Alex Pearce - Joined Millwall

Animal is a Ram

17 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Have you ever seen Huddlestone win a header let alone a competitive tackle. The guys big physically and tall but hes certainly no defender. 

Couldn't agree more mate.

6 points off automatics and after Leeds we have some very favourable games coming up. There's no standout team in this division. As soon as you think a team might push on, they falter.

2 or 3 loan signings could be the difference. I honestly think whoever has the best January window will go up. (Fulham and Mitrovic spring to mind)

Don't get me wrong. I'm not expecting us to spend big. But 2 or 3 loan players could really help us push on. CB, Midfielder and a centre forward. 

We won't go up with that defence at the moment. 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Couldn't agree more mate.

6 points off automatics and after Leeds we have some very favourable games coming up. There's no standout team in this division. As soon as you think a team might push on, they falter.

2 or 3 loan signings could be the difference. I honestly think whoever has the best January window will go up. (Fulham and Mitrovic spring to mind)

Don't get me wrong. I'm not expecting us to spend big. But 2 or 3 loan players could really help us push on. CB, Midfielder and a centre forward. 

We won't go up with that defence at the moment. 

The lack of midfield cover for the defence is as big of a problem as the defence itself.

15 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

A glowing recommendation for Pearce at Lampard's press conference today. 

'I have to say 'Pearcey, go and do what you need to do, and go and play', because he's been an absolute star for me here, without featuring in games. 

Every day in training, he has been an absolute example of a player that wants to go and play competitive football. In the modern day, that's not the case everywhere. With Alex Pearce, it certainly is."

That’s brilliant to hear. In an age when ex Pro’s like Roy Keane question why all you hear from Jesse Lingard on Twitter is about new trainers, phones etc. Isn’t it great there are role models like Pearce who just want to play the game, whatever ability.

4 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

That’s brilliant to hear. In an age when ex Pro’s like Roy Keane question why all you hear from Jesse Lingard on Twitter is about new trainers, phones etc. Isn’t it great there are role models like Pearce who just want to play the game, whatever ability.

Who says that Jesse Lingard doesn't want to play just because he's interested in trainers and phones? Roy Keane can't have wanted to play that much if he walked out of a World Cup.

I'd be 99% certain we have someone lined up to replace Pearce. No way we'd let him go otherwise. Great that the club is now playing its cards close to its chest and also good news that Pearce will be getting some gametime. Solid pro, who has never whined about his lack of opportunities and was by all accounts, brilliant with the younger players. Best of luck to him. 

32 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Roy Keane is a massive *******. 

Hates players for having a fancy haircut, hates players for looking like they've enjoyed themselves when scoring a goal by dancing a bit, hates the fact that they make a lot of money from being marketable when he played with David Beckham! 

The same Roy Keane that (it is alleged) used to go out on the razz midweek, deliberately went out to hurt people (that City player for one example) on the pitch and got in massive arguments with management. Guys a total helmet and has no right to comment on what young players are doing. 

I'd be very interested to see the breakdown of the players that the likes Souness and Keane question, for their attitudes, by ethnicity. 

9 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Roy Keane is a massive *******. 

Hates players for having a fancy haircut, hates players for looking like they've enjoyed themselves when scoring a goal by dancing a bit, hates the fact that they make a lot of money from being marketable when he played with David Beckham! 

The same Roy Keane that (it is alleged) used to go out on the razz midweek, deliberately went out to hurt people (that City player for one example) on the pitch and got in massive arguments with management. Guys a total helmet and has no right to comment on what young players are doing. 

I'd be very interested to see the breakdown of the players that the likes Souness and Keane question, for their attitudes, by ethnicity. 

Fair do’s, bad example to quote, my sentiment to Pearce still stands.

44 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

These being the same ex-pros that would be on the piss every Tuesday…

Lampard said when Davies got injured CB is an area we are going to be looking at so I would think we have someone close to joining to let Pearce go. From todays press conference sounds like Wisdom would be emergency cover which I dont mind, he has always said thats his preferred position. 

29 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Lampard said when Davies got injured CB is an area we are going to be looking at so I would think we have someone close to joining to let Pearce go. From todays press conference sounds like Wisdom would be emergency cover which I dont mind, he has always said thats his preferred position. 

My preferred position (u-15s sunday league) was striker yet I kept getting played at left back

Quite a few managers so far seem to think he's a better fullback than centre back - But I suppose the other side is Chris Baird played both positions very well across his playing years - So who knows?

In a way sorry to see him go. He was a good back up option. Might lack ability but seemed like he’d come in the side when called upon head a boot & give it his all. Can understand him wanting to play & best of luck to him at millwall.

As for the Roy Keane comments, how can anyone not love watching him get paid to comment on football when he clearly despises everything about it? 

Hated him as a player but love watching him on tv now. He is bitter towards united & hates everyone associated with them?? 

Archived