3rd Round FA Cup Draw, Monday 3rd December

Day

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

I posted it today!!   LOL!

I do know that. My point is they won't be managerless when we play them. I think I would have rather played them with the current/sacked manager.  New manager,  new broom and players wanting to impress. 

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

Yeah. I never really understood this logic. If the team are good enough to beat those 2 then I am pretty sure they would give us a run for our money. (What if it were Man Utd?

However I understand your sentiment.

It just means someone needs to get lucky and sneak a win - couple of own goals or something. Looking at you Chelsea. 

Or a total bloodbath of a game - red cards, injuries, pitch collapses into a giant sinkhole - those kind of things. Then we're left to pick up the pieces.

1 hour ago, BathRam72 said:

I do know that. My point is they won't be managerless when we play them. I think I would have rather played them with the current/sacked manager.  New manager,  new broom and players wanting to impress. 

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Who the hell want to manage them

German bloke from RB Leipzig is in talks. 

Never mind - cracking draw and I'll be able to have a go at blagging a lift up to see the game ?

14 hours ago, Turk Thrust said:

Just checked a couple of Saints' fans forums. They don't seem particularly downbeat. Two posters remarked that we could be a challenge but our inconsistent form means that a Saints defeat is unlikely. 

?That makes good reading …. fingers crossed, but in a sense I'd say it has banana skin potential for a prem side at their level. If we were Soton we wouldn't be so upbeat. 

Assuming they have the new manager in place it is possible he will try something different in term of players, formation and style that he wouldn't dare in the league. He'll be a few games in so the new manager "bounce" should have faded.

They have 7 intense games in 4 weeks before meeting us, including Chelsea on the Wednesday. Hope BBC don't pick us and move it back!I feel unusually optimistic!

13 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Cracking draw this. At home (finally) and against a struggling prem side. Real chance to show what we can do and claim another scalp, although unless Southampton improve in the next month we’ll probably start as favourites with the bookies.

Quite happy with the draw but I'm not convinced it's really a chance to show what we can do. Even if we play a team close to our normal first team choice there's a good chance Saints won't. They have much more important priorities than the FA cup third round (sadly). 

Archived