Sign in to follow this  
David

Champions & Europa League 18/19

1 hour ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Atletico win the Super Cup 4-2 AET. Good match, Real very poor at the back.

Amazing goal by Saul to Atletico 3-2 up in extra time.  A really enjoyable match.  Surely Real are going to add to their squad before their transfer window closes.  

1 hour ago, Highgate said:

Amazing goal by Saul to Atletico 3-2 up in extra time.  A really enjoyable match.  Surely Real are going to add to their squad before their transfer window closes.  

Lewandowski, or his agent, has flirted with Real Madrid for years now. Surely if they're going to go for him, now is the time. Benzema is nowhere near good enough for that CF role. 

Real's biggest problem though seems to be getting Bale, Isco, Modric and Kroos in the same team when it appears Casimero is so important for them. For balance, one of those four must sit out. Bale and Isco both had spells out under Zidane. But now Ronaldo has been moved on Bale has been given assurances, while Isco is a favourite of Lopetegui.

Good luck trying to shoehorn all those in to a successful side.

I think Zidane could do as he pleased because he's a legend. He earned the respect to make those tough calls. The fans backed him. Lopetegui won't get the same backing. I can't see him lasting the season.

Edited by Bris Vegas

23 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

What’s wrong with that?! 😂

Not saying there is anything wrong with it. Just making the comparison. I’d batter my kids all day long. Not quarter shown, none asked. 

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Feel sorry for Burnley. Looks like their European adventure is coming to an abupt end already.

They’ve had some bad luck with the draw.

Is it on the tv?

12 minutes ago, froggg said:

Is it on the tv?

I’d imagine so.

I’m just goong by the BBC, looks like they’re in a bit of trouble.

Rangers are doing well though. I thought Gereard would struggle there but they’re undefeated so far and have generally played better than Celtic.

27 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

It's on Eleven Sports (online only streaming service owned by the Leeds owner...yuck!)

28 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

hope the Rams result cheered you up mate , and heres to a speedy recovery

Thanks very much, the result certainly helped.