Tom Lawrence - Fan criticism

JoeDerby

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Alpha said:

Why would I criticise players equally? They don't all contribute equally to improving the team. 

I don't rate Johnson but I'm happy that's he's doing well and I've not tried to say he isn't. I have said that all the back 6 look good to me. I was dead against signing Tom Ince and then I was gutted we sold him.

See how it works?

That’s praising him ?

As I said, you have countless posts on your thoughts on TL, yet every other player to pull a shirt on, doesn’t get anywhere near the amount of attention you give him regarded of their performance.

We are not talking one or two,, you don’t like him nothing wrong with that it’s your opinion,  and feel free to keep reiterating it, just looked like an obsession to me. I’ll leave you to it now though and promise not to bring it up again. ?

3 hours ago, AdamRam said:

That’s praising him ?

As I said, you have countless posts on your thoughts on TL, yet every other player to pull a shirt on, doesn’t get anywhere near the amount of attention you give him regarded of their performance.

We are not talking one or two,, you don’t like him nothing wrong with that it’s your opinion,  and feel free to keep reiterating it, just looked like an obsession to me. I’ll leave you to it now though and promise not to bring it up again. ?

So you ask me to go find a post that is positive about him and then I do and it's not good enough. Well that's ruined my day.

I'm confused a bit to be honest. We're in the Tom Lawrence thread talking about Tom Lawrence, yes? And in the Forest thread I talk about Forest. In the Keogh thread about Keogh and the Davies thread about Davies. 

Am I doing it wrong? I think I'm doing it wrong. I read the opening post and I've took it off topic. Argh! So annoyed with myself.

And this afternoon I promise to criticise Scott Carson. In the Tomori thread, obviously. I'll try to be more equal in my criticism and aim it across the team regardless of their contribution. Scott Carson is up next.

-------

scapegoat 

a person who is blamed for the wrongdoings, mistakes, or faults of others

Just for those that keep saying x player is used as a scapegoat when actually they've not been blamed for the entire team result/performance and only criticised for their own.

14 minutes ago, Alpha said:

So you ask me to go find a post that is positive about him and then I do and it's not good enough. Well that's ruined my day.

I'm confused a bit to be honest. We're in the Tom Lawrence thread talking about Tom Lawrence, yes? And in the Forest thread I talk about Forest. In the Keogh thread about Keogh and the Davies thread about Davies. 

Am I doing it wrong? I think I'm doing it wrong. I read the opening post and I've took it off topic. Argh! So annoyed with myself.

And this afternoon I promise to criticise Scott Carson. In the Tomori thread, obviously. I'll try to be more equal in my criticism and aim it across the team regardless of their contribution. Scott Carson is up next.

-------

scapegoat 

a person who is blamed for the wrongdoings, mistakes, or faults of others

Just for those that keep saying x player is used as a scapegoat when actually they've not been blamed for the entire team result/performance and only criticised for their own.

Show me where I have said I think you are wrong for criticising him, or anything to do with you making him a scapegoat, and it has come away this way I apologise ?

I just feel as it has been embedded into my mind what you think of TL because I have seen it often enough, and these seem to be higher in proportion to anything else ?

26 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Show me where I have said I think you are wrong for criticising him, or anything to do with you making him a scapegoat, and it has come away this way I apologise ?

I just feel as it has been embedded into my mind what you think of TL because I have seen it often enough, and these seem to be higher in proportion to anything else ?

Sound. Point taken. Let's move on with our lives

On 18/10/2018 at 12:37, CROSSWORD said:

Trouble is the lad seems to think hes already a great player,the finished article no more to learn here.Compare that to the attitudes of our other young players who are striving to be better,they all know theres a long journey ahead and accept the challenge.

No question Lawrence has the ability to become an asset to this club,he has the skills its just the bit between his ears he has to sort out,

This is absolute tosh. Frank picks players based on work ethic and what they add to the team. If he had the attitude you suggest, he wouldn’t be within a 100 miles of the first team. I like him but except he isn’t there yet by a long way. He must be working hard in training, to achieve the starts he’s had. I get the impression he’s trying too hard to impress, once on the pitch. He needs to be told that tracking back, doing the dirty work is just as impressive as a 50 yard dinky run. He has the quality, he simply needs to learn to be smarter 

42 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Sound. Point taken. Let's move on with our lives

Nah. Life is short.

Make sure you spend as much as time as possible on the internet arguing with thick strangers about Derby's third choice winger.

4 hours ago, Doodle said:

This is absolute tosh. Frank picks players based on work ethic and what they add to the team. If he had the attitude you suggest, he wouldn’t be within a 100 miles of the first team. I like him but except he isn’t there yet by a long way. He must be working hard in training, to achieve the starts he’s had. I get the impression he’s trying too hard to impress, once on the pitch. He needs to be told that tracking back, doing the dirty work is just as impressive as a 50 yard dinky run. He has the quality, he simply needs to learn to be smarter 

Isnt that what i said "he simply needs to learn to be smarter" anyone can see he does ,the trouble is 'between his ears"

His arrogance is thinking he can do better on his own than pass the chuffing ball,so irritating to watch.

4 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Nah. Life is short.

Make sure you spend as much as time as possible on the internet arguing with thick strangers about Derby's third choice winger.

You don’t need intelligence to understand the beautiful game. ?

17 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Didn't do too bad when he came on, had some running in him and looked a threat on the break. 

Had some really nice touches too. Highlight was his through ball to Jozefzoon which would have been perfect if not for that brilliant interception.

14 minutes ago, JarodyDCFC said:

Had some really nice touches too. Highlight was his through ball to Jozefzoon which would have been perfect if not for that brilliant interception.

I thought he should have took the last man on and cracked a shot off.?

11 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I thought he should have took the last man on and cracked a shot off.?

Had he done that and messed it up it would have been criticised greatly, usually in that situation he would have lost the ball so in my opinion he made the right decision to pass.

Archived