Will Cardiff take our record from us?

Gringo

2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Someone will have to go bust and get docked points to beat it. 

There's as much chance they'll rejig the points system before that happens, and some stupid new rule (maybe 4 points for an away win, 2 points for a draw, or something equally idiotic) will make it completely unreachable.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Spanish said:

I suppose the other thing about our record is that most teams start winning after the inevitable mathematical relegation.  If anything we got worse.  we should just hope for at least some of the records to go at some stage.

Fewest points in a season

Fewest away points in a season

Fewest wins in a season

Fewest home wins in a season

Fewest away wins in a season - can only ever be equaled

Most consecutive games without a win - 32!!!!!

Most defeats in a season

Fewest goals scored in a season

Most goals conceded in a season

Worst goal difference in a season - sort of linked to the previous 2

Most goals conceded at home in a season

Fewest goals scored away in a season:

World's stickiest bogey - sorry I think that's Toxteth O'Grady

We hold 'fewest home wins and 'fewest away wins' jointly with some other clubs so I don't think those ones count ?

I just had a look on the Premier League website and saw this extra trolling in the description...

20181002_185006.jpg

Just now, Steve Bloomer's Washing said:

We hold 'fewest home wins and 'fewest away wins' jointly with some other clubs so I don't think those ones count ?

I just had a look on the Premier League website and saw this extra trolling in the description...

20181002_185006.jpg

Yes we can break a record as soon as we’re promoted! 

Same old woe is me story.

If we'd have gone up under Mac in 2014, we'd have kept a place in the PL with no additions at all, and comfortably imo.

We just went up when the Championship was at its weakest, and the top flight was at arguably it's strongest.

Our record will never be beat, I'm not too fussed mind, it beat being in the 3rd division for a start.

33 minutes ago, David said:

Tell us what you're drinking Rev

A nip each of Hughes, Hendrick and Dawkins, topped up with a top class Martin and a dash of peak form Bryson. All backed up by a shot of unbeatable Buxton, more than enough to Ward off relegation, do you Grant me that?

4 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

A nip each of Hughes, Hendrick and Dawkins, topped up with a top class Martin and a dash of peak form Bryson. All backed up by a shot of unbeatable Buxton, more than enough to Ward off relegation, do you Grant me that?

Hope you've got some Nurofen in for the morning, full English will sort you out if not

10 hours ago, jimbobram said:

Reading this, was Billy that bad? He isn't well liked here because of the forest connections but it looked like the players gave what they had for Billy, we just didn't have the funds, nor the pulling power to get players to sign.

Yes he was.

He made the win at Wembley all about him; doing post-match interviews on the pitch taking about his future (saying he didn’t know if he was going to stay) rather than talking about the team’s achievement that day. I will never forgive him for that.

After Chelsea H (his last match as manger) in his interview he was clearly looking for a way out, critising the Chief executive.

£3M spent on Claude Davis! Without doubt the worst signing if seen us make too.

Getting promoted was a great achievement. At the start of that season we didn't even have a centre forward or a left back but we did have the remnants of Burley's side despite the later damage inflicted by phil brown.

BD came in and immediately lost tommy smith. Idiakez left with BD seeming not to want him despite the gushing praise he handed out in his later interviews. But somehow he miraculously forged a very effective winning team.

however the board seemed to want to get out or cash in at the earliest possible opportunity.

its hard to know what's true regarding the allegation that owners wanted a new manager before we'd even been promoted, but if it is true then that is totally undermining. Some of BD's rage would also be totally understandable.

The Wembley win was spoiled by silly comments on the pitch, but the biggest mistake with BD is to rise to the bait. Injuries to johnson and barnes didn't help.

The summer spending was dreadful and BD was right about a lack of ambition or investment. It seemed unclear as to who was running the show at that point. BD seemed less than enamoured with the signing of Earnshaw. Claude was a dreadful signing. Eddie lewis, benny feilhaber, lewis price, andy griffin  - all terrible. Added to mceveley, fagan, teale, malcolm, macken etc we were buying utter rubbish. BD used to do a stand up routine for the forest fans, laughing at the mismanagement of those transfer negotiations but he's kidding himself if he thinks Kenwyn Jones would have made any difference.

Our failings were exposed and we were soon inevitably heading straight back down.

The comments after the chelsea game were probably born of frustration and anger rather than a deliberate ploy to seek a pay off. But It was like watching a car crash. Adam Pearson was just another opportunist looking to make a buck out of selling to new owners.

the appointment of jewell was predicted prior to it actually happening and therefore PJ's denial of prior involvement seems less than credible. Presumably we were communicating with his agent. That killed us. I don't think anyone could have realised just how poor he was. 

The next wave of january transfers was equally bad. Savage, mills, robert, ghaly, sterjovski, villa etc and jewell soon slagging off his new £2m striker in those dreadful post-match interviews. 

11 points is an absolute disgrace - a permanent embarrassment, that unfortunately will never be beaten.

Let it be a lesson to us.

For Cardiff to go down with a lower points tally it would take a stroke of genius, but it could happen.

Neil Warnock gets sacked, they hire Alan Pardew, and they keep him hired regardless of the fact he's screwed them over.

This is the I my way it might happen, otherwise, our 11 points tally is impossible for them to beat. It's such a great achievement, 1 win, 8 draws, 29 losses. Amazing.

2 hours ago, David said:

Why didn’t we easily go up in the automatics then?

Not a chance we would have easily stayed up without adding anyone to the team.

Ten games under Clough, George not starting until March, Bobby Madley

A Bournemouth side we were better than stayed up with 9 players that got them up featuring in their most used 11

Just now, cannable said:

Ten games under Clough, George not starting until March, Bobby Madley

A Bournemouth side we were better than stayed up with 9 players that got them up featuring in their most used 11

10 games under Clough did not stop us going up, look how Fulham turned their season around last year and finished 2 points off automatics. We finished 8 points off second.

Why did Goerge not play till March, why did Bryson not play in the final at Wembley? McClaren's team selections. Had we played Thorne earlier who's to say we wouldn't have picked up more points, or Bryson would have helped us to beat QPR.

No club has ever gone up from the Championship and survived without making additions to the team, I don't see how you can sit here and say we would have easily stayed up when we couldn't even beat 10 men in the one game that would have seen us go up.

Even Wolves that demolished this league didn't arrogantly think they could easily stay up, they went out and made signings, as did Fulham who have strengthened yet one win so far.  

2 minutes ago, David said:

10 games under Clough did not stop us going up, look how Fulham turned their season around last year and finished 2 points off automatics. We finished 8 points off second.

Why did Goerge not play till March, why did Bryson not play in the final at Wembley? McClaren's team selections. Had we played Thorne earlier who's to say we wouldn't have picked up more points, or Bryson would have helped us to beat QPR.

No club has ever gone up from the Championship and survived without making additions to the team, I don't see how you can sit here and say we would have easily stayed up when we couldn't even beat 10 men in the one game that would have seen us go up.

Even Wolves that demolished this league didn't arrogantly think they could easily stay up, they went out and made signings, as did Fulham who have strengthened yet one win so far.  

But it cost us points…

Because he’s better than Eustace… 

Squad depth would have perhaps been needed, but the starting 11 was fine 

Anything can happen in one single game of football

I think they both would stay up with their Championship teams as well, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t strengthen 

Let us never ever forget though, that Forest and Sunderland set the record for finishing bottom of the Premier League 3 times.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/sunderland-tie-premier-league-record-for-finishing-bottom-of-the-/1tk74cf9vxtgk1cxv6m8fteps3

Not excusing that year for us, but it distorts history to be called "the worst ever Premiership team" simply because of one bad year.

20 hours ago, jimbobram said:

Reading this, was Billy that bad? He isn't well liked here because of the forest connections but it looked like the players gave what they had for Billy, we just didn't have the funds, nor the pulling power to get players to sign.

I remember him putting Darren Moore up front against Birmingham, just after the transfer window had shut and he felt he hadn't been given the funds needed. Second home game of the session, totally winnable game and he behaved like an utterly petulant child and ambushed the game to make some stupid point.

Mind you, Jerome scored for them after something like 20 seconds because we were all still singing and listening to Steve Bloomer. On reflection it was an awful encapsulation of our utter lack of cohesion as a club from the very beginning.

Archived