Few idiots spoil the day

B4ev6is
Message added by Day

Full appeal: http://www.derbyshire.police.uk/News-and-Appeals/News/2018/September/15-Sept-Police-appeal-for-information-after-Rams-crowd-trouble-in-Rotherham.aspx

Officers are continuing their enquiries following crowd trouble at the match between Rotherham United and Derby County at New York Stadium on Saturday, September 15.

During the game, a female Derby fan was hit by a seat thrown from the stand where Derby fans were based. She required hospital treatment for her injuries.

If anyone has any information regarding this matter they can contact PC 2179 Roger Brown by email on derbyshirefootballunit@derbyshire.pnn.police.uk.

21 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

The way I look at it is this ,at PP if I want to sit I go in the East,West or North stands .If I get a ticket for the South stand I expect to have to stand .When I go away I also expect to stand as the majority do  as  do most  of the visiting fans to PP . 

I personally have no problem with this and I guess the answer is if you don't like the status quo then don't go.

sorry but that sounds like 'I'm going to stand and I don't give a ... what you think, move somewhere else or don't bother coming if you don't like it'.  

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Surely the clue is in the ticket - it's called a seated area for a reason. I get that there are limited standing areas in modern stadia but that's what is says on the ticket, that is the condition of purchase, that is what is being asked of you- no matter on your own personal view of what might be fun.

Then, when safe standing does come along, I look forward to the discussion on here 'I decided to sit on the terraces, it was spoiling my fun to stand, why couldn't everyone else sit down as well, why should I stand in a standing area when it was obviously more fun to sit down'.

My seat is in the stand though ?!?!

40 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

The way I look at it is this ,at PP if I want to sit I go in the East,West or North stands .If I get a ticket for the South stand I expect to have to stand .When I go away I also expect to stand as the majority do  as  do most  of the visiting fans to PP . 

I personally have no problem with this and I guess the answer is if you don't like the status quo then don't go.

I love Status Quo, why do people always bash them?

4 hours ago, King Kevin said:

I'd agree that at Pride Park if you want to sit it would be silly to get a ticket in the south stand.

However, at away matches you have no idea where you are going to be sat and who will be in front or behind you. 

Suggesting fans should not go to away matches if they want to sit is quite frankly ludicrous.

15 hours ago, superrams23 said:

Soo because you can’t but standing tickets people shouldn’t be able to enjoy theselfs in which ever manner they choose? 

No. Quite simply it is the Law!

I personally have no problem with people standing but to say 

Soo because you can’t but standing tickets people shouldn’t be able to enjoy theselfs in which ever manner they choose? 

Is frankly ridiculous. Do you break the law in public in other areas of your life? I enjoy a cigar but its not allowed in the ground but **** it I will light up anyway cos no one is going to stop me enjoying myself. Your argument has no basis at all!

this is all about consideration of others.  Nobody should go to the south stand and expect everybody to sit down because they want to.  Nobody should deliberately decide to block somebody elses view just because it suits them.  It is a form bullying in that it is a challenge to those inconvenienced by a selfish act to say/do something.  I think this is mainly an way day issue given that everybody appears to know how to behave like an adult at PP (booing omitted!)

1 hour ago, Bluedogmaz said:

No. Quite simply it is the Law!

I personally have no problem with people standing but to say 

Is frankly ridiculous. Do you break the law in public in other areas of your life? I enjoy a cigar but its not allowed in the ground but **** it I will light up anyway cos no one is going to stop me enjoying myself. Your argument has no basis at all!

It’s not the law though......

5 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

‘Nobody may stand in any seating area whilst play is in progress. Persistent standing in seated areas whilst play is in progress is strictly forbidden and may result in ejection from the ground’.

That's exactly what the notice at Rotherham said.

The word 'may' is key - roughly translated if means 'if we can be arsed....'

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

‘Nobody may stand in any seating area whilst play is in progress. Persistent standing in seated areas whilst play is in progress is strictly forbidden and may result in ejection from the ground’.

That's exactly what the notice at Rotherham said.

The word 'may' is key - roughly translated if means 'if we can be arsed....'

It’s the same as the age old “Crowdsurfing is prohibited and you may be ejected from the venue” at gigs. 

5 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

It’s the same as the age old “Crowdsurfing is prohibited and you may be ejected from the venue” at gigs. 

Where as there is no such rule in the Post Office, although I would strongly advise against crowd surfing the pension queue

Archived