Accrington Stanley v Derby County FA Cup 4th Round 26th Jan

Stanleyhouse

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 23/01/2019 at 07:51, REDCAR said:

Thanks pal.... just pulling the long johns on, looks a tad nippy ?. Reminds me when I queued with a mate for a cup game at the BBG... against Boro I think? Found it weird my mate had his mums tights on...?

Perfectly normal if you were fishing in the 70s and couldn’t afford damart thermal gear?

14 minutes ago, Stanleyhouse said:

There are some Southampton fans going to the match who thought they were going to beat you in the replay so bought their train tickets early. They thought they'd come anyway.

Idiots, were almost unbeaten against prem opposition In all games including friendlies this season,  2 wins, 3 draws and a loss now! Was a given we were gonna beat them?, it’s teams like you lot lower than us we have issues with!?

Every football fan except Derby fans watching on BT Sport will be cheering on for Accrington Stanley the underdog.

Another great opportunity for our fans to support our team and for everybody associated with Derby County Football Club to show the world how good we can be.

Mel Morris message to supporters: "We need your support."................so let's give it. Enjoy yourselves.

12 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Anyone else thinking once this game is over we should be poaching @Stanleyhouse?

LOL. I'm actually just a volunteer. I've done over 30 hours this week already (answering phones, selling tickets) and another 6 tomorrow (including a couple of ground tours!)  I'll be outside the away turnstiles tomorrow so say hello.  My club won't even employ me so I doubt your's would!  Sleep well everyone. 

This whole thread doesn’t affect me, as I’ll be watching from afar, on a screen with The Mediterranean sun reflecting on it, knocking back tinto de verano (Spanish dark fruits!) and tapa, moaning about it being too warm in the sun!  I have to say though, that our new friend “Stanleyhouse” has been an absolute brick, and is a credit to his club. Brilliant thread this. Extremely helpful to those who are heading up there. Buy him a pint from me, someone. 

Have a great day all, and don’t let the weather get you down!  Just watch out for those banana skins. Watch where you’re walking... we don’t want any slip-ups!

COYRs  

8 hours ago, Stanleyhouse said:

LOL. I'm actually just a volunteer. I've done over 30 hours this week already (answering phones, selling tickets) and another 6 tomorrow (including a couple of ground tours!)  I'll be outside the away turnstiles tomorrow so say hello.  My club won't even employ me so I doubt your's would!  Sleep well everyone. 

You have been a total credit to your club. Best poster ever. Clear, concise, no agenda....excellent work. If only every club had a similar ambassador. I tried and tried to get a ticket with no joy so will find a pub with a couple of mates but I appreciate the effort you have made for those lucky enough to be going.

How much more pleasant is this thread than arguing with Leeds fans about who take more fans away. 

After today, all the best for the rest of the season mate.

C'mon Derby fans make us proud. 

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

This whole thread doesn’t affect me, as I’ll be watching from afar, on a screen with The Mediterranean sun reflecting on it, knocking back tinto de verano (Spanish dark fruits!) and tapa, moaning about it being too warm in the sun!  I have to say though, that our new friend “Stanleyhouse” has been an absolute brick, and is a credit to his club. Brilliant thread this. Extremely helpful to those who are heading up there. Buy him a pint from me, someone. 

Have a great day all, and don’t let the weather get you down!  Just watch out for those banana skins. Watch where you’re walking... we don’t want any slip-ups!

COYRs  

Lucky Mucker.....agree, think this will be a very tough game and we will have to match their energy and motivation. Their cup final really. But what an opportunity to get in to the 5th round. I still love the FA cup and would love to get to the later stages....

25 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

Just been to get some cash out to enjoy the fan zone ??

Seriously...no reason to be jealous... not like the players are going to pop down to the fan zone to say hi, sign shirts and pose for pictures, leaving as Mel turns up to put a few grand behind the bar to say thanks for travelling....encouraging a bevvy of gorgeous local ladies to throw themselves at you ...causing you to arrive at the ground late (having arranged to meet them later ) to find the Rams 3-0 down and with only 9 players on the pitch...but still able to dramatically turn it around with a last minute screamer 4-3... 

Although be just my luck....cos I usually get the cold, wet, turgid 1-0 defeats. A day for dreamers...  hope its a carnival of football for you. ?

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

Seriously...no reason to be jealous... not like the players are going to pop down to the fan zone to say hi, sign shirts and pose for pictures, leaving as Mel turns up to put a few grand behind the bar to say thanks for travelling....encouraging a bevvy of gorgeous local ladies to throw themselves at you ...causing you to arrive at the ground late (having arranged to meet them later ) to find the Rams 3-0 down and with only 9 players on the pitch...but still able to dramatically turn it around with a last minute screamer 4-3... 

Although be just my luck....cos I usually get the cold, wet, turgid 1-0 defeats. A day for dreamers...  hope its a carnival of football for you. ?

This will be a tough game, wouldn’t be surprised if it went to a replay.

Archived