Tom Lawrence - Fan criticism

JoeDerby

12 hours ago, Derbyram1 said:

Not one of the TL haters were on here when he scored the winner at Reading or the free kick against Leeds yet the minute he has some average games (just like pretty much all our other players with the exception of Mount) then it’s all aboard the TL hate train.

Yes he can be infuriating but he is still our joint highest goal scorer despite missing a few games which speak volumes about our other wingers. 

But as you say, it’s a forum and we are all entitled to our opinions.

Not the case. Lawrence has been here a season and a quarter and is being judged on that,  not one game here or there, good or bad. People have had plenty of time to form an opinion of him.

We're well within our rights to discuss players - that's what forums are for - and I think this has been a good thread, not knee-jerk and with some valid opinions raised on both sides, and for once (unlike the Chris Martin threads) a lack of personal mudslinging.

I doubt Lawrence would take any notice of this board at all, and neither should he really. He should concentrate on what his team mates and coaches are saying. 

Regardless of whether people agree with one's personal opinion, it's what a forum thread should look like. 

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Derbyram1 said:

Same here, lots of criticism for TL but better than Bennett & Jozefzoon.

Absolutely, I'd interchange Lawrence, Wilson and Jozefzoon. I think we have three really good players there with lots of ability. 

It is that old adage - "You can please some people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but you are never going to please all of the people all of the time" 

Unfortunately we appear to have some people who can't be pleased any of the time. They will move onto the next topic/player and find something they don't like, latch onto that and that is it for them.

15 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

It is that old adage - "You can please some people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but you are never going to please all of the people all of the time" 

Unfortunately we appear to have some people who can't be pleased any of the time. They will move onto the next topic/player and find something they don't like, latch onto that and that is it for them.

It seems Derby fans are often harder to please than others.

3 minutes ago, Derbyram1 said:

You say discussion, i say negative comments towards our own players/team.

Jeeees, I got negative comments about a cup of tea I made my work mate about half hour ago, I'm not going to avoid talking to him for the rest of the day though! If we're not allowing opinion we might as well pack it up. 

It's quite balanced in here, nobodies getting personal like other players have had it, it's literally a discussion on his football ability where most are in agreement that he has something, he's just letting himself down in other area's (in some peoples opinions). Make a positive thread, make a positive comment and counter peoples thoughts if you're that bothered.

We should just have threads saying how brilliant every player is and every performance is. 

Only discuss things if it's going to be complete praise and worship please. 

Anybody saying anything negative about anything to do with the club shall be known as a miserable wristslasher from now on no matter how mature or sensible the observations. 

I can see the forum being a continued success like that and when all the club comes on here for read then we'll have surely boosted their fragile confidence in their jobs. 

Tom Lawrence and Derby were great at QPR. Very unlucky not to win by 4 or 5 goals. Mason Mounts passing was also pure joy to watch and I find it hard to believe we can improve on that match. I think back to Connor Sammon and I will never forget his work rate or strength. What a physically gifted athlete he was. Also, Nigel Pearson. Right man for the job imo but had his confidence destroyed by dcfcfans. 

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

We should just have threads saying how brilliant every player is and every performance is. 

Only discuss things if it's going to be complete praise and worship please. 

Anybody saying anything negative about anything to do with the club shall be known as a miserable wristslasher from now on no matter how mature or sensible the observations. 

I can see the forum being a continued success like that and when all the club comes on here for read then we'll have surely boosted their fragile confidence in their jobs. 

Tom Lawrence and Derby were great at QPR. Very unlucky not to win by 4 or 5 goals. Mason Mounts passing was also pure joy to watch and I find it hard to believe we can improve on that match. I think back to Connor Sammon and I will never forget his work rate or strength. What a physically gifted athlete he was. Also, Nigel Pearson. Right man for the job imo but had his confidence destroyed by dcfcfans. 

I agree we dont play well and will say so as and when but singling out players and listing all their negatives is in no way going to help anyone.

TBH i am blaming the international break, it brings out the worst in people.

2 minutes ago, Derbyram1 said:

No it's fine, i'll just sit back and watch the negativity continue in this thread until the next scape goat comes along!

Can you point me to any post where Lawrence has been blamed for any single result in this entire thread? 

In my opinion Lawrence has no weakness to his game. None of our players do. And if they did then this isn't the place to discuss it. We should discuss it in the YouTube comments section of a wildlife video at 23:59 when all players are surely asleep

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Can you point me to any post where Lawrence has been blamed for any single result in this entire thread? 

In my opinion Lawrence has no weakness to his game. None of our players do. And if they did then this isn't the place to discuss it. We should discuss it in the YouTube comments section of a wildlife video at 23:59 when all players are surely asleep

When did i mention that he was blamed for a certain result? 

Making a thread about a specific player is never helpful, all of our players have bad (and good) days only a certain few ever get singled out and only the elite few get their own thread.....Has Lawrence performed worse than Bennett? maybe Josefzoon? no he hasn't so why single him out over those players.

On the plus side, this thread is not a patch on the Keogh bashing thread so that's a positive.

I for one hope that TL has a blinder on Saturday and then this thread might look a bit more positive.

Anyway, just my opinion and appreciate not everyone shares it.....

32 minutes ago, Alpha said:

We know your opinion on Lawerence though, it’s being embedded into our memory by the amount of times you have posted it.

We get it, you don’t rate him, nothing is going to change that and it’s your opinion which is fair enough, however I think the point that Derbyram is tryin to make is that no matter what TL does he appears to be the vent of certain fans anger. Some of these for example are around his attitude, tackling and arrogance, which to me are fabricated and not points of discussion and he is now the no 1 target when things go wrong.

3 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

We know your opinion on Lawerence though, it’s being embedded into our memory by the amount of times you have posted it.

We get it, you don’t rate him, nothing is going to change that and it’s your opinion which is fair enough, however I think the point that Derbyram is tryin to make is that no matter what TL does he appears to be the vent of certain fans anger. Some of these for example are around his attitude, tackling and arrogance, which to me are fabricated and not points of discussion and he is now the no 1 target when things go wrong.

This!!

Archived