Tom Lawrence - Fan criticism

JoeDerby

2 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Thought he did very well today when he came on. More of the same please Tom 

He made the wrong choice on two excellent counter opportunities. Both times he had Marriott in on his left, the first he used him as a decoy and shot wide and the second he tried a difficult throughball to FloJo which was cut out.

In general he was much better, but so frustrating.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, JarodyDCFC said:

Had he done that and messed it up it would have been criticised greatly, usually in that situation he would have lost the ball so in my opinion he made the right decision to pass.

I agree, I'm just playing. Fantastic interception by their defender.

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

He made the wrong choice on two excellent counter opportunities. Both times he had Marriott in on his left, the first he used him as a decoy and shot wide and the second he tried a difficult throughball to FloJo which was cut out.

Was the correct ball and some good defending prevented it getting to flo for a good opportunity for 3.

when we broke with Lawrence he caused them problems seemed to beat them at every opportunity or win a free kick. Not usually his biggest fan but I think he did well today.

27 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Avoiding the Marriott chat, then?

That through ball for Flo Jo was firstly, the absolute best decision in the situation   to play the pass, and secondly it was one inch from being perfect and thirdly it was cut out by an “outstanding” piece of defending. If that goes down as a Lawrence rooster up, then he really can’t win.

He frustrates as he has so much ability but tonight he was excellent. I thought he should’ve started, needs to start next match, balance just wasn’t right with Waghorn wide.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Haha...unreal, he could score a hatrick and still some would moan he didn’t get 4!!

28 minutes ago, Derbyram1 said:

Haha...unreal, he could score a hatrick and still some would moan he didn’t get 4!!

I thought he played well today he was really positive on the ball and they struggled to deal with him. I have said before I really don’t get why some people get on his back it’s bizarre he’s a very good player at this level.

Played much better in that he was incredibly hard to take the ball off. I think he tops our stats for dispossessions, but not today. He has great balance and control and was a great asset carrying it foward. Lovely shot from Bogle's through-ball too. Wish he'd played Jack clean through on goal with an easy ball instead of shooting wide, but we're in the Championship and you can't have everything.

Archived