Sign in to follow this  
LB_DCFC

Jacob Butterfield - Joined Bradford City on loan

No, not in the slightest. A Hull fan on here mentioned that it was due to go through in the summer, but it fell through for whatever reason. 

He's been a great example for the out-of-favour players and youngsters in the way he's carried himself in the U23s. He, along with Pearce, have been excellent. He's put in some good performances too, so I'd happily see him and Martin back together and keep Hull up. 

1 hour ago, LB_DCFC said:

Not a surprise this one. Butterfield a 'primary target' for Hull

I bloody hope so, time to move him on, thought he was going to a bigger club when he went to Wednesday, his words not mine, and he is going to end up at Hull, who care more about rugby than football, serves him right, hope he ends up in Division one. One of the biggest waste of money we have ever signed, Thank you so much Mr Rush.

11 hours ago, Derby blood said:

I bloody hope so, time to move him on, thought he was going to a bigger club when he went to Wednesday, his words not mine, and he is going to end up at Hull, who care more about rugby than football, serves him right, hope he ends up in Division one. One of the biggest waste of money we have ever signed, Thank you so much Mr Rush.

I'm sorry but they are your words not his. He actually said that Wednesday are a huge club, nothing bad about Derby. His only criticism towards the club was that the football that Rowett was going to play didn't suit his style, not exactly wrong was he? We can't criticise Rowett’s football and then criticise a player who also criticised Rowett's football, just makes us hypocrites.

1 hour ago, rynny said:

I'm sorry but they are your words not his. He actually said that Wednesday are a huge club, nothing bad about Derby. His only criticism towards the club was that the football that Rowett was going to play didn't suit his style, not exactly wrong was he? We can't criticise Rowett’s football and then criticise a player who also criticised Rowett's football, just makes us hypocrites.

Jacob's problem (if he feels he has a problem) is that many fans will only believe one version of what he said, not the actual words he used.

14 hours ago, Derby blood said:

Wednesday are a bigger club...

Seems to have got his head down despite being out of the picture. Wish him all the best, hope we can recoup a bit of dosh.

2 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Wednesday are a bigger club...

Seems to have got his head down despite being out of the picture. Wish him all the best, hope we can recoup a bit of dosh.

What makes Wednesday are a bigger club?

Never won the 1st Division/Premiership.

Like us they have only won one FA Cup but even further back and we have a strikingly similar record for time in the top division.

We have both played 11 ties in European tournaments, but we were twice denied European football.

Last season we had a higher attendance average.

As a kid I'd go to Hillsborough on a regular basis (mid to late 70's) with my Brother-in-law who was a hooter. I've been in that ground when it was almost empty. 

I think they are a team that flatters to deceive. Yeh they can pull in big crowds and away support on occasions when it suits them, but I'd say their hardcore support is no better than Derby's.

I wonder if they had traditionally played at a crappy ground we'd even be having this conversation.

20 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

What makes Wednesday are a bigger club?

Never won the 1st Division/Premiership.

Like us they have only won one FA Cup but even further back and we have a strikingly similar record for time in the top division.

We have both played 11 ties in European tournaments, but we were twice denied European football.

Last season we had a higher attendance average.

As a kid I'd go to Hillsborough on a regular basis (mid to late 70's) with my Brother-in-law who was a hooter. I've been in that ground when it was almost empty. 

I think they are a team that flatters to deceive. Yeh they can pull in big crowds and away support on occasions when it suits them, but I'd say their hardcore support is no better than Derby's.

I wonder if they had traditionally played at a crappy ground we'd even be having this conversation.

What crappy ground would that be? 

16 minutes ago, Gritters said:

What crappy ground would that be? 

Not sure what you mean. Hillsborough was probably the top ground in the country other than Wembley for a couple of decades.

I meant if say they'd been playing at Bramall Lane whether the perception would be the same.

1 minute ago, Bob The Badger said:

Not sure what you mean. Hillsborough was probably the top ground in the country other than Wembley for a couple of decades.

I meant if say they'd been playing at Bramall Lane whether the perception would be the same.

I just wondered if you were referring to a place I would give my right knacker to be playing at.

His move here hasn’t worked out. So hopefully he gets a move and we can cut our losses as he’ll be on a decent wedge!

Hes not as bad a player as some make out, there’s a decent player in there as he showed at Huddersfield and at the beginning of his rams career. Maybe he needs to be the proverbial big fish in the smaller pond!