Tom Lawrence - Fan criticism

JoeDerby

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone mentioned that he used to play as if he had the weight of the world on his shoulders. Perhaps last season and beginning of this he felt he was the one expected to do something creative, but has realised now that several players can do that so he’s playing with more freedom. He certainly looks as if he’s enjoying his football more.

6 minutes ago, archram said:

Someone mentioned that he used to play as if he had the weight of the world on his shoulders. Perhaps last season and beginning of this he felt he was the one expected to do something creative, but has realised now that several players can do that so he’s playing with more freedom. He certainly looks as if he’s enjoying his football more.

Aren’t we all ! 

4 minutes ago, archram said:

Playing with better footballers around him than Vydra and Wiemann must help, and also freed from the shackles of Rowett’s anti football.  It was obvious (to some), that even on his worst days there was a good player in there. 

32 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I am no great believer in Lawrence but he played very well last night and he is seriously putting up his value to purchasing clubs which is a great thing if we get a very good offer 

That’s it, nice quality backing of one of our players! 

You do know that the wonder kids Wilson & Mount won’t be here next season and you are wanting to offload our only other creative player.....strange ?

On 18/10/2018 at 11:18, JoeDerby said:

I've noticed on Social Media some negative comments surrounding Lawrence.

On a social media post notifying the fans he had been selected for the Wales squad -

'Why have they picked Lawrence? Do Wales have 45323 unfit players or something?'

'Lawrence???? Absolutely crap'

The Wales fans also have mixed feelings on twitter, in a short summary they're saying, the quality is there but the decision making isn't.

I'd like the opinion of some fans on here, I really don't think he's crap. Inconsistent, yes. For a winger, he works hard, plays with aggression and is one of our only players that can create something out of nothing along with Mount and Wilson, possibly Jozefzoon?

For me, he's a spark on the left wing and he's too much of a threat to leave out of the team.

Opinions please.

Criticism of TL absolutely bonkers. 

Lawrence clearly has bags of talent, no one can deny that. When his head is in the game and he runs at players, he can be devastating. My only criticism is his temper. We need him on the pitch. If he can channel his anger into bullying the other team, we will have a great player. This style of play definitely suits him, compared to the hoof ball of last season. 

My goal of the season last season was Vydra's at Fulham. It shows what Lawrence can do. He tackled back to win the ball in midfield them took it forward and with some magic footwork, took out 3 Fulham players before slipping a delicate inch perfect pass for Vydra to run on to. 

8 hours ago, Derbyram1 said:

That’s it, nice quality backing of one of our players! 

You do know that the wonder kids Wilson & Mount won’t be here next season and you are wanting to offload our only other creative player.....strange ?

Not really, I hope he does well but I don’t reckon he will ultimately but we can make a good profit on him 

Just now, Alpha said:

He's certainly chilled out. And Wilson. Becoming unpredictable now. Few weeks ago you could just show them the green green grass and they'd gallop through it. They're now running towards and using support. 

It's almost like when you coach a team properly it gets better. Not sure what Rowett and the jobbers he had with him were doing on the training pitch sometimes.

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

It's almost like when you coach a team properly it gets better. Not sure what Rowett and the jobbers he had with him were doing on the training pitch sometimes.

Footgolf and crossbar challenge. 

There was a really great caller on this week's Moan-in, who sang Tom's praises despite his earlier reservations, among other observations.

He may have been slightly pissed though, from 35.10 seconds in, for those with catch up.

Just now, reveldevil said:

There was a really great caller on this week's Moan-in, who sang Tom's praises despite his earlier reservations, among other observations.

He may have been slightly pissed though, from 35.10 seconds in, for those with catch up.

Was it you?

2 minutes ago, David said:

Was it you?

No no no no no no yes.

I sound even thicker than Jack O'Connell.

A hybrid of the very worse the Derbyshire and Notts accent can muster, in one incoherent 5 minute mumble!

Archived