3rd Round FA Cup Draw, Monday 3rd December

David

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AshfieldRam said:

Our last 10 3rd round draws

08/09 - Forest Green Rovers (A) 3-4 Win

09/10 MillWall (A) 1-1 (we won the replay)

10/11 Crawley Town (A) 2-1 defeat

11/12 Crystal Palace (H) 1-0 win

12/13 Tranmere Rovers (H) 5-0 win

13/14 Chelsea (H) 2-0 loss

14/15 Southport (H) 1-0 Win

15/16 Hartlepool (A) 1-2 Win

16/17 West Brom (A) 1-2 Win

17/18 Man Utd (A) 2-0 Loss

60% Away

40% Home

Won 60% 

Lost 30%

Drew 10%

That Crawley match was a miserable day. 

Still I love an away day at a lower league club. Bring on AFC Wimbledon!

The way Lamps has set up for the Man U and Chels games he doesn't seem like the 'concentrate on the league' type either.

It'll be interesting to see if he keeps  that approach if we dont get a headline fixture though. 

The FA Cup is our last chance to get into Europe this year. If someone else could knock Liverpool and Man City out for us that would be great. Hopefully we get someone easy like Man Utd.

Personally I think we should always be going to try and win in every competition we enter regardless of how unlikely it is and that includes not playing a B team - at the very least the core of the usual matchday team should be playing.

8 minutes ago, GenBr said:

The FA Cup is our last chance to get into Europe this year. If someone else could knock Liverpool and Man City out for us that would be great. Hopefully we get someone easy like Man Utd.

Personally I think we should always be going to try and win in every competition we enter regardless of how unlikely it is and that includes not playing a B team - at the very least the core of the usual matchday team should be playing.

Yeah. I never really understood this logic. If the team are good enough to beat those 2 then I am pretty sure they would give us a run for our money. (What if it were Man Utd?

However I understand your sentiment.

Archived