Accrington Stanley v Derby County FA Cup 4th Round 26th Jan

Stanleyhouse

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

That little interview was going so well, in a soft-sugary-fluffy kinda way... until he mentioned us in the same breath as the dirties!  

I think they are going to have a real go, get in our faces, by pass our midfield on a pitch that is more reminiscent of the BBG than PP. i hope the changes that we will no doubt make dont come back to haunt us. I doubt it will happen but this is BJ and Wisdom type cup tie.

Im developing a soft spot for Accrington Stanley...but not that soft COYRs 

Seeing as I am not driving to Accrington I have more time than I would have wanted and after some serious navel-gazing I have discovered an uncomfortable truth about myself...apologies for the length and self indulgence and feel free to ignore. 

So... I was feeling annoyed about those 'undeserving' fans who have got a ticket without doing the hard yards. Who through the luck of knowing the right person have snagged a ticket...but you know what?? Its the smug knowing real fans who through obsession and hard work have thoroughly earned their ticket who annoy me more!! Sagely nodding their heads and recounting how as I watched tv  they were leaving work early and driving hundreds of miles to Rotherham in the snow or such like.... 

I then realised that likewise.. as much as dumb lottery winners driving sports cars get my goat through their sheer good luck. Self made millionaires who work tirelessly to earn their just rewards are more annoying.  With their success and hard work... urggghhh. 

I think secretly I want them to have actually just had their company bought for them by their Dad because I am too lazy to ever do what they did!!

So..good luck to all those who travel the length of the country every week  ..I hope you get the game you deserve.  I will be staggering to and from the pub very shortly ...not how great memories are made but at least if we lose I am home and all is forgotten in two minutes!! (and Match of the Day gets series unlinked for the night).  

The glitz and wasteful spending of the Premier League looks more crude when compared with the blood n thunder of today.  Honestly just hope it's a good game all-round and both teams come out looking well out of it. 

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Seeing as I am not driving to Accrington I have more time than I would have wanted and after some serious navel-gazing I have discovered an uncomfortable truth about myself...apologies for the length and self indulgence and feel free to ignore. 

So... I was feeling annoyed about those 'undeserving' fans who have got a ticket without doing the hard yards. Who through the luck of knowing the right person have snagged a ticket...but you know what?? Its the smug knowing real fans who through obsession and hard work have thoroughly earned their ticket who annoy me more!! Sagely nodding their heads and recounting how as I watched tv  they were leaving work early and driving hundreds of miles to Rotherham in the snow or such like.... 

I then realised that likewise.. as much as dumb lottery winners driving sports cars get my goat through their sheer good luck. Self made millionaires who work tirelessly to earn their just rewards are more annoying.  With their success and hard work... urggghhh. 

I think secretly I want them to have actually just had their company bought for them by their Dad because I am too lazy to ever do what they did!!

So..good luck to all those who travel the length of the country every week  ..I hope you get the game you deserve.  I will be staggering to and from the pub very shortly ...not how great memories are made but at least if we lose I am home and all is forgotten in two minutes!! (and Match of the Day gets series unlinked for the night).  

The glitz and wasteful spending of the Premier League looks more crude when compared with the blood n thunder of today.  Honestly just hope it's a good game all-round and both teams come out looking well out of it. 

Haha...we will be watching closely for the the stewards throwing you out for kicking off with the unworthy fans?.

Well that's that then. Hope you all had a great experience at the Wham. We don't have much but I hope you found us a friendly, welcoming club. That's our aim! 

I could see some of the fans shocked faces when they first saw our facilities/ surroundings  but I think most went away happy. Thanks for being part of our record attendance too.

Good Luck in the next round !! 

Robert Houseman ASFC SLO                    (aka stanleyhouse)

45 minutes ago, Stanleyhouse said:

Well that's that then. Hope you all had a great experience at the Wham. We don't have much but I hope you found us a friendly, welcoming club. That's our aim! 

I could see some of the fans shocked faces when they first saw our facilities/ surroundings  but I think most went away happy. Thanks for being part of our record attendance too.

All the best for the rest of the season. You and your club are a credit to football and very unlucky to get beaten today. I'll definitely be back as a neutral. My 8year old nephew and I didn't feel uncomfortable at all even though we were in the middle of your faithful. You set the example that all clubs should follow. Up the Stanley ( the team that is)?

2 hours ago, Stanleyhouse said:

Your team on the pitch probably did deserve a replay in a scrappy match Stanley but your team off the pitch, including yourself, are Champions League. I hope that the TV exposure and the money from a full house will help your club prosper and I shall look out for your results.

Thank you and well done.

Overall I had a good day, everything about Accrington was fantastic - really helpful and friendly stewards, in fact the whole staff were great.

The only downside were the three mouth breathers behind me and my 8 year old son, who couldn’t utter (or should I say bellow) a single witless sentence without including multiple expletives. It was also a constant torrent, berating any Accrington player that came near (one of them took credit for a particularly poor cross from the left back, as he yelled “You’re ducking poo!” as he struck it).

Also the ref was a “ducking bald bar steward”, which I didn’t get, as he had a full head of hair!

I thought they’d be in their late teens, but it was a guy in his fifties with two sons(?) in their late twenties.

We moved at half time, but two families couldn’t tolerate it for that long and left before that.

Archived