Mason Bennett

MackworthRamIsGod

12 minutes ago, RamNut said:

He's still learning, and finding his feet. But he whips in a great cross, drops back to add muscle to the midfield, and gives 100% for his local team.

cost nowt.

whats not to like?

Thought he was excellent again today,I'm extremely impressed by him this season.....and hes our very own homegrown star too.

I'm predicting great things with us over the next few seasons.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 21/09/2018 at 15:43, Edtheram said:

He is a very good young player - He just seems to be shattered after 70 mins unfortunately

I think most of the front players were shattered today 

Am I right in thinking all 3 front players got replaced ?

when ur playing with that energy and work rate that Frank is demanding I think it’s very much part of the tactic game to freshen up the front line as they inevitably start to tire 

no team or player can maintain a full press that intense for 90 minutes even city freshen things up in the forward areas frequently 

think it’s called defending from the front

Tin hat coming but still think his quality on the ball is poor. Often runs into dead ends, makes it easy for the defender to tackle him and first touch isn't good.

Work rate phenomenal today, super cross first half for Nugent though and his best game this season.

I still want more from him in goals/assists. Wilson comes in after one game and scores/assists (winning the free kick).

I would also say no-one else in his position is performing enough to warrant the shirt over Mason.

17 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Tin hat coming but still think his quality on the ball is poor. Often runs into dead ends, makes it easy for the defender to tackle him and first touch isn't good.

Work rate phenomenal today, super cross first half for Nugent though and his best game this season.

I still want more from him in goals/assists. Wilson comes in after one game and scores/assists (winning the free kick).

I would also say no-one else in his position is performing enough to warrant the shirt over Mason.

I throught masion had a good game he caused them all sorts of probleams he just needs a goal

5 hours ago, rammieib said:

He reminded me of Johnny yesterday. Work rate and effort faultless. Final ball or knowing when to deliver that final ball still an area to be developed. Bennett and Bogle are huge positives for this season regardless of where we end up position wise. 

• 2 weeks later...

he divides my opinion - he works hard and always try's to change the game. However, i just dont think he is a starting championship winger, no goals yet this season and Lawrence, Waghorn and Jozefzoon have 7 or 8 between them, Holmes got 2 assists in one game too. The chance he missed at Man U was poor but luckily didn't cost us in the end, his first touch is erratic at times and he always seems knackered after 65 mins. I think he needs a rest but then i think all he needs is a goal. Hes a good player and needs time to improve granted but for me he shouldn't be starting at the moment. 

Doesn't cut it in my opinion.

Very quiet in games bar a couple of good crosses, wasteful in possession, barely scores, barely beats his man, everything that you want a winger to be good at.

Could be an effective sub for us, but goes missing too much in games for him to be a top player in this division.

I've not once though keep giving them ball to Bennett because the LB/RB is frightened of him.

He's been given his best chance to shine in a Derby shirt by Frank and he's not taking his opportunity.

Can see him dropping out of the 18 altogether soon.

Simply not good enough. Effort gets you so far, but then you must deliver as an attacking player.

However, based on Lawrence (lack of) contribution against Bolton, he's in over him. Would like to see Jozefzoon given a run of games now. 

Problem with Mason is he has no trick to beat players he just wants to knock it down the line and turn it into a race.Noticed second half against Brentford their full back just dropped off a yard and totally nullified him.

Has a centre forward he does not score goals or really hold the ball up his record at U23 and out on loan is poor.

I agree that Bennett is probably an impact-sub to bring on after 70 minutes when the full backs / defenders are slowing down.

After the Man Utd game I would have started with Jozefzoon and Waghorn in place of Bennett & Nugent for the Bolton game.

hey guys masion bennet got it in him and yet he gives everything for the club he put some great crosses to win us those games he just needs to relax and rest will come.

But perhaps he just needs a rest and probley come on for 2nd half tommrow but I have faith in masion bennet.

I got a lot of stick a few weeks ago for saying he gets away with it because “he’s one of our own” but his record is atrocious and last few games have caught up with him, he’s had a few years mixed with injuries so I would rest him tomorrow 

Archived