Will Cardiff take our record from us?

Gringo

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Cardiff might not. But Macclesfield just took one. Most league games without a win is no longer a record we hold. Woo goo!!

One more game to go...

Macc v Carlisle next Saturday will hopefully be 37 games without a win. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45755066

Jeez, Billy and Jewell (especially) have a flipping lot to answer for. Bloody idiots.

Wete mentioned in this linking, fairly obscure stat / record we hold. Most games kicking off on Saturday at 3pm without a win in the premier league, of all the teams that have played there. And it’s not even close. 21 ahead of second place, we’re on 31, Blackpool are on 10.

On the plus side, there is a crappy record here that we don’t have. Most games at the start of the season without a home goal. We s ores 2 against Portsmouth on the opening day. Huddersfield have yet to score at home. In fact their last home goal was scored by Tom Ince. They are so going down. Like the burton of the premier league.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45930086

On 20/10/2018 at 16:51, Squid said:

We changing this to Huddersfield or maybe Newcastle now? 

My nephew is a Newcastle STH and I thought it timely to remind him that, at the same stage of our fateful season in the Premiership, we had 6 points and they've got 2!!! He says he's not worried!!!!!

1 hour ago, WharfedaleRam said:

My nephew is a Newcastle STH and I thought it timely to remind him that, at the same stage of our fateful season in the Premiership, we had 6 points and they've got 2!!! He says he's not worried!!!!!

We were proper poo after christmas though

We have the longest streak without a win at 3pm on a Saturday in the Premier League. 31 attempts - that’s over 3 times more than second-placed Blackpool.

Not sure why this thread appears every season - you have to be indescribably awful to get 11 points. No one has even come close to it in the past 10 years. It won’t change.

4324F783-8569-4698-B7F1-33EC1A878CEA.jpeg

40 minutes ago, WharfedaleRam said:

We were, but it's not often I get a chance to wind up the youngsters!!!

You can wind up a Newcastle fan whenever you want though. They’re the only team that couldn’t beat the worst team in history. And they were the only team that the worst team in history were able to beat. So who’s really the worst team in history).

(I also like to remember that we spanked them 3-0 when they were walking away with the league and while we were bobbing about near the bottom).

newcastle fans really just need to stfu when chatting to a derby fan. 

• 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Bounce!

The answer is... no.

even a poo Cardiff side aren’t even close to being as shot as we were. 

Nothing poo ? they were the better side last night and deserved to win. I still can’t believe how Colin has completely turned a bunch of journeyman around in 2 years. If they do come down they will be strong next season as they have bought players that will suit the championship. Hats off to them. 

On 22/10/2018 at 11:07, TigerTedd said:

You can wind up a Newcastle fan whenever you want though. They’re the only team that couldn’t beat the worst team in history. And they were the only team that the worst team in history were able to beat. So who’s really the worst team in history).

(I also like to remember that we spanked them 3-0 when they were walking away with the league and while we were bobbing about near the bottom).

newcastle fans really just need to stfu when chatting to a derby fan. 

My memory might be faulty but I thought we'd scraped 2 draws against Fulham that season?

?

Archived