Will Cardiff take our record from us?

Gringo

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

No chance, warnock will be out the door in a couple of weeks and they’ll get some points at least

They could get rid of Warnock, find no one wants the job, and appoint Paul Jewell in desperation...

They’ll still get more than 11 points mind. Derby’s problem that season was not just on the pitch - it seems things were purely poisonous behind the scenes too. It’ll take a very specific set of circumstances to beat 2007/08, and they’ll never happen.

All 3 of the teams in the relegation zone right now would beat our 11pt side.

That doesn't mean they can't get fewer points, but it's highly unlikely.

Not that I want them to, to be honest. I like that record.

We managed to get promoted with a mid-table quality championship team and then had the gall to not only not strengthen the squad, but imo made it weaker. 

Yep, the 2007/08 squad was weak. Made weaker still by offloading Oakley and Howard, the former at least not looking out of place in the Prem. Cardiff do at least have one or two "good" players, and there is also the law of collective mediocrity whereby a number of fairly poor sides around the foot will take points off each other. It's conceivable that a number will end up with 20 or so points. So hard to see how any team will underpass our glorious XI season!

17 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

They couldn’t even beat Newcastle! They must be proper poo. 

And we took four points off them. Mind you after listening to some of Keegan interview on 5live Geordies are seriously screwed , how they’re being run, have been for years. Reminded me of Maxwell, promising the earth etc ??

1 hour ago, Dethorn said:

Agreed, quite fascinating actually. And whilst it won’t make me friends on here, gives you an insight in to how Davies and Jewell has to deal with the carp going on behind the scenes. Could be a movie in there. Not sure we can get Stallone to play anyone though ?

20 hours ago, Asheville Ram said:

As the worst team in Premiership history, currently they have 2 points from 7 games if we extrapolate this to a full season I make 11 points, our unwelcome record could go this season.

As I always say, Newcastle should take that glory, seeing as we took 4 points off them.

I suppose the other thing about our record is that most teams start winning after the inevitable mathematical relegation.  If anything we got worse.  we should just hope for at least some of the records to go at some stage.

Fewest points in a season

Fewest away points in a season

Fewest wins in a season

Fewest home wins in a season

Fewest away wins in a season - can only ever be equaled

Most consecutive games without a win - 32!!!!!

Most defeats in a season

Fewest goals scored in a season

Most goals conceded in a season

Worst goal difference in a season - sort of linked to the previous 2

Most goals conceded at home in a season

Fewest goals scored away in a season:

World's stickiest bogey - sorry I think that's Toxteth O'Grady

4 hours ago, Dethorn said:

Reading this, was Billy that bad? He isn't well liked here because of the forest connections but it looked like the players gave what they had for Billy, we just didn't have the funds, nor the pulling power to get players to sign.

9 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I suppose the other thing about our record is that most teams start winning after the inevitable mathematical relegation.  If anything we got worse.  we should just hope for at least some of the records to go at some stage.

Fewest points in a season

Fewest away points in a season

Fewest wins in a season

Fewest home wins in a season

Fewest away wins in a season - can only ever be equaled

Most consecutive games without a win - 32!!!!!

Most defeats in a season

Fewest goals scored in a season

Most goals conceded in a season

Worst goal difference in a season - sort of linked to the previous 2

Most goals conceded at home in a season

Fewest goals scored away in a season:

World's stickiest bogey - sorry I think that's Toxteth O'Grady

You mean we don’t have the record for most goal conceded away, or fewest goals scored at home. That’s got to count for something at least. 

Archived