V QPR (A) Match Thread

Millenniumram

9 minutes ago, superzak said:

Glad i missed this one ...i probably would have been taken to task again for exaggerating and saying i was bored lol

How can Lampard blame the draw on one dodgy free kick decision that should have been dealt with. 

Really strange  interview on Radio Derby 

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Duracell said:

What did we do that was naive?

Just seem to be very brittle playing away from home. Rotherham and Bolton had a game plan, and we were very niave to it..... thought QPR were same, we seem to be pretty and probably not adapt at times..... at home it’s different.... away from home.... we seem to not change way we play, or don’t seem to be able to do ugly

7 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Just seem to be very brittle playing away from home. Rotherham and Bolton had a game plan, and we were very niave to it..... thought QPR were same, we seem to be pretty and probably not adapt at times..... at home it’s different.... away from home.... we seem to not change way we play, or don’t seem to be able to do ugly

See what you mean. Not sure it’s naivety - maybe more a lack of cutting edge. Can’t seem to find a way through teams when they sit back, and for all our approach play, we created little in the second half.

I think the worst thing we can possibly do is change our style when things are tough. We must learn to play through teams.

4 minutes ago, Duracell said:

See what you mean. Not sure it’s naivety - maybe more a lack of cutting edge. Can’t seem to find a way through teams when they sit back, and for all our approach play, we created little in the second half.

I think the worst thing we can possibly do is change our style when things are tough. We must learn to play through teams.

Think it’s the fact it’s Lamps first job, and coming out being critical of the ref don’t help..... but agree with what you say to be fair. 

3 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Very true. A league one club like Blackburn are 1 up at Bolton and we still wouldn't have scored if still playing now. We've looked poor away from home so far and in all games we've have been out played for long periods. Surely Frank and his team arent blinked to that? Frank seems very stubborn. 

On the train back to Cornwall now, I’ve dried off and warmed up a bit so I can finally post some views.

Firstly, positively, Marriott doesn’t look like a dud. I haven’t seen it back, and I was at the opposite end but it looked like a good finish. Ran his socks off but more importantly he put in a series of fantastic challenges which allowed us to break.

However, not good enough yet again. I understand it’s a work in progress and I don’t expect us to be world beaters, but we need to do more to beat poo teams. QPR are poo. Bolton are poo. Millwall are poo. Rotherham are poo. It’s all well and good having the ball like we do, but we really need to be creating more clear opportunities.

Somehow we’re 7th going into the international break with 18 points. At 1.5 points a game, it looks like it’s going to be a low scoring season. So there’s still all to play for and we do have the talent, but we need to do more with the ball and look more dangerous, in the final third today we were terrible. We’ll definitely need to improve to win our next game, and it looks like our home form is going to be pivotal to any success we may have this year.

I see the moaners are out in force again tonight and as usual it’s the demand for instant success and no patience brigade. Give FL time and he’ll get it right. I think we’re slightly better off for points than last year and we’re in 7th place. Come on get behind the lads. Even the great BC took more than one season to get his team together 

Just got in (I live in London so easy trip for me).

Slightly worrying display. QPR looked very ordinary. Not that we have a divine right to 3 points but we really should be killing off teams like that - especially with the wealth of attacking talent we have. 

It all just goes a bit disjointed in the final third. A missed pass here. A moment of hesitation here. The forward players don’t look like they’re quite on the same page. 

Last year we got the same result under Rowett in a very plodding performance. A year on - despite all the new players - not a lot has changed.

5 minutes ago, Matlock Old Ram said:

I see the moaners are out in force again tonight and as usual it’s the demand for instant success and no patience brigade. Give FL time and he’ll get it right. I think we’re slightly better off for points than last year and we’re in 7th place. Come on get behind the lads. Even the great BC took more than one season to get his team together 

It’s not that it’s the lauding of Lampard that possess me off. 

1 hour ago, Doodle said:

They spent wisely. Buy the best centre forward that will actually play for a championship side and the rest takes care of itself. 

You’re right, their front 3 are much better than our front three. They have a solid structure and let the front three do the rest.

25 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I think Rowett will take him in January mate 

...and then stick him on the bench

10 minutes ago, Curtains said:

It’s not that it’s the lauding of Lampard that possess me off. 

What pisses you off if that your beloved Rowett is no longer with us. Your entitled to your opinions, as is everyone else, but let's not dress them up as something they are not, eh? It's all pretty transparent stuff after all.

1 minute ago, 86 points said:

...and then stick him on the bench

What pisses you off if that your beloved Rowett is no longer with us. Your entitled to your opinions, as is everyone else, but let's not dress them up as something they are not, eh? It's all pretty transparent stuff after all.

You are right I need to take a break. 

Change of formation needed in my opinion, a 4222 maybe ? Have Waghorn Marriot up top with 2 wingers and a DM playing with someone like Bryson doing the running ? Just a thought but the Manager gets paid the big bucks to make the decisions 

I just want to see Derby win a midfield battle and control the game, today this did seem the lacking area ! 

27 minutes ago, Ramshankered said:

Just got in (I live in London so easy trip for me).

Slightly worrying display. QPR looked very ordinary. Not that we have a divine right to 3 points but we really should be killing off teams like that - especially with the wealth of attacking talent we have. 

It all just goes a bit disjointed in the final third. A missed pass here. A moment of hesitation here. The forward players don’t look like they’re quite on the same page. 

Last year we got the same result under Rowett in a very plodding performance. A year on - despite all the new players - not a lot has changed.

This was a lot better than the 1-1 last year which was dire. Do agree that we need to be putting teams like QPR away

Archived