Alex Pearce - Joined Millwall

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct decision.

gives Pearce the chance to win a contract at millwall; rewards him for his attitude; avoids having an unhappy player in the camp with little or no chance of playing.

(now watch us get one centre back injured and the other sent off)

Or it opens the way for someone like Max Hunt to come in from the U23s. I actually think Wisdom, Evans and Huddlestone are already decent cover for Keogh and Tomori. If we're bringing someone in we really need to be at the stage where that player is demonstrably better than what we have, and not another squad filler. Someone the rest of the team will look up to and respect.

I'd definitely have taken Cahill, but it seems he's out of our league and going to Fulham. Maybe Frank with all his connections can pull a rabbit out of a hat, like Jim Smith with Igor?

34 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Or it opens the way for someone like Max Hunt to come in from the U23s. I actually think Wisdom, Evans and Huddlestone are already decent cover for Keogh and Tomori. If we're bringing someone in we really need to be at the stage where that player is demonstrably better than what we have, and not another squad filler. Someone the rest of the team will look up to and respect.

I'd definitely have taken Cahill, but it seems he's out of our league and going to Fulham. Maybe Frank with all his connections can pull a rabbit out of a hat, like Jim Smith with Igor?

I think we need a CB on loan even if it is cover, doesnt have to better than what we have in terms of Keogh & Tomori as that wont be easy to find in Jan. We just need someone to fill the gap of Pearce until our rebuild in the summer when most of the 'deadwood' goes & the loans have gone back

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Joe Bunney from Northampton, currently on loan at Blackpool, though he's more a LB rather than a central defender 

7 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Ahh famous Irish players Paul O’Pogba and Jesse ‘Paddy’ lingard

No, you were raising the theory that he mainly criticises players from other ethnic backgrounds. Seeing as he has constantly been in the press for slagging off his own players who (obviously) are of the same ethnicity.... I would say that was totally bogus. He also left the World Cup having fallen out with Irish/Barnsley Mick McCarthy and slating his own FA.

After a recent match he criticised the goalkeeper for smiling and shaking hands at the end of the game where he made a mistake...saying what a disgrace he was and that he should have gone straight down the tunnel in shame. If you read his autobiography he was unimpressed with Beckham and his constant courting of the press.

I would say his anger and criticism for people of all ethnic backgrounds is pretty well constant and  entrenched. 

26 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Yes...it takes great anti-skill to do that, especially live on telly...?

...but of course we wish him all the best at Millwall. He is a gent and a true professional and here's to him making his debut V Hull on Sunday against Chris Martin. That will be an interesting contest. 

On 03/01/2019 at 19:42, jono said:

I have a soft spot for Pearce. A good player but more to the point, one that knows instinctively how important fans are.

i remember vividly in the dark days of Pearson, even after grim days, he stayed, clapped the fans and did the right thing.

he also was extremely reliable, organised and consistent. If stays I would never have a problem with him on the team sheet. Ronseal man. If he goes then I wish him success by the bucket load. Good man Alex Pearce. Sportsman through and through. 

Great post @jono spot on; in the rush to criticise, some of our players don't get the appreciation they deserve. Nice one.

4 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

I think we need a CB on loan even if it is cover, doesnt have to better than what we have in terms of Keogh & Tomori as that wont be easy to find in Jan. We just need someone to fill the gap of Pearce until our rebuild in the summer when most of the 'deadwood' goes & the loans have gone back

Who’s going to loan us a player thinking he will just be cover? if we loaned in a player for cover then we may as well have just kept Pearce who knows the training and tactics etc... if we loan a player it will be to start.

7 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Solid Wisdom from you as per @Carl Sagan but as for Wisdom our erstwhile right back I suspect he’s flawed in 2 main respects as a potential centre-back: 

1. He doesn’t quite know where to park the bus ? {?}

2. He doesn’t get high enough off the ground to win aerial duals. 

Dont get me wrong; I love Andre he’s a powerful unit and I was so pleased with his show against Boro and he’s impressed as a CB in Austria but at Champ level a stop-gap only. 

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

Solid Wisdom from you as per @Carl Sagan but as for Wisdom our erstwhile right back I suspect he’s flawed in 2 main respects as a potential centre-back: 

1. He doesn’t quite know where to park the bus ? {?}

2. He doesn’t get high enough off the ground to win aerial duals. 

Dont get me wrong; I love Andre he’s a powerful unit and I was so pleased with his show against Boro and he’s impressed as a CB in Austria but at Champ level a stop-gap only. 

A good observation that Wisdom doesn't seem to have much spring. Will look out for his aerial prowess over coming games.

Felt he owed us a big performance against Boro as he'd been poor up until then, but was obviously rusty having been out of the team for so long. Can he maintain a good level? I hope Lowe plays left back against Saints, but don't mind switching Andre to the right or centre to build up his game time. As the squad reduces to a closely knit core, everyone will need to play their part. 

13 hours ago, RamNut said:

Tbh max hunt hasn't looked great on the highlights videos. 

I thought this when he first arrived, but he's looking much better this season - improved distribution and of course a great header of the ball. Not sure he's ready yet to be let loose in front of our unforgiving fans though!

I am pleased for Pearce that he's got a chance to play regular football as he's a good solid defender but never really quite what we needed. Good luck to him.

Archived