Tom Lawrence - Fan criticism

JoeDerby

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tom starting to hit some form it seems. Each time I suggest he can be something really special for us he goes and makes me look daft but he's definitely played a lot more 'heads up' the last few games and also seems to be really enjoying himself which I think might be highly significant. For a while he looked like he had the world on his shoulders. I might be a bit of a blind faith merchant but it's pretty clear that most teams fear him and there has to be a reason for that.

Lawrence was superb last night.

It would be interesting, however, to know what the reaction would have been had the shot for his goal sailed high and wide when the overlap was on from Malone... the fickle nature of the football fan.

Top performance from Tom. 

It might be easy with hindsight to sit here and say it was a good opportunity for him to take on the shot rather than give it Malone but I'd like to think I'd feel the same if it had not gone in. He did everything right, including a nice one two with Wilson, the finish was top notch. 

There was another chance we carved out due to him rolling the ball behind him to an on running player which is exactly what we want to see.

His decision making has been poor at times this year IMO but last night he got everything right. 

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

Lawrence was superb last night.

It would be interesting, however, to know what the reaction would have been had the shot for his goal sailed high and wide when the overlap was on from Malone... the fickle nature of the football fan.

In the box like that I don't mind the greed. It always when he's 30+ yards out and the pass is there but he leaves it and dribbles 10 more yards to shoot from outside the area with everything all squeezing shut. 

But last night I think he was super. He was unfussy and didn't seem to play like he'd made up his mind before looking up. All his efforts were worth a go and the only one where he was a bit greedy I thought he'd earned by spending most of the entire match working hard for the team. 

He opened the angle for his goal brilliantly and Malone deserves an assist for the run too!!

Brilliant last night. Goal was good, carried the ball, protected it better than he has been doing and decision making was generally better. Not everything came off, that’s football, but if he can maintain that level of performance week on week out, there will be no complaints from me.

25 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Brilliant last night. Goal was good, carried the ball, protected it better than he has been doing and decision making was generally better. Not everything came off, that’s football, but if he can maintain that level of performance week on week out, there will be no complaints from me.

Did Pele play well every game !

Archived