18/19 January Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Guy in the pub before the game told me that we'd signed Mings. 

Steve Nicholson on twitter was asked and gave a fairly cagey response

Sounds more like a genuine enquiry than a cagey response... ?

9 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Guy in the pub before the game told me that we'd signed Mings. 

Steve Nicholson on twitter was asked and gave a fairly cagey response

Now he knows it came from a bloke down the pub I’m sure he’s preparing an article for the DET..

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

Sounds more like a genuine enquiry than a cagey response... ?

haha - yeah it didn't embed the follow up tweet

Cagey in that he could have just said "no" in reply to the first tweet

FWIW I don't think he's being cagey because he knows it's true, I think he was just worried that he spoke to Frank and it wasn't mentioned - and therefore he was worried that Frankie darling wasn't sharing all the gossip with him. Heartbreaking for the clickbait baby

From what I can see it turned out to be a fake Mings twitter account that a lot of people fell for. 

Just a rather out there theory but.... when we see a tweet go up and down from 'fake' accounts  - do you think it may be the agents of some of these players trying to ramp up the interest in their players, for example the tweet goes up it gets everyone talking about it, then the media ask frank about it and then suddenly ourselves and other clubs are linked with him because people are talking about him not playing at Bournemouth and he wants game time... 

46 minutes ago, DcfcJB said:

Just a rather out there theory but.... when we see a tweet go up and down from 'fake' accounts  - do you think it may be the agents of some of these players trying to ramp up the interest in their players, for example the tweet goes up it gets everyone talking about it, then the media ask frank about it and then suddenly ourselves and other clubs are linked with him because people are talking about him not playing at Bournemouth and he wants game time... 

No was some young kid hiding behind a derby badge as his picture 

20 hours ago, StivePesley said:

From what I can see it turned out to be a fake Mings twitter account that a lot of people fell for. 

Wasn’t even that, someone using the web inspect tool to completely edit a tweet then screenshot it before claiming it’s a deleted tweet.

There was another knocking about Harry Wilson leaving as well.

Wayne Hennessy from Palace?

Good back up to Carson, and competition on the far right wing.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjjitG1vdvfAhXNx4UKHUrEBrMQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.telegraph.co.uk%2Ffootball%2F2019%2F01%2F07%2Fwayne-hennessey-denies-making-nazi-salute-celebrating-crystal%2F&psig=AOvVaw0sa4dqBDrT3isI1WNR9jNy&ust=1546943948637117

His excuse is up there with 'the dog ate my homework', or 'I fell over in the shower and landed on the shampoo bottle'.

Another footballer caught out by new technology used in the FA Cup.

Don't mention the VAR!

Archived