Mason Bennett

MackworthRamIsGod

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

I'm just on my way to start another Mason Bennett thread if that's ok? 

That’s fine mate. 

Does Mason flatter to deceive in lots of ways. 

I have always though he will never be a true goal scorer as he doesn’t have the nouse in front of goal. 

Always seems to rush it. 

He is giving 100 percent though that’s for sure. 

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

My question is why haven't you done it already?

A player as good as Mason Bennett deserves 7 threads, no less than that will do.

Bogle should at least have 9.

I think Keogh is the current holder for the most threads ever made about a player.

But yes agree with the numbers you are giving me here. 

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Starting to impact games and seems to be striking up a good partnership with Bogle. 

Still think he needs to work on the technical side of the game as he never really seems in control of the ball.

Definitely improving though, keep up the good work!

That will be due to their time playing together in the under 23's (my fellow expats will understand that one ?)

18 hours ago, richinspain said:

That will be due to their time playing together in the under 23's (my fellow expats will understand that one ?)

From what I can find Bogle only ever actually made 10 appearances for the U23s.

In only one of them was he on the pitch at the same time as Bennett, for 85 minutes against Leicester in November 2017. 

For 7 or 8 of his performances Bennett wasn't even in the squad!

22 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Starting to impact games and seems to be striking up a good partnership with Bogle. 

Still think he needs to work on the technical side of the game as he never really seems in control of the ball.

Definitely improving though, keep up the good work!

Did you see the move he pulled off about 30 mins in to beat his defender on the edge of the box and get through on goal?  Someone should make a gif of it.

I'm confident the technical skills are there myself.

1 hour ago, therealhantsram said:

Did you see the move he pulled off about 30 mins in to beat his defender on the edge of the box and get through on goal?  Someone should make a gif of it.

I'm confident the technical skills are there myself.

If it’s the one I’m thinking about I think he beats the defender by not knowing where the ball’s going himself… 

2 hours ago, Matt H said:

In only one of them was he on the pitch at the same time as Bennett, for 85 minutes against Leicester in November 2017. 

Bogle only joined us in the summer of 2016 as well

Just my opinion but I think Bennett has stuck around so long only because he’s an academy player.

I don’t think he’s particularly Championship standard. I don’t think he would make the first-team in pretty much any club in this league. 

I think his hardwork, endeavour and on-field personality will mean he’ll have a solid career. Probably end up a League One regular in the future.

31 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Just my opinion but I think Bennett has stuck around so long only because he’s an academy player.

I don’t think he’s particularly Championship standard. I don’t think he would make the first-team in pretty much any club in this league. 

I think his hardwork, endeavour and on-field personality will mean he’ll have a solid career. Probably end up a League One regular in the future.

Good offensively: more assists (2) and a better mins per assist than any other Derby player this season. Clearly has a great understanding with our best RB. He still needs to work on his conposure in front of goal though, which I’m sure he’s aware of and trying to work on. 

Fantastic defensively: tracks back better than any of our other wingers. 2nd to only Wilson for tackles per game, 2nd only to Lawrence for interceptions per game, 2nd fewest fouls per game behind Josefzoon. 

All whilst having the fewest minutes per game

45 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Exactly correct, he gets loads more good favour from the fans because he is a local lad....if we had signed him for 500k then everyone would be on his back.

3 hours ago, Matt H said:

There's always someone, somewhere with a big nose, who knows, who'll trip you up and laugh when you fall ?

Archived