Mason Bennett

MackworthRamIsGod

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Just my opinion but I think Bennett has stuck around so long only because he’s an academy player.

I don’t think he’s particularly Championship standard. I don’t think he would make the first-team in pretty much any club in this league. 

I think his hardwork, endeavour and on-field personality will mean he’ll have a solid career. Probably end up a League One regular in the future.

I think your right here. For me, he doesn't contribute enough with goals/assists (yes I know he has two assists) but generally his final ball is actually poor. His first touch isn't good enough either.

For however well we did play on Tuesday, the team line up didn't shout out goals to me.

7 hours ago, rammieib said:

I think your right here. For me, he doesn't contribute enough with goals/assists (yes I know he has two assists) but generally his final ball is actually poor. His first touch isn't good enough either.

For however well we did play on Tuesday, the team line up didn't shout out goals to me.

You are right, as a 22 year old who has just made the real break through to the first team and played at least 6 times this season mostly from the bench, he should be on par with the likes of Messi and Ronaldo. Obviously rubbish.

4 hours ago, nottingram said:

Meanwhile you’re edging towards 7500 posts on an Internet forum talking about him, with a mighty 0 good posts......

remember though this is a poster who thinks the Beatles were a krap boy band and wee Billy was hard done to! 

Everybody is entitled to an opinion I suppose. maybe. 

MB has started as well as anybody else has this season.  He is controlled, a handful, a threat and has produced some remarkable play.  As MR says yet to see whether he can score goals but there is a doubt about many in that regard

Now we've wrapped up that Marriott is a dud, we're moving onto Bennett? Despite him looking like he is getting better with every game.

Patience people. He will get goals. If we're consistent with his playing time, i'll go for 7 this season. (not a patch on b4's prediction of 20 i know).

3 hours ago, Spanish said:

remember though this is a poster who thinks the Beatles were a krap boy band and wee Billy was hard done to! 

Everybody is entitled to an opinion I suppose. maybe. 

MB has started as well as anybody else has this season.  He is controlled, a handful, a threat and has produced some remarkable play.  As MR says yet to see whether he can score goals but there is a doubt about many in that regard

They were.....and he was.

And I totally agree about him not being the only one that needs to add goals to their game...!

12 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

You are right, as a 22 year old who has just made the real break through to the first team and played at least 6 times this season mostly from the bench, he should be on par with the likes of Messi and Ronaldo. Obviously rubbish.

Yes because I'm using Messi and Ronaldo as my benchmark.

100 appearances, six goals. Regardless of the fact the vast majority of them are sub appearances, I still fail to see the end product of Bennett and we're struggling to score. 

Just to show I'm not against youth, Bogle could turn out to be be the find of the decade for us. He is brilliant.

He's still learning, and finding his feet. But he whips in a great cross, drops back to add muscle to the midfield, and gives 100% for his local team.

cost nowt.

whats not to like?

So pleased for Mason Bennett, he has been with us for 10 years, playing at all age levels, had some bad injuries  but has never given up, he has things to improve, but so has every player like Frank I have fallen in love with Mason Bennett, he leaves it all out on the pitch, his work rate is incredible, he is striking up a good understanding with Bogle, I for one would love him to succeed with us, a great advert for the younger players in the academy, were hard work and desire can take you, also he has a wicked cross on him, he will get better at finishing, I am sure our coaching staff is working on this with him.

Archived