V QPR (A) Match Thread

Millenniumram

Morning after comment...International break at a good time for us, particularly because we have a tough run of fixtures when we come back (sheff u, boro, west brom).

Bogle is a massive talent but has struggled in the last few, Wilson immediately added energy when he came on, but seems so frail, boy wonder struggled too - hope England keep him wrapped up well. 

The big find for me was Marriot - not just his goal, but the way he battled for the ball and repeatedly won us possession. Should keep out Nuge (painful but necessary) on that form. 

Also very good to see a substitution that wasnt one of the front 3 - and big Tom did what he does immediately - vision, passing accuracy, control. 

Think the learning that we had absolutely no chance in any aerial challenge took a while to sink in on both sides (agree with the previous poster on Matt Smith coming on earlier) 

Bit frustrating to draw - and miserable weather - amusing to see QPR celebrating their 70s stars pre game (Dave Thomas, Don Shanks) as seemed in keeping with a ground that hasn’t progressed either. 

Nice to another side drag Leeds down to earth and if Sheff U are top, then this league is absolutely wide open. 

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

If we click this season, we’ll be going up. 

Clicking? Going up? It’s post like this what make me smile. Other than Brentford 12 games in have we seen anything to suggest going up material?

Sheff Utd top is a LOL but every season there seems to be one (Cardiff, Huddersfield, etc.) so its wide open. However the next 8 games after the break are tough and without stating the obvious will mould our season.

Realistically I can’t see us going up this season and as @RoyMac5 has posted somewhere FL and co have a free hit this season and let’s accept this and not pile pressure on when we win, lose or draw. I just hope Frank sticks around to build something because 6 (7 if you count Mac twice) managers in 4 years is poor. 

13 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

Clicking? Going up? It’s post like this what make me smile. Other than Brentford 12 games in have we seen anything to suggest going up material?

Sheff Utd top is a LOL but every season there seems to be one (Cardiff, Huddersfield, etc.) so its wide open. However the next 8 games after the break are tough and without stating the obvious will mould our season.

Realistically I can’t see us going up this season and as @RoyMac5 has posted somewhere FL and co have a free hit this season and let’s accept this and not pile pressure on when we win, lose or draw. I just hope Frank sticks around to build something because 6 (7 if you count Mac twice) managers in 4 years is poor. 

Why is 7 managers in 4 years poor Leeds have had 8 managers in the same time frame and they stand a far, far greater chance of promotion then we do this season, one point off automatic's currently if my memory serves me right.  

19 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Why is 7 managers in 4 years poor Leeds have had 8 managers in the same time frame and they stand a far, far greater chance of promotion then we do this season, one point off automatic's currently if my memory serves me right.  

Yeah and Leeds have been trying longer than us to get out this league. For a start we have 6 managers players resulting in millions £ playing in the u23 which is wasteful and poor. My point is posts saying IF we click we’re going up are unrealistic. 4 seasons now we’ve had this baggage of us and other saying oh great squad, blah, blah, blah... All I am saying is let’s just hope frank sticks around to build something that probably won’t happen this season, however I get the feeling some cant and won’t except that. 

3 hours ago, Saity said:

I think Marriott and Waghorn would be a proper handful 

I think we should try it.

even if that means going retro 442. 

Why not. Waghorn could drop back if we need an extra bod in the middle.

31 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

Because if some margins were improved upon then we’d be scoring more goals and winning more games. There were some periods of passing yesterday where  if the final ball had been better we could’ve been in on goal / potentially won. We had loads of promising positions down the right side in the second half which should’ve led to a chance being created. One corner we took was passed straight along the byline to our player and we still didn’t force a chance. We have the style and tactics but just not the killer instinct. I think that will come. 

This ain’t no revelation just an easy observation that decision making and  consistency could make us even better. So yes, if we ‘click’ then we’ll have more points / be further up the league. As we’re close to the top then... well you get the picture. 

The same applies across about 10 teams I guess. Those pesky notts boys are finding consistency for example as they look hard to beat if unspectacular. 

Youre right about the next 8 games though; very tough. But aren’t they all. But there’s no stupid pressur on the team -  just a desire for us to do well and keep improving.

2 weeks to regroup etc now. Is the next game v Shef Utd? Great stuff. That’s what it’s all about in the championship. 

I think that not having a big striker doesn't help our cause. At present we have three fairly diminutive strikers who need pinpoint service with balls threaded through or very accurate passes over the top. The chances of them scoring from a high cross are slim , which is why Bogle often checks before he makes a square pass into the area. Fulham thrived with Mitrovic, brighton had Glen Murray and Burnley had Andre Gray. Some height and muscle would't go amiss.

8 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I was towards the front of the upper tier in the middle.

Did anyone see the altercation between fans in that area or indeed were you involved?

We nearly missed our goal because of it!

What happened ? I saw someone being led away on far right I was in lower tier to left of goal and didn't notice anything amiss....what i actually really dislike is the fact they only sing the BZ song and and really wanted us to get a winner and would've been great if Keogh had got it as he really took some flack yesterday from them ....QPR ..small club...crap supporters ...crap ground....

Archived