Champions & Europa League 18/19

Day

3rd in the Premier League last season, not a single signing made and now Champions League final, incredible really and begs the question why clubs spend the insane amounts each year.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Squid said:

Unreal. And it could be an all English final in the Europa League too.

There could possibly be four teams from the English Premiership contesting the two European finals but how many Englishmen will be involved.

2 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

There could possibly be four teams from the English Premiership contesting the two European finals but how many Englishmen will be involved.

Liverpool - TAA, Milner, Gomez, Henderson, Sturridge.

Spurs - Trippier, Rose, Alli, Dyer, Kane, Winks, Skipp.

I'd say if fully fit at least 8 English outfield players would start the final.

10 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Fortunately should Spurs have Kane fit, spending constraints and the need to promote youth mean at least 4 or 5 in Spurs alone, (plus a token Welshman in Davies). Obviously the only team with anywhere near half the side, such is the cosmopolitan nature (or lure of big bucks) of the Premiership.

5 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Fortunately should Spurs have Kane fit, spending constraints and the need to promote youth mean at least 4 or 5 in Spurs alone, (plus a token Welshman in Davies). Obviously the only team with anywhere near half the side, such is the cosmopolitan nature (or lure of big bucks) of the Premiership.

If Davies is getting thrown in, might as well chuck Robertson in, from Dundee United via Hull to being one of the best left backs in Europe

3 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

So the “Champions League” Final will be... a team who hasn’t won the league in 29 years against a team who hasn’t won the league in 58 years.. 
modern football is poo.

Wondered what had happened to your internet ?

5 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

So the “Champions League” Final will be... a team who hasn’t won the league in 29 years against a team who hasn’t won the league in 58 years.. 
modern football is poo.

spacer.png

Up the scousers Muespach. 

On 7 May 2019 at 22:19, Inverurie Ram said:

I opted to catch up with an episode of The Derry Girls instead, I knew I made the right decision. 

I opted to watch that football team Tottingham Hotspurs play tonight, I knew I made the right decision, well I thought I did, then Michael McIntyre popped up in the stand and then I opted to catch up with Frankie Boyle's New World Order.

I didn't spot Ossie, maybe he's still dreaming.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Incredible! 

You know everyone who says Klopp and Pochettino are poo cause they haven’t won owt... well one of them has now! And it’s the biggest of the lot!

This also means that one of them definitely hasn’t won. They can’t share it. 

1 hour ago, JfR said:

Always felt a kinship with Spurs, what with us both having the reputation of being the eternal bottlers of our respective divisions, so I'm really happy for them.

Can't wait to see how the comeback in the final pans out.

There will be a race for who can go 3-0 down first, so they can both mount a comeback. Not sure how that works in practice, but it sounds good. 

58 minutes ago, Topram said:

Football just incredible isn’t it.

Also throws the winter break balls out the window. 

Potentially 4 English sides in the final

And England in the semi final of the World Cup, and the last 4 of the nations league. 

2018/19 is turning into a bit of a bumper year for English football. 

Hopefully a win in the play offs will round off the ultimate season. 

10 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

This also means that one of them definitely hasn’t won. They can’t share it. 

Yes of course, but certainly one of them has. And that principle carries for the other as well imo that they are both incredible managers, look at where the clubs were when they took compared to now

10 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Yes of course, but certainly one of them has. And that principle carries for the other as well imo that they are both incredible managers, look at where the clubs were when they took compared to now

I do actually totally agree. Both have achieved incredible things this season, for different reasons. But, ultimately, half way through next season, you just know it’ll be brought up that Poch/Klopp still hasn’t won any silverware blah blah blah balls. 

Archived