Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Animal is a Ram

Alex Pearce - Joined Millwall on loan

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, thekingofbuxton said:

Wisdom, Evans, Huddlestone could all play CB - how successfully though would be the question?

 

Have you ever seen Huddlestone win a header let alone a competitive tackle. The guys big physically and tall but hes certainly no defender. 

Share this post


Link to post

Good luck to the guy.

He waited patiently for his chance and helped the youngsters.

Not a premier league player and so right that he should get a chance elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

Good luck to the guy.

He waited patiently for his chance and helped the youngsters.

Not a premier league player and so right that he should get a chance elsewhere.

But we are not a Premier League club?

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

A glowing recommendation for Pearce at Lampard's press conference today. 

'I have to say 'Pearcey, go and do what you need to do, and go and play', because he's been an absolute star for me here, without featuring in games. 

Every day in training, he has been an absolute example of a player that wants to go and play competitive football. In the modern day, that's not the case everywhere. With Alex Pearce, it certainly is."

Edited by therealhantsram

Share this post


Link to post

I wouldn't even confidently say he is a championship standard player! Hope he does well for them so we could perhaps get a small fee in the summer anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Simsy said:

I wouldn't even confidently say he is a championship standard player! Hope he does well for them so we could perhaps get a small fee in the summer anyway.

He's out of contract in the summer so will leave on a free.

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Have you ever seen Huddlestone win a header let alone a competitive tackle. The guys big physically and tall but hes certainly no defender. 

Couldn't agree more mate.

6 points off automatics and after Leeds we have some very favourable games coming up. There's no standout team in this division. As soon as you think a team might push on, they falter.

2 or 3 loan signings could be the difference. I honestly think whoever has the best January window will go up. (Fulham and Mitrovic spring to mind)

Don't get me wrong. I'm not expecting us to spend big. But 2 or 3 loan players could really help us push on. CB, Midfielder and a centre forward. 

We won't go up with that defence at the moment. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Couldn't agree more mate.

6 points off automatics and after Leeds we have some very favourable games coming up. There's no standout team in this division. As soon as you think a team might push on, they falter.

2 or 3 loan signings could be the difference. I honestly think whoever has the best January window will go up. (Fulham and Mitrovic spring to mind)

Don't get me wrong. I'm not expecting us to spend big. But 2 or 3 loan players could really help us push on. CB, Midfielder and a centre forward. 

We won't go up with that defence at the moment. 

The lack of midfield cover for the defence is as big of a problem as the defence itself.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Srg said:

The lack of midfield cover for the defence is as big of a problem as the defence itself.

I agree mate. I think we need a bit more strength and mobility in the middle of the park.

But a dominant centre half is needed too. 

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

A glowing recommendation for Pearce at Lampard's press conference today. 

'I have to say 'Pearcey, go and do what you need to do, and go and play', because he's been an absolute star for me here, without featuring in games. 

Every day in training, he has been an absolute example of a player that wants to go and play competitive football. In the modern day, that's not the case everywhere. With Alex Pearce, it certainly is."

That’s brilliant to hear. In an age when ex Pro’s like Roy Keane question why all you hear from Jesse Lingard on Twitter is about new trainers, phones etc. Isn’t it great there are role models like Pearce who just want to play the game, whatever ability.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

That’s brilliant to hear. In an age when ex Pro’s like Roy Keane question why all you hear from Jesse Lingard on Twitter is about new trainers, phones etc. Isn’t it great there are role models like Pearce who just want to play the game, whatever ability.

Who says that Jesse Lingard doesn't want to play just because he's interested in trainers and phones? Roy Keane can't have wanted to play that much if he walked out of a World Cup.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.