing support, advice and puns, not just for myself but fellow fans.

Over the years I’ve had many fans contact me privately to say thank you for creating this platform, each one a reminder of what we have become in a toxic social media world.

I say we because this isn’t about me, I can put the code and guidelines in place but to steal a line from the Derby County marketing team, without you dcfcfans.uk is nothing.

Thank you.

I would also like to say a special thank you to a few people...

Boycie (Paul), thank’s for the socket in my kitchen you installed.

Thank you to the moderators, past and present, for giving up their spare to help keep you all inline and us online.

It’s a thankless job at the best of times, but one that is hugely appreciated. With over 20,000 posts some months, I would never be able to have an afternoon nap without you.

Thank you to Mel Morris, not just for the sausages, but for being so supportive of the forum and taking a genuine interest in the fans.

From speaking to you over the years, seeing you online reading match threads at 1am on Sunday mornings, I know how much this club means to you. I really hope your tenure is rewarded with the Premier League football it deserves, would help boost advert revenue as well. Just saying.

Finally, thank you to Grace our Supporters Liaison Officer who has chased players signatures this last week at late notice for a DCFCFANS 10 shirt I’ve had printed.

I was given permission to frame and hang in the living room as long as I dust it, which I will, every day. Not everyday you’re going to have Frank Lampard and Ashley Cole at your club is it? Still all feels a little surreal.

It’s been an incredible 10 years, here’s to the next 10 ?....

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Massive thanks to you @David for giving us all a place to come and enjoy with fellow fans. Not always like minded but all share a genuine interest in the club. It must be one of the best fans forums out there. You should be proud of what it has grown in to. A perfect way to round of the 10th anniversary would be promotion  

Again thanks. 

UTR. 

10 minutes ago, David said:

10 years, that’s a long time.

29th January 2009, a date which is tattooed on my wrist was the start of something which has played a huge part in my life.

Away from the football and the disagreements over Irish centre backs, manager sackings, FFP and ticket prices, this community has been there with amazing support, advice and puns, not just for myself but fellow fans.

Over the years I’ve had many fans contact me privately to say thank you for creating this platform, each one a reminder of what we have become in a toxic social media world.

I say we because this isn’t about me, I can put the code and guidelines in place but to steal a line from the Derby County marketing team, without you dcfcfans.uk is nothing.

Thank you.

I would also like to say a special thank you to a few people...

Boycie (Paul), thank’s for the socket in my kitchen you installed.

Thank you to the moderators, past and present, for giving up their spare to help keep you all inline and us online.

It’s a thankless job at the best of times, but one that is hugely appreciated. With over 20,000 posts some months, I would never be able to have an afternoon nap without you.

Thank you to Mel Morris, not just for the sausages, but for being so supportive of the forum and taking a genuine interest in the fans.

From speaking to you over the years, seeing you online reading match threads at 1am on Sunday mornings, I know how much this club means to you. I really hope your tenure is rewarded with the Premier League football it deserves, would help boost advert revenue as well. Just saying.

Finally, thank you to Grace our Supporters Liaison Officer who has chased players signatures this last week at late notice for a DCFCFANS 10 shirt I’ve had printed.

I was given permission to frame and hang in the living room as long as I dust it, which I will, every day. Not everyday you’re going to have Frank Lampard and Ashley Cole at your club is it? Still all feels a little surreal.

It’s been an incredible 10 years, here’s to the next 10 ?....

Just to say thankyou for an amazing job, been posing on here nearly 5 years, and really enjoy reading other posters points off views, some make me smile, some I agree with, some make me angry, some make me shake my head, some make me cry, but most of all we have some excellent characters on the forum long May that continue.

16 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Massive thanks to you @David for giving us all a place to come and enjoy with fellow fans. Not always like minded but all share a genuine interest in the club. ☆It must be THE best fans forum out there☆. You should be proud of what it has grown in to. A perfect way to round of the 10th anniversary would be promotion  

Again thanks. 

UTR. 

FTFY ?

It’s that time of year again. My annual reminder to get a gift for the wife. A decade ago today I was in Hooters, Lima getting ready for my wedding tomorrow. 

Its fitting that the other significant relationship in my life is also 10 years old (not that I can pretend to have been here from the beginning, but it feels like it, certainly does to my wife, she’s had to share me with this forum). 

Many congratulations @David.

20000 posts a month is some going ! well done team, well done everyone ! 

I do like this forum - your carefully thought out guidelines have given it a spirit of community we can all buy into.

Humour takes it a long way. Anybody called Jody is never going to be as good a poster as a Robbie !

moderators -;fake news alert! Did Robbie post on here ? Its a running joke that Mel Frank Jody etc read all our posts. Its a good joke that Mel etc writes his own comments etc. Like stories about the secret service one never gets to the real truth. 

But hey anything written in black and white must be true ramspeak !! 

COYR forum !

Congratulations, I know I've not been a regular for a while but i promise i'll make more of an effort in future ?. It's a great job you do and very much appreciated by all that use this forum?. Keep up the good work and here's to another 10 years. hopefully most of it in the prem. ?

Popped on here to see if we'd signed George Thorne - several hundred pages later and I was hooked! 

Love the Forum, love the characters (well, most of them!) and love my football club.

Congratulations and a big thank you @David and all your helpers.

May DCFCFans and DCFC continue to go from strength to strength - we're lucky to have both! 

Congratulations @David, not just on making a fantastic second home for us all, but for creating a platform that allows you to be your own boss and take as many afternoon naps as you like. Not many have the skill, dedication and balls to do that.

As you say though, it’s the members that make the forum. Special mentions to @angieram, @coneheadjohn, @B4ev6is, @Parsnip, @rynny, Strongbow,  @reveldevil and many, many more who make this forum entertaining every single day. I would list 100+ members if I had time.

Most people join to keep up to date with Derby County, but I reckon many end up logging in every day just to keep up with their fellow members. This forum is a constant through good times and bad and, as we have seen, can provide a bit of a haven for those having personal struggles. Be it members offering up their own life experience, making you laugh or just being there when you fancy getting away from it all; this forum is a great place.

Here’s to the continued growth of the forum and to eventual promotion. That will be the best day of my life and I can’t wait to share it with you all. It might be 3 days before I can write a drunken match report, but it will be done.

BR7 x

P.S. Let’s see how much people have learned over the years - DON’T QUOTE THE EXCEEDINGLY LONG ORIGINAL POST!!!

4 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Socket? Thanks for the socket?

What about my amazing moderator skills?

Mmm, maybe the socket was my best work Actually Ralph.

It’s a decent socket, has the kettle plugged in to it.

Thanks David and all the mods for making this a very cool place. I’ve fought against social media - I’m not on Facebook/ Twitter/ Instagram and I only came on here originally to look at Derby news, but the longer I lurked and started to join in with bad puns, the more I enjoyed it. It feels like a proper community and there are some genuinely very funny and very nice people on here.

2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Same here, as with @angieram I only came here looking for George Thorne news* and now I can't find the exit door!

I don't remember why I came here. I think I just took a wrong turn. I generally hate forums ? 

Archived