Alex Pearce - Joined Millwall

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Millwall love a move for our aging immobile centre halves don’t they? In all seriousness would have to be a permanent or at the very least a loan with full wages paid for me as were short at centre half already. He’s decent cover tbf, but not someone would turn down money for if we can replace him with someone better on the ball.

I have a soft spot for Pearce. A good player but more to the point, one that knows instinctively how important fans are.

i remember vividly in the dark days of Pearson, even after grim days, he stayed, clapped the fans and did the right thing.

he also was extremely reliable, organised and consistent. If stays I would never have a problem with him on the team sheet. Ronseal man. If he goes then I wish him success by the bucket load. Good man Alex Pearce. Sportsman through and through. 

6 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Cracking bloke and has done well for us generally. His run of form when we went back to basics under Mac2 was brilliant and he never took playing for Derby for granted. Is also the first on the bench to celebrate goals etc. Model pro.

Is that you Arry?

Fair play to the bloke. He's done okay to well when he's been given a chance. I wasn't particularly happy with his signing at the time as I watched a few of his last games and he looked dodgy. At his best for us, he's been capable & at his worst, he wasn't that horrible. 

The Wolves & Burton performances last season probably signalled the end of him at Derby. He's managed an entire minute this season, despite being our only fit natural backup CB. We definitely need someone, either at RB or CB, so Wisdom isn't moved about all over the place. 

Archived