Watchable telly

dog

2 hours ago, The Last Post said:

I watched the 1st episode of Bodies on Netflix last night, Completely lost me, A naked man is found dead in a back alley in todays London, Then the same body is found in the 1940s, The 1890s and the 2050s, I get the drift about time travel...but 🤷‍♂️

2-10

You need to watch the other episodes 

1 hour ago, The Last Post said:

Yes I gathered that, Maybe this sort of viewing aint my cup of tea 🤷‍♂️

It is one of those things that only reveals itself fully in the final episode and tests the patience in order to stick to that (people not answering a straight question with a straight answer, improbable ommissions in the story telling etc). I found I could only judge whether it was worth it once I'd watched it all. I didn't think it was 2/10 but it also ain't anywhere near 10.😀

So laid up at home after motorbike accident.  Binge watching a number of shows

slow horses; love it follows a group of sub level failures from MI5 as they stupidly run into danger caused by enemies and friends.  Well written with a good pace to 

for all mankind;  follows  future of space travel if the Russians had got to the moon first.  Bit slow early doors but gathers pace with some likable characters.  

silo; slow to start but gets better and second series on the way.  Rebecca Ferguson stars.  People stuck in a silo where they are told the outside world means certain death

foundation; deathly slow with occasional bursts of speed.  Has a dune element to it but far too pompous and dragged out.  Worth a watch but only with access to strong meds

monarch; never a Godzilla film style fan so watch under sufferance.  Story line has a few hooks which will make me come back I think

reacher #2; liked 1 and this is more of the same involves investigation team operating just inside law mostly against organized crime.  Easy watch

hopefully of some use to somebody

3 hours ago, Spanish said:

So laid up at home after motorbike accident.  Binge watching a number of shows

slow horses; love it follows a group of sub level failures from MI5 as they stupidly run into danger caused by enemies and friends.  Well written with a good pace to 

for all mankind;  follows  future of space travel if the Russians had got to the moon first.  Bit slow early doors but gathers pace with some likable characters.  

silo; slow to start but gets better and second series on the way.  Rebecca Ferguson stars.  People stuck in a silo where they are told the outside world means certain death

foundation; deathly slow with occasional bursts of speed.  Has a dune element to it but far too pompous and dragged out.  Worth a watch but only with access to strong meds

monarch; never a Godzilla film style fan so watch under sufferance.  Story line has a few hooks which will make me come back I think

reacher #2; liked 1 and this is more of the same involves investigation team operating just inside law mostly against organized crime.  Easy watch

hopefully of some use to somebody

Feel better soon mate. Had to stop riding bikes as I had one too many spills, so I clearly wasn't very good at it.

1 minute ago, Spanish said:

My first spill ended up lacerating a kidney.  Rest of me is 100%.  Nowhere near yet considering my biking future

I always got away with it bud, but my bikes not so much 😩 In fairness, a couple were where cars have just not seen me and pulled out in front of me, so it's not always been me, just mostly! 

40 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Really enjoying the second series of Vigil on the BBC

It is enjoyable - as long as you accept that they whole thing is a load of absolute bobbins - so many plot holes and unbelievable situatiions that I found myself actively looking for things that simply wouldn't/couldn't happen in real life. First series had a vaguely believable plot line that kept it all together - series 2 seem like an excuse to make another series (this time with a few months on location) rather than becuse they had a story to tell.....

3 hours ago, Gaspode said:

It is enjoyable - as long as you accept that they whole thing is a load of absolute bobbins - so many plot holes and unbelievable situatiions that I found myself actively looking for things that simply wouldn't/couldn't happen in real life. First series had a vaguely believable plot line that kept it all together - series 2 seem like an excuse to make another series (this time with a few months on location) rather than becuse they had a story to tell.....

Nailed it mate

I quite enjoy illusion. Derren Brown and Dynamo both currently have 2 hour episodes on Sky. Both very good. The Dynamo back story, and his guest’s insights into their mental health issues and positive psychology techniques, is really interesting.

Edited by i-Ram

Finally gone through the entire 7 (8 really, as the last one was 21 episodes) season of The Sopranos.

Never seen any before, and I have no earthly clue why not.

It may be the best thing I have ever seen on TV, and I can see why it was the most watched non-network drama in US TV history.

Outstanding acting with brilliant, insightful and at times, hilarious, scriptwriting.

Such depth to it and a real commentary not just on the mafia, but life in general, as they all deal with the same crap we all deal with.

I doubt many of you good folk haven't seen it, but if you haven't, you need to.

CahrlieGeorge/10 with some Colin Todd thrown in.

3 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Finally gone through the entire 7 (8 really, as the last one was 21 episodes) season of The Sopranos.

Never seen any before, and I have no earthly clue why not.

It may be the best thing I have ever seen on TV, and I can see why it was the most watched non-network drama in US TV history.

Outstanding acting with brilliant, insightful and at times, hilarious, scriptwriting.

Such depth to it and a real commentary not just on the mafia, but life in general, as they all deal with the same crap we all deal with.

I doubt many of you good folk haven't seen it, but if you haven't, you need to.

CahrlieGeorge/10 with some Colin Todd thrown in.

I'm currently re watching this. I'm about half way through I think. I watched it when it was first broadcast, but no doubt missed some of the episodes. Really well made, and some great characters. Also probably the only show, that when I'm watching it, I never skip the opening credits!

On 19/12/2023 at 19:30, Jubbs said:

Finally got round to starting True Detective now I've finished for the year. First season is one of the best season's of TV I've ever watched, incredible. Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson are absolutely outstanding in their roles. 

I've rewatched it several times. Amazing script and acting - possibly the best I've seen.

PS Marty's 'conquests'... Holy mother of god, wasn't too hard to believe he was tempted.

The Hairy Bikers : Home for Christmas.

Park any cynicism you may have, because this is a genuinely affecting programme which marks Dave Myers recovery from cancer. Think Whitehouse and Mortimer with better food but the same vibe of one mate helping another through a crisis. Life affirming - and that's not a cliché in this case.