Accrington Stanley v Derby County FA Cup 4th Round 26th Jan

Stanleyhouse

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gutted I can't go to this. I was originally supposed to be building some shelving in the in-law's loft but they cancelled last minute meaning I could have gone along anyway...

Will be a little piece of history it its own right this -- hope all who are going have a top day. Not an easy journey if you're not driving there so hats off for the commitment.

On ESPN+ here in the States at 7:25 a.m. my time. Can't wait for this one. I personally feel we should start the strongest lineup possible, but in the end don't think that Lampard will do that but we shall see. Country ham, biscuits, and gravy are are ready to be made and consumed and some cheering ready to be had.

COYR

On 23/01/2019 at 13:09, GuiseleyRam said:

For those who would like to know more about the history against our opponents on Saturday... 

http://www.derbycountymemories.co.uk/accrington-stanley-who-are-they

Regards the 1957 fixture, I saw Barrowcliffe and Young play at Derby, Albert Mays ran the snooker club on Babington Lane and Tommy Powell (absolute top bloke) was my manager at Northcliffe United.

And just for McLovin, the Rams played with two wing half’s, two inside forwards, an outside left, an outside right and a centre forward.................bit similar to Guardiola! ?

5 hours ago, Davide said:

I expect and hope we will play a very strong Derby team. To play a weak team which I don’t expect Frank to do, and lose would be really bad for the team. 

These are the typical fixtures Derby have struggled with in the past. Senseless weak teams picked against an up for it lower division team who make us look 2nd best.

Let’s dream of an FA cup win this year at Wembley this year. 

Would make no sense, having tried hard (And succeeded) to beat Soton. 

Can't get to game. Had to do it within a day and early flight full from the local airport. 

Return train fare quoted was 257.00 so Hants' white flange was waved and I gave up ?

Will be in my shirt at the local, with dog and scrave to see how we get on ?

17 minutes ago, Gritters said:

There seems to be a lot of returns. Don’t some folk know what they are doing at the weekend. 

I’m standing with 1500 of us will there be plenty of room?

There's always a few returns from groups who buy in bulk with multiple mate's accounts then a few can't make it.

Then there'll be people like me that desperately wanted to go but aren't well enough. 

I'm sure you'll have plenty of room to huddle together in the rain!

I appreciate that this is very last minute, but I don't suppose anyone will be going to the game from Manchester will there? I'm not absolutely desperate as I can take the bus, but it would make life a lot easier. Bloody Northern Rail! Preferably, we would be getting there at around 10am to enable maximum Dark Fruits consumption.

20 hours ago, Stanleyhouse said:

image.thumb.png.b6230a8d8c4a7ebe98e0c2c51d8eb4de.png

I put together an away fans guide that your SLO said she would share with your fans. I don't think she has so i'll put some of the pages on here. I really don't know what I've done to upset her. 

She finally tweeted out your guide about an hour ago! Better late than never! 

2 minutes ago, Charlie Dram said:

@Stanleyhouse

,Are the turnstiles for the seating the same as terrace? 

I've swapped my old boy into a seat with a fellow Ram but have no meet to swap arranged?

Just have the seat number he is no longer sitting in.

Yes they are. Once inside, walk round to the stand , show your ticket to the steward and find your seat.

So your itinerary tomorrow. (I'm starting to sound like a tour rep)

10am: Heated fanzone marquee opens. £2 a pint until midday and live music.

11am: Turnstiles open. There's bars and refreshments behind the stand. 

12pm: Fanzone closes. Make your way to the turnstiles (there's only 4 turnstiles for 2500 of you so don't leave it too late to avoid missing the kick off).

12:30pm: Kick off

1:15pm: Half time. Toilets, bars and refreshments behind the stand and terrace. 

2:20pm: Full time. Join us in the Redz Bar and marquee for more live music. (Its £2 a pint for an hour or £1 if it's winners hour!) You'll be able to meet our owner, our players and of course the Stanley fans. 

7pm: Fanzone ends. Time for home.

3 hours ago, angieram said:

There's always a few returns from groups who buy in bulk with multiple mate's accounts then a few can't make it.

Then there'll be people like me that desperately wanted to go but aren't well enough. 

I'm sure you'll have plenty of room to huddle together in the rain!

Get well soon angieram

48 minutes ago, Stanleyhouse said:

So your itinerary tomorrow. (I'm starting to sound like a tour rep)

10am: Heated fanzone marquee opens. £2 a pint until midday and live music.

11am: Turnstiles open. There's bars and refreshments behind the stand. 

12pm: Fanzone closes. Make your way to the turnstiles (there's only 4 turnstiles for 2500 of you so don't leave it too late to avoid missing the kick off).

12:30pm: Kick off

1:15pm: Half time. Toilets, bars and refreshments behind the stand and terrace. 

2:20pm: Full time. Join us in the Redz Bar and marquee for more live music. (Its £2 a pint for an hour or £1 if it's winners hour!) You'll be able to meet our owner, our players and of course the Stanley fans. 

7pm: Fanzone ends. Time for home.

Now if you could find me a seat on the 7am flight from Soton to Manchester I would sing your praises for all eternity.....?

Good luck to both teams and all fans tomorrow. Play safe boys and girls!

Archived