Watchable telly

dog

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

He's super charismatic and complicated. Reminds me a bit of Ginny in Gomorrah.

It was sad to see that Werewolf rip his throat out in the last episode. 

FFS….why give the ending away???Won’t bother with the last 2 seasons now 😉

3 hours ago, NottsRam said:

I know Nidge should get his comeuppance but I strangely have grown to like his character even though he is a complete sh!t 😁

I lost the argument to name our new puppy Nidge, based on her not wanting the dog named after a violent, murdering psychopath. 

Weird how she agreed to name him Dexter though 😄 

4 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Finished One Day last night.

It was fairly good but a tad too long for me, I got a bit bored at the end.

It was well acted and had some funny bits, but I suppose it's just not really my genre

Mrs Badger absolutely loved it though, a proper blubfest for her. 

6.5/10 for me and 9 for her.

We finished it last night too.

Mrs Wolfie had something in her eye at the end but I felt strangely un-moved by the ending. I can only put it down to what I said last week about struggling with their friendship being believable at the start. I therefore missed out on the emotional punch that she felt.

6/10 from me. Probably an 8 from the good lady her indoors.

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

We finished it last night too.

Mrs Wolfie had something in her eye at the end but I felt strangely un-moved by the ending. I can only put it down to what I said last week about struggling with their friendship being believable at the start. I therefore missed out on the emotional punch that she felt.

6/10 from me. Probably an 8 from the good lady her indoors.

The reviews of One Day are following a pattern. I must be more in touch with my feminine side than I thought 😊

On 03/03/2024 at 21:14, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

That Shogun is supposed to be really good. Anyone seen it?

Yes, it is very good, so far, two episodes in.

it is a remake of a series of the same name shown in the 1980s

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

39 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Yes, it is very good, so far, two episodes in.

it is a remake of a series of the same name shown in the 1980s

I can't do the one episode a week thing as I lack any patience at all, so I tend to have to wait until the entire series has aired before a weekend binge. Been looking forward to this show with some degree of anticipation, but it runs until the end of bloomin April! 

Grrrr!!!

9 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

I can't do the one episode a week thing as I lack any patience at all, so I tend to have to wait until the entire series has aired before a weekend binge. Been looking forward to this show with some degree of anticipation, but it runs until the end of bloomin April! 

Grrrr!!!

You can do it Comrade 86!

IMG_1752.jpeg

On 26/02/2024 at 20:04, ketteringram said:

Re Kin....

I've finally finished the second season. Great ending. 

Left me puzzled though, about the delightful Mollie from the pharmacy storyline 🤔

On 26/02/2024 at 20:08, Jimbo Ram said:

I thought the same….maybe a last fling before she got married? The only slight flaw in what was an excellent series and nearly made my top 10 😊

On 27/02/2024 at 11:45, Bob The Badger said:

Yeh!!! How random was that?

I like the occasional random, meaningless plotlines.  Bosch was good for weaving those in.

I do wonder if it will resurface in the next one though

I read a few pre-season 2 interviews with the writer, after I'd watched it, and in a couple of them he says Bren wasn't going to be as big a part of season 2 at that point, so he seems he likes the story going off in unexpected directions to what he originally planned.  So I have a feeling she'll reappear in season 3.

Really great show, did anybody else scream at the telly to stop Frank at the end of the last episode???

Wow I'm only 11 years late to the party I have just found Toast of London on Gold, Some great 1 liners and brilliant visual comedySacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video...1st line while looking at framed Birds Beeks, I thought you were a Bee keeper, No, I'm a Beek Keeper 😁

Finally finished Love/Hate last night. 

Long time since I've seen anything as good as that. Even though I really didn't like season 3. The rest of it was brilliant. 

As I've nothing in particular lined up, I may go straight back into a re watch. Really liked the way it wasn't afraid to twist and turn with what happens to the main characters, or what you think at the time are main characters. 

They nailed the ending too. So much happens in those last three episodes, as it builds to the final moments. 

1 hour ago, sage said:

The last 2 series storylines suggest it may br near its endgame though.

The last season's twist was absolutely wild and so farfetched. Wasn't the same when Jimmy left.

3 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

The last season's twist was absolutely wild and so farfetched. Wasn't the same when Jimmy left.

Yeh they haven't jumped the shark yet but they've started the speedboat 

1 hour ago, sage said:

I have just finished every series of Shetland. Good storylines and acting.

Got a Nordic Noir feel to it at times. The last 2 series storylines suggest it may br near its endgame though.

We've recently watched them all and enjoyed it on the whole.

Personally I preferred it when they were shorter stories, rather than one plot over the whole series. Sometimes the tiny band of police breaking up international trafficking and terrorism streched credibility a bit far, for me. Still a solid 7/10 though.

A lighter detective series we've been enjoying (and also just finished) is Brokenwood (UKTV Play). A bit like Midsomer in New Zealand but I like the fact they have a lot of characters who turn up in most episodes & feel this adds a bit of warmth and means there's more character development outside of the 2/3 detectives.

1 hour ago, ketteringram said:

Finally finished Love/Hate last night. 

Long time since I've seen anything as good as that. Even though I really didn't like season 3. The rest of it was brilliant. 

As I've nothing in particular lined up, I may go straight back into a re watch. Really liked the way it wasn't afraid to twist and turn with what happens to the main characters, or what you think at the time are main characters. 

They nailed the ending too. So much happens in those last three episodes, as it builds to the final moments. 

We are missing it so much.

Pleased with my t-shirt though.

IMG_1758.jpeg

14 hours ago, sage said:

I have just finished every series of Shetland. Good storylines and acting.

Got a Nordic Noir feel to it at times. The last 2 series storylines suggest it may br near its endgame though.

We're up to series 6.

Really good.

Incidentally, we are now up to series 25 of Silent Witness.

It fell very flat for a while, but the last couple of series seemed to pick up again.

I can't say that I totally agree with some of the sentiments expressed on here that it tried too hard to be 'politically correct' and some gave up on it for those reasons- in my opinion, they dealt with a few very difficult subjects very well - perhaps just not in the way that agreed with the sentiments of others.

The Gentlemen - spin off series from Guy Ritchie's film of the same title. Shan't say too much to avoid giving anything away, but with a strong cast and a sharp and often funny script, this rattles along with the occasional nod to early outings from the director. Ritchie fans will be pleased to know that Ritchie revisits all of his favourite schticks: drug dealers, the aristocracy, pikeys and arrogant Americans, so if Ritchie is your bag, then you'll probably love this. Great fun without taking itself too seriously.