Accrington Stanley v Derby County FA Cup 4th Round 26th Jan

Stanleyhouse

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Owd miner said:

you'd better believe it . you have no idea... still got letter somewhere from Derby threatening to ban us for shouting and singing ...  about ten of us got that letter...

Worrit ont thall floor when tha gorom from wok in wik, or worrit sent be th'email?

Inspired by this thread, and the wonderful @Stanleyhouse, I wonder could we try something similar on this forum?

There are a lot of posters on here who could help provide away visitors to Pride Park with a friendly guide to visiting our great city and club from all angles, such as providing maps and travel info, a guide to good away friendly pubs for a pre match visit, places of interest in the city area and places to stay, etc etc.

Some IT wizard could provide a map with away welcoming pubs shown for instance, @TomBustler1884 could advertise the bustler market on appropriate weekends, we could update it with travel advice should we know the station or services to it is shut, and other things.

To get the ball rolling, I'd suggest starting a topic asking for suggestions, leave it open for a week then collate the useful info, condense it into a useful guide then pin it and lock it.

@David could then post a link to the opposition's Twitter account and other social media outlets at the appropriate time, driving traffic to the site, and even open up a thread for opposition fans to post in, again increasing traffic to the website, although I appreciate this would burden the admin.

Maybe you could even get the thread sponsored by a pub or hotel, or pick up a fee for affiliate links?

Just an idea anyway.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Take it the FA aren't charging Coleman. Opens the door for a free for all on ref's if not.

No but the grounds man did find his dummy, Lampard has accidentally jumped on it while bouncing at full time.

On 28/01/2019 at 14:58, Mucker1884 said:

Was that back in the day when £26k was a lot of money for a wedding?  

*We paid about a grand for ours in '96!  Muckerette made her own dress.  I'm still paying for my suit out of the catalogue! LOL.

The upstairs room at The Asterdale Sports Ground (Spondon) was free, seeing as we forked out for a few sausage rolls and potted-dog cobs!  £40 for the DJ!  My gaffer played chauffeur, and  put ribbons on his fancy car... We had a Shogun Wedding!

...Oh... and the honeymoon was a Mon-Fri £9.50 Sun Holiday at Yarmouth... The kid's loved it!  ?

WTF is a spotted dog cob?

second thoughts I don’t wanna know. 

3 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

WTF is a spotted dog cob?

second thoughts I don’t wanna know. 

"Potted Dog" (Not Spotted Dog)  =  Meat paste.

"Cob"  =  Bread Roll

Like a (very) poor man's paté, and comes in those tiny jars (or "pots").  Come in various so-called flavours... but all taste like dog!

Available in KwikSave, FreezerLand, and other places frequented by Kerry Katona!

... and yes, I was joking... We didn't quite go that cheap, honest!   LOL!

EDIT:

This sort of crap...

pastes__5000232825377-t1.png

value_salmon_paste_75g.jpg

I presume I'm not the only one who calls it "Potted Dog"?  Anyone over 50 may be familiar with the term, but maybe it's a local saying?  No Idea!

Oh...  To keep this thread on topic, I'd imagine such culinary delights are part of the staple diet, oop there in Accrington!  I bet our new friend Stanley will vouch for that  ;-)

Archived