V QPR (A) Match Thread

Millenniumram

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Woodley Ram said:

Wells yes the rest no 

We were referring to West Brom’s front three. Their front three of Barnes, Gayle and Rodriguez are by the far best front 3 in the league. Our forwards seem to be distinctly average by comparison. If you have a good forward line then everything else falls into place.

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Some of you are never happy

I think derby were all over them and wilson shot was going in only for a lucky hand that qpr keeper got in the way.

He didn't get in the way, he pulled off a great save. A draw was a fair result unfortunately.

13 minutes ago, McLovin said:

We were referring to West Brom’s front three. Their front three of Barnes, Gayle and Rodriguez are by the far best front 3 in the league. Our forwards seem to be distinctly average by comparison. If you have a good forward line then everything else falls into place.

Sorry after the game I’m walking around shoe shops in Shepherd’s Bush so I am brain dead my apologies 

I thought it was a very entertaining game to be honest. Two teams going at it hammer and tongs to get the winner and although the quality wasn't there for a lot of the game (I'm sure the conditions played their part) there was certainly lots of effort.

Positives for me: 

I really liked the look of Marriot. He finally looks like he's nearing full fitness and took his goal really well. He had a proper battle with QPR defence and was a proper thorn in their side. Made several really good tackles to win the ball back and looked to spread the play quickly. Given time he'll do really well for us I think.

Wilson looked good when he came on and Huddlestone looked classy. Johnson continues to surprise me with his newfound passing ability.

Negatives: 

Bogle looked very leggy and made the wrong decision time and time again further up the pitch. He's young so of course he's still learning, but he looks to have lost a yard of pace he had earlier in the season. Maybe the international break will do him good to recharge his batteries.

Mount also looked leggy. None of his passes were coming off and I think he struggled with the conditions. Maybe like Bogle a but of fatigue is coming into play?

Lawrence again looks threatening and again makes the wrong decision every time. Shoots when he should pass. He turns defenders really well and then ruins it by shooting from rubbish angles or when there's too many defenders in the way. Needs to be more unselfish.

Tomori did ok for a lot of the game but kept getting caught the wrong side of his man when QPR launched it long. Needs to work on getting goalside. And don't get me started on his horrific misjudgement of a long ball into our box. Nearly gifted a chance for QPR to win it until Fozzy came charging back in to save the day. Davies back in for him after the break please.

2 hours ago, Curtains said:

Who’s fault is that he has spent the money from the Vydra sale etc 

It's not really a question of blame is it?....I was just explaining why,in my opinion,he was pissed off in the video.

I'm a big fan of Frank but not all of his decisions....however,I don't think vydra was suited to his style of play and didn't mind him moving on.

Now,sending Martin out on loan and replacing him with waghorn(who still doesn't get a start as a holding Number 9) is another matter entirely.

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

It's not really a question of blame is it?....I was just explaining why,in my opinion,he was pissed off in the video.

I'm a big fan of Frank but not all of his decisions....however,I don't think vydra was suited to his style of play and didn't mind him moving on.

Now,sending Martin out on loan and replacing him with waghorn(who still doesn't get a start as a holding Number 9) is another matter entirely.

Waghorn isn’t a like for like Martin now seeing him play. Martin couldn’t do the intial press like nuge and Marriott and Waghorn can’t hold the ball up like Martin. Now Marriott playing off Martin in a 2 would be interesting. Maybe one for next season ?

30 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Mount also looked leggy. None of his passes were coming off and I think he struggled with the conditions. Maybe like Bogle a but of fatigue is coming into play?

What is the world coming to? They've played 14 games, only just out of September, and we're saying they're fatigued? C'mon!

But, now to the points:

- Marriott MOTM for me, I totally get the Bobby Davison comparision and he's surely got himself a starting place for a home performance now, where he should have more to feed off. Unlucky not to score the second. Bryson also had a very good game.

- Mount's worst game for us by a mile, just wasn't clicking for him at all. Besides the shot Wilson did little as well. Jofeszoon also really didn't get much going. Indeed, I struggle to remember a decent cross all game.

- Huddlestone as a sub was a nice change, he stamped a bit of authority on the game, calmed it down a bit and actually made some space.

- Agree with the earlier poster though, this is two points lost and if we can't beat teams of this standard we're not going to be troubling the play off spots.

- That said, a strange performance - hard to say we did anything categorically wrong, we just didn't click and were maybe a bit too pretty at times. Too many short passes didn't go to man and even the ones we did were too often behind the man, taking away the impetus of the attack. We did lack creativity and nobody seemed able to do that something special - the flick, pass or run that turn them around.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Did you fall asleep again?

I was that cold and wet there was no chance add a couple of dicks in the box above us and there was no snoozing. A bit frustrating but away games are different. I expect us to try to upset the home team and frustrate them. 

Thinking about it on the way back I think McClaren has done quite well getting QPR playing quite well

IMO we should be beating teams like QPR but no game is easy I thought we gave them a few chances today in the 1st half but am  so glad JM scored also his workrate was fantastic chasing players down.

I also thought Bradley J was very good and Tom Hudds when he came on , Bryson and Mount were a bit off the mark today 

Was never a free kick for there goal from what I saw Temori won the ball with a fantastic tackle and seemed to infuriate FL

3 hours ago, Curtains said:

How can Lampard blame the draw on one dodgy free kick decision that should have been dealt with. 

Really strange  interview on Radio Derby 

But its true was never a free kick and sometimes fine margins change results , poor decision by ref but yes think we reacted poorly to Carsons save , my mate said Carson could've done better but I'm not sure about that 

Probably a fair result, poor quality from both sides in the final third. We are poor away, create little, we can't seem to break down sides that sit back. I don't look forward to playing the poorer sides anymore, we have no answers to what we know they will do. 

9 minutes ago, Saity said:

But its true was never a free kick and sometimes fine margins change results , poor decision by ref but yes think we reacted poorly to Carsons save , my mate said Carson could've done better but I'm not sure about that 

I agree

19 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

Waghorn isn’t a like for like Martin now seeing him play. Martin couldn’t do the intial press like nuge and Marriott and Waghorn can’t hold the ball up like Martin. Now Marriott playing off Martin in a 2 would be interesting. Maybe one for next season ?

Sorry to say but can’t see CM being the answer. He was pretty poor for Hull today and didn’t put in a performance according to their fans. Guess we’ve seen the best of him so time to move on

11 minutes ago, Saity said:

I think we are defensively frail at times but which team isn’t. 

I like Frank get frustrated but he has the power to change things.  Us fans don’t have a say we just pays our money.  

8 minutes ago, Matlock Old Ram said:

Sorry to say but can’t see CM being the answer. He was pretty poor for Hull today and didn’t put in a performance according to their fans. Guess we’ve seen the best of him so time to move on

Sheff U away that’s a tough game though and it was only 1-0 

Archived