V Sheffield United (a) match day thread

RiddingsRam

13 minutes ago, cannable said:

Oh, and we’re absolutely crying out for that blonde lad who plays for Watford. Balls to it, I’d take Dawkins back to do that role. Bryson can only play the way he’s facing and can’t suck players in enough. 

Alright then @LazloW, we’re crying out for a linking midfielder and I was being coy 

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just read the last few pages and no one seems to mention Bryson. He was awful, really awful. Went around the pitch doing absolute jack.

Flojo was just as bad....again.

Bogle out of depth - how many forward runs does he make which end up with him losing the ball. Not as. As as Bryson or Flojo yet.

Lampard just starting to look out of depth with some of his decision making?

I simply cannot understand Waghorn not getting in this team?

1 minute ago, Rambalin said:

Malone out for a few weeks ...Frank said...and Lowe is returning with a hamstring injury.We have a big problems in the full back area on both sides till someone learns to stop a cross being put in.

Regarding Malone, great news!! If only it was the season!! The guy simply cannot play the game!! 

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

?

As what? He had a mare 2nd half, was okay (just) in the 1st.

Alright Roy! Well the crosses Sharp nearly scored from on 3 seperate occasions weren’t from the left. Won tackles and stopped the play down his side. For saying he’s no way left footed I think that’s a pretty good display. Not great, I’m not singing from the rooftops for him but he was pretty reliable in comparison to what Bogle and Malone have been doing defensively in recent games. And some ‘alright and consistent’ performances are what we need over the erratic displays we are currently getting.

Dont think it needed the laughing emoji mate...

11 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

If we’re gunning for keogh then can We have the same conversation about tomori, he was shocking today 

and not for the first time,

when play is ahead of him, and the he’s ok ... ish, but the minute balls come into the box he switches off, loses his man and ends up in no mans land

he’s starting to put together quite a back catalogue of hapless defending  quite honestly  

My post was in defence of Keogh 

Expected win today, really did. Don’t think they’ll go up at all. Leeds play great football, top manager....... I really really do not like saying that, trust me. They are stand out to me, Norwich, how can they exist on late goals like that, got to be a stat busting ratio. Still, ‘tis the season etc etc boys and girls. Alcohol awaits.......apologies in advance to you tee totallers. Some clubs have spent far more than us but are looking up at us and would love to be where we are, please consider that. Won’t mention names or clubs but, hey Gary your trainers are crap and erm how much have you spent? 

Together Rams, tonight we are disappointed and frustrated but we have a manger and coaching team I have every faith in. YOU ARE MY DERBY , now where’s the ale ? 

35 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Ref decisions?

Books Carson for picking the ball up from a deflected back pass. Sheffield United player deliberately kicks the ball away time wasting nothing is said.

I think we deserved to lose so won’t blame the ref but I have to say he was very questionable to say the least... think he and the linesman had a very poor game.

5 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Just read the last few pages and no one seems to mention Bryson. He was awful, really awful. Went around the pitch doing absolute jack.

Bryson has been anonymous most of the season, but he scored 3 against Forest in 2014 so we have to play him! He's living on his reputation from the past, not even sure what he does in games. He runs around like a headless chicken, and does some pointless layoff back to the person who initially passed him the ball. Not sure the last time he put a tackle in.

1 minute ago, Dappled Ram said:

Surely part of a captains role is to influence the composure and attitude of other players on the pitch.Unfortunately he did not manage to fulfil this role today and in recent matches. Yes he played well in parts and also made some mistakes but personally at the moment it's not working with him as captain.

The composure and attitude he showed today multiple times by dragging the team 40 yards up the pitch? Bypassing more skilled and highly rated midfielders who take the easy option to sit it out? 

What's not working is the team as a whole. An 18 year old right back that's not quite there as a defender, a central partner who is exposed every high ball, a right back at left back who's played a handful of games. Nowt wrong with Keogh today.

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

Dont think it needed the laughing emoji mate...  

Yeah, fair enough. ?

But I thought his 2nd half display highlighted his problems as a defender. If he could have had two 1st halves then maybe he'd make it.

Would rather have seen MacDonald from the U23s tbh.

16 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I thought the whole back 4 was horrendous, Keogh was the best of a bad bunch but his positioning was terrible. Pearce in for Tomori against Norwich please

Hmmm not sure about pearce in. We keep playing players who aren't match fit.

I cannot believe we are in this situation after the October early November form. West brom, Chelsea & Boro seems so so far away ☹️

Think most of our problems stem from the inexperience we have in defence. Both Tomori and Bogle shone when they first came into the side and the team as a unit was playing well but as soon as we hit a bad spell they have struggled to cope because of their lack of know-how. They end up either chasing the ball like headless chickens or lose concentration and become oblivious to everything going on around them. All this has a negative effect on midfield and then further forward.

Maybe time for Pearce to be brought in, either that or a solid central defender in on loan.

Very poor and ill disciplined.

Carson needs to be challenged, Roos and Mitchell aren't the people for that.

Keogh has been woeful for a few games now. Not a leader, didn't get near Sharp all game and needs to be dropped.  

Bogle needs to be taught how to stop a cross and head a ball (not the third but the chance in the first half where he just watched it over his head).  

Tomori positionally bad today but he's having to cover both sides of him.

Huddlestone does not suit what Lampard is trying to achieve.  Too slow and in the last 20-25 minutes of each game does not shield the defence.

Bryson runs about but forgot he was still on at the end.

Jozefzoon offers nothing, cannot protect his full back and cannot beat a man.  At least Camara had a half decent chant!

Mount started brightly and bar Wilson and Mariott nobody on his wave length.

Lampard has made some bad decisions the last two games.  Marriott should have been a shoe-in to start the last game and get us three points.  Waghorn not starting today is a poor decision.

Archived