Who should we fear?

MackworthRamIsGod

League positions aside, who in this division at the minute would you say are better than us?

Leeds beat us comfortably, but have had a little wobble and were beaten by Birmingham.

Sheff U currently top, we comfortably beat.

West Brom who have a strong squad, we beat comfortably.

Brentford who were flying when we played them, we battered.

Boro, first half hour we simply outclassed them in every department. Although we didn't see the job through.

Forest look strong and Norwich who are flying at the minute, we got a decent point against.

I can see there eventually being a mini league between Derby, Norwich, Boro and West Brom for top 2 spot and I just hope we maintain our current form as I can't see anyone stopping us.

Tomorrow's game is against a Birmingham who have beaten some strong sides recently, beat them and I think that will be a real statement. 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

League positions aside, who in this division at the minute would you say are better than us?

Leeds beat us comfortably, but have had a little wobble and were beaten by Birmingham.

Boro, first half hour we simply outclassed them in every department. Although we didn't see the job through.

Forest look strong and Norwich who are flying at the minute, we got a decent point against.

I can see there eventually being a mini league between Derby, Norwich, Boro and West Brom for top 2 spot and I just hope we maintain our current form as I can't see anyone stopping us.

Tomorrow's game is against a Birmingham who have beaten some strong sides recently, beat them and I think that will be a real statement. 

I don’t think Sheff Utd will be out of the top 2 anytime soon, they are a very good side. It’s just whether they get injuries.

Also I wouldn’t rule out Stoke and Villa. It only takes them to win 3 games and get confidence. They have the quality in their squads and I think it’s only a matter of time until they click (or Stoke realise Rowett isn’t the man and get a proper manager in!).

I think it will be the tightest run for top 2 and top 6 there’s ever been and won’t be decided until the last game. 

10 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

My focus wouldn't necessarily be on playing the others in the top 6. It would be on the lowly teams we've struggled against & who are even less likely to open up against us in view of what we've been serving up over the past 2/3 weeks. 

Teams who climb out of this division have the ability to swat aside resilient lower-half teams & also win when playing badly. For that reason, I still think we've got a way to go to match Boro & Leeds - who are able to 'win ugly'. 

I also don't see West Brom challenging as they're far too open to stay in contention - joint 3rd worst defensive record in this division

We have struggled in games where teams have let us have the ball and made it hard for us to break them down.

We have looked good when we have let the other team have the ball and we've been able to press high and counter at lightening pace.

As I've posted before, I genuinely believe we are more dangerous without the ball than with it, forcing teams into mistake and steeling the ball high up the pitch and then loading players forward.

Lampard is learning in every game but I do see is struggling against lower teams at home who will sit deep and let us have the ball.  

28 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Sorry to be boring but we should fear any side where we're not at it 100%  The Bolton & Rotherham results show what happens when we start to believe our own hype, and aren't fully focused.  As good as the performances have been the past 4 games, we need it again & again if we expect to beat any team we play from here on in.  The cliche about anyone can beat anyone in this league is a cliche for a reason, Brum's result against The Dirties proves it.  

We should fear ourselves. We are arguably the scariest team in the division. At stages teams can’t handle us. We are the only ones who will let us down. We need to stay confident but do not under estimate teams further down the table. If we do that! We will be up there come end of the season! 

I say fear no team. We are masters of our own destiny. We have the manager, we have the players and united we have a formidable fan base. We respect our opponents, trust in Frank's team selection and match plan and with a little bit of luck and no serious injuries to our players we will be in contention at the end of the season.

Archived