Will Cardiff take our record from us?

Gringo

40 minutes ago, sawley_ram said:

Let us never ever forget though, that Forest and Sunderland set the record for finishing bottom of the Premier League 3 times.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/sunderland-tie-premier-league-record-for-finishing-bottom-of-the-/1tk74cf9vxtgk1cxv6m8fteps3

Not excusing that year for us, but it distorts history to be called "the worst ever Premiership team" simply because of one bad year.

didnt we finish bottom in 2002 as well? So, 3-2 Forest/Sunderland?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's try to a) get promoted again and b) we can see how this current lot of players and coaches do in the premier league? 

I'd like to think we've got a better basis for staying up there - 

But everyone is right just 1 win is a poor return. Investment in the promoted team seems to be an important factor! 

31 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Had this thread every year around this time.

Never get your hopes up, it would take an absolute disaster for anyone to beat us.

Saying that, I would Keegan level LOVE IT if it was Warnock’s lot

just getting to xmas with a chance that the record could go would be an achievement of sorts

On 01/10/2018 at 18:53, Ewe Ram said:

I wonder what those mouthy fans are saying now. I don’t know because I reported them to Twitter for abusive messages over snowgate which resulted in them being banned. Oh well. 

Your hero status medal is in the post.. Jeeez. I bet you went to bed all smug.

2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Your hero status medal is in the post.. Jeeez. I bet you went to bed all smug.

No. But I don’t know why I deserve to be on the end of violent threatening messages when I didn’t postpone the damn match. 

3 hours ago, RodleyRam said:

No team will ever be as bad as we were that season. The only way a team will do worse is if they incur heavy points deductions...

We have to find a way to revel in our record and come to terms with it!

I suppose the way to do that is, when we do eventually go up, whoever we beat, we chant something along the lines: ‘you just got owned by the worst team in history, how poo are you?!’

in fact, we should have done that against United. 

Too early to say whether we have the likes of Cardiff taking our record off us. I must admit, them and Huddersfield the season before were lucky to get promotion. They both had games where they were outplayed and some how scrapped a result. Both are currently at the bottom of the Premiership and have 2 points after 7 games which on current rate works out that they could both finish on 11 points.

On 05/10/2018 at 16:25, RodleyRam said:

No team will ever be as bad as we were that season. The only way a team will do worse is if they incur heavy points deductions...

We have to find a way to revel in our record and come to terms with it!

I agree with this. Every now and again a team will find itself promoted before its ready or in total freefall despite being a Prem side the season before but just how bad must a side be to get ten or fewer points from 38 games?! 

Just take a look at that squad we had in that season ffs. No matter how bad Cardiff are now their side & squad today would beat that Derby rabble most times, home or away. 

Cardiff and Huddersfield look doomed this season but both will get close to and probably beyond 20 points let alone lowering the bar we set.

15 minutes ago, Rampant said:

I agree with this. Every now and again a team will find itself promoted before its ready or in total freefall despite being a Prem side the season before but just how bad must a side be to get ten or fewer points from 38 games?! 

Just take a look at that squad we had in that season ffs. No matter how bad Cardiff are now their side & squad today would beat that Derby rabble most times, home or away. 

Cardiff and Huddersfield look doomed this season but both will get close to and probably beyond 20 points let alone lowering the bar we set.

and still, Newcastle couldn’t beat us in two attempts, home or away. That always makes me feel good. 

Archived