V Sheffield United (a) match day thread

RiddingsRam

4 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Read it, doesn’t  explain point 3?!?!? Please expand on your opinion 

Problems are easy to see. One of them is  we don’t make clear cut chances, no matter if you look at statistics or you go on ‘what you see’ that’s pretty obvious. In Marriott and thevattscking players, there are goals but we need to be more creative

Everyone knows why this team isn’t quite working, if we address them then we will only improve from where we are now.

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Topram said:

Did we even have a shot after our goal? It didn’t even lift us that’s what worries me

Im with you on this, they were visibly rattled after the goal and we did nothing to panic them after. We actually let them gain control and score!

We're not very good to be honest. Defence is a shambles, it's embarrassing.

The only real bright spark for me is Marriott and he's getting no service.

Also been very impressed with Waghorn when he's played. God knows what's happening there.

Apart from a couple of games, I've not really seen Mason Mount do too much to change a game, he should be the creator. 

The less said about Bryson the better.

Bogle should be rotated. Great talent. Can't be expected to be consistently brilliant at his age in a poor defence.

Huddlestone, can play a great pass, unfortunately not much else at the moment. Shame because he's technically one of the best players I have seen for Derby.

It's sad, as once again we had hope after a decent few games that papered over the cracks. Lampard is doing a good job though & needs to chill out a bit. He doesn't look happy at the minute and seems to be taking it out on everybody but his players.

3 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

We're not very good to be honest. Defence is a shambles, it's embarrassing.

The only real bright spark for me is Marriott and he's getting no service.

Also been very impressed with Waghorn when he's played. God knows what's happening there.

Apart from a couple of games, I've not really seen Mason Mount do too much to change a game, he should be the creator. 

The less said about Bryson the better.

Bogle should be rotated. Great talent. Can't be expected to be consistently brilliant at his age in a poor defence.

Huddlestone, can play a great pass, unfortunately not much else at the moment. Shame because he's technically one of the best players I have seen for Derby.

It's sad, as once again we had hope after a decent few games that papered over the cracks. Lampard is doing a good job though & needs to chill out a bit. He doesn't look happy at the minute and seems to be taking it out on everybody but his players.

Couldn't agreed more! Especially with Lampard, he seems very snappy at the minute especially with Chris Coles on BBC radio derby and it's not on. Direct the anger, disappointment whatever you want to call it, at the right people.

6 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Im with you on this, they were visibly rattled after the goal and we did nothing to panic them after. We actually let them gain control and score!

Excatly we’d just scored out of nowhere and then I don’t think we strung 3/4 passes together after it! 

Thought we played well first half and didn’t deserve to be behind. Our defending for all three goals was extremely poor, the third being the worst of the lot. Second half they outran and outfought us in all departments. It didn’t help being on the back foot through poor defending.

Tomori Keogh Wisdom Huddlestone Bryson Jozefzoon all poor today. Reinforcements needed in Jan to keep in the mix. It could all change with good results against Norwich and Boro but I feel we’re in a scrap for 4th to 10th with no clue where we’ll finish, though would have taken this at the start of the season.

If we don’t go up this season it isn’t as dire as some are making out. Yes we lose the loans but we have the likes of Thomas Sibley and Bird to come through, also the remainder of the  dross signed in 15/16 and other bad signings will finally be out of contract in the summer freeing up wages to do some good work in the transfer market in the summer.

Frank and Mel are building for the long term. If it doesn’t happen this season we’ll be stronger next, if we give them time they will get us to where we want to be.

27 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Problems are easy to see. One of them is  we don’t make clear cut chances, no matter if you look at statistics or you go on ‘what you see’ that’s pretty obvious. In Marriott and thevattscking players, there are goals but we need to be more creative

Everyone knows why this team isn’t quite working, if we address them then we will only improve from where we are now.

Ah ok, fair enough and I agree 

29 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

100% been a long time since I’ve seen us have a lot of chances in a game, a few long shots but no real good chances which they had 5/6 

Well, that was the most inept, excruciating and embarrassing second half performance that I have witnessed in some time.

I was seated very low down in the away end so it was difficult to see which of our players were constantly giving the ball away at the other end, but, boy oh boy, we looked bad.

Full credit to Sheff Utd......they looked well organised and up for it.  Credit to their fans as well.....they made a lot of noise in the second half and were their twelfth man.

Driving back from Sheffield, I caught Franks interview on Radio Derby. he seemed to get proper mardy when asked why he brought on Nugent and Evans before Waghorn. It was a perfectly reasonable question that didnt warrant such a narky reply.

Sorry to be so negative, but that second half performance really knocked the stuffing out of me. I fear that the only way to recover my mood is to crack open the Theakstons Old Peculiar that is currently sat in the kitchen.

Note to the happy clappers......I am normally quite a positive fan.....honest|

2 hours ago, Mick Brolly said:

Please carry on with this absolute balls you're posting then duck off back to your own teams forum .

Do you think he's a good footballer then Mick? I'm not asking about his passion or his commitment but his quality as a footballer. I've seen better at Alfreton town.

Here we go again ...its all doom and gloom.....

I cannot beleive there are fans on here berating Keogh and asking him to be dropped, I like Temori and think he has pace and is decent but today he had a shocker and lost Sharp in the box several times and was lucky not have given away a pen/goal and he is a young lad still learning and today got a bit leaden footed but Keogh was good for us today what did he do wrong ? Just scapegoating Keogh as soon as we lose.

Against Brizzle City he made errors but i don't remember many from him today and thought he held us together at times , Temori and Bogle were bang average today at best but lets berate Keogh....pathetic !!!

If you look at the performance today Mount had a very poor first half and was off of his game and held onto it too long at times and some of his decision making was poor but again a young kid like Bogle and Temori.

I dont rate Bryson and think we need better than him although today he was ok....ok...thats all but we need more than that.

Huddlestone is also getting a slating from some on here ?? He is probably one of the classiest players we have and some of his touches and passes were great but i don't think we can play him in full games twice in a week so Evans came on for him and from what I've seen so far is along way off of ever replacing Huddlestone 

Give Frank and the team time FFS we have a transfer window coming up where some issues maybe addressed like a CM or a CB with experience to step in when the youngsters have a dip in form but generally we are playing some good stuff but its still early days and we are in the top 6 so get a grip.

IMO and its only my opinion but a CM is a must for us and someone mentioned Barry Bannan and to me that type of player would be great, as well as a CB to give Temori a break but they have not become bad players overnight that is for sure.

Someone also said about Jack Marriott not holding the ball up ??? He's never played as a lone striker and is still learning that role and is getting better at it and no one can ever question his desire and work rate.

This is still much better than last seasons dire drivel and we have introduced younger players and we have a new manager to the game who will make errors but be realistic......we are 6th and try and play football and the youngsters need our support.

Bogle today overrun it to many times and got caught out of position, Flo Jo was poor. Bryson very average, Mount was poor today,

But I'm not going to say that they're all rubbish and should be got rid of apart from maybe Bryson 

The championship will always be unpredictable and we are a work in progress so please give Frank the time to sort it out as i think he will....we realistically need 2 or 3 new players in jan and see if we can kick on.....but no one and i mean no one relishes playing us and with a few tweaks here and there we can still challenge for promotion 

8 minutes ago, wingfieldram said:

Well, that was the most inept, excruciating and embarrassing second half performance that I have witnessed in some time.

I was seated very low down in the away end so it was difficult to see which of our players were constantly giving the ball away at the other end, but, boy oh boy, we looked bad.

Full credit to Sheff Utd......they looked well organised and up for it.  Credit to their fans as well.....they made a lot of noise in the second half and were their twelfth man.

Driving back from Sheffield, I caught Franks interview on Radio Derby. he seemed to get proper mardy when asked why he brought on Nugent and Evans before Waghorn. It was a perfectly reasonable question that didnt warrant such a narky reply.

Sorry to be so negative, but that second half performance really knocked the stuffing out of me. I fear that the only way to recover my mood is to crack open the Theakstons Old Peculiar that is currently sat in the kitchen.

Note to the happy clappers......I am normally quite a positive fan.....honest|

I wouldn’t criticise you for those comments. It’s the obvious reaction to that second half, it was very poor!

The problem in our fan base comes when people are picking holes in decent performances or decent results.

12 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Do you think he's a good footballer then Mick? I'm not asking about his passion or his commitment but his quality as a footballer. I've seen better at Alfreton town.

Imo he's a decent championship CB and the current and previous managers seem to think the same. As for the Alfreton Town comment you're taking the piss or you haven't got a clue what you're on about. 

Thought we was poor again today, not sure what game Lampard was watching when he said we was unlucky to be losing at half time , Carson pulled an early save off from Sharp to keep us in the game early on. 

I was sat near the front so hard to see the action down the other end, first half , but nothing suggested we should have had anything other than a 1-0 deficit first half. 

What was blatantly obvious during the game was that we were always second to the ball and out muscled massively in midfield, again we have to many crosses coming in from the right , and again this games tells me why Wisdom is no longer a first choice , I actually thought 1st half before the goal he was doing well , until his obligatory, stand and don’t bother jumping with his player moment came  which evidently cost us a goal.

Second half we were never really in it , great free kick by Wilson again which for me was masking over we could have been 3-0 down. Thought the referee missed a possible penalty at 1-1 when Marriott was clothes lined like in a WWE match , but gave a corner . 

Listened to radio derby on the way home  and not sure Lampard liked when asked why Waghorn didn’t start, but to be fair think a lot of fans were thinking the same .

27 minutes ago, Xlor said:

You're exaggerating for effect, I guess, but that's not uncommon for new posters. Welcome to the forum.

Keogh IS a good footballer, for the vast majority of the time,  but despite all the talk of "he's captained his country. He's been chosen as captain by this manager, that manager and they know more than we do"  he's very much a fair weather captain.

When we're playing well he looks and plays great. When we're faltering slightly and nobody else wants to take responsibility he'll step up admirably.

You certainly haven't seen better at Alfreton Town, but you know that really.

When those around him are fluffing their lines, when there's panic in the ranks, when what we need is somebody to rise above it all, to calm everyone else down and lead by example, well THEN he loses his head along with everyone else, spreading the problem rather than solving it, when that happens he's nearly as bad as anyone. 

Nobody else in the squad steps up in thay regard either though. It's a quality we've been missing for YEARS but as captain the blame for not having that falls on Keogh rather than our recruitment problems. He's doing his best, but he doesn't bring out the best in those around him like the truly influential players. It's hard to find players at this level who can, but that doesn't excuse him joining in the headless chicken routine.

For all his attempts to organise those around him his shouts seem to fall on deaf ears, and I really don't know why that is, but it's been a consistent theme throughout the years.

Carson 6. Great save, then very slow to dive for the goal.  Came off his line more but kicking was poor.

Tomori 3. Lost his man so many times it was mind boggling. Great on the floor, unfortunately they kept crossing it and he seems to fall asleep then.

Keogh 7 My MOM. Brave, good on the ball, no major errors except playing them onside for a goal. Action man who led by example, people criticising him after that performance are just biased 

Bogle  6 - looked good going forward but gets brain freeze when he has to release the ball...bit sloppy second half.

Wisdom 3 - positionally appalling. Watch him again and he is all over the place.  Lacking in confidence.  Never really  gets forward anyway.

Huddlestone 5. Not his greatest game. Very pedestrian even by his standards. Great touch but by-passed at times.

Mount 5. Sloppy, needed too many touches first half. Grew into the game before the general collapse then anonymous. 

Wilson 6. Amazing goal. Busy but never really imposed himself.

FloJo - 2. Trying in vain to think of anything he did. Really poor.

Bryson  4.  Average.  Mediocre.  Just not quite at it.

Marriott 5. Worried how often I have thought, he has done well by working hard but with no real joy....or is the ball just not sticking?

Frank Lampard 5 - Staggered Waghorn didn't start...that Flojo and Bryson stayed on so long and he got 5mins. Wisdom left back? ..please not again!

Need a big reaction. 

Archived