v Rotherham United (A) Match Thread

rynny

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Not sure about the crucial last-minute switch from @Derby blood. If it doesn't work out, I know who I'm blaming. Can't the forum automatically schedule a duplicate of the "winner stays on" post to kick off the new thread?  Is the on-the-day thread a free-for-all with whoever gets the team out first the starter? 

No Nuge or Bryson (as @angieram@angieram alluded to in the pre-match thread) or Wilson. It's a very good team on paper. Let's hope they start fast and do the business. 

It is following a suggestion from @reveldevil, you also commented on it at the time ?

On 01/09/2018 at 14:53, reveldevil said:

Not an issue, but a suggestion.

Would it be possible/desirable to split the matchday thread in two once the teams have been announced?

A pre match thread and a match thread for instance. 

It would help keep things easy to follow if you could click on the thread and know exactly where it will start from time wise.

For instance today was the first time I've looked at the thread since it was created, and to find out the line up I've had to skip to the last page, then reverse up until I found it. 

It's similar after a game, I like to go back and read people's thoughts on the game and the line up pre match, but it's a lot of guesswork to find where such posts start.

I don't know if this is possible, or if anyone else has the same issues, so I'm just throwing the suggestion out.

On 04/09/2018 at 01:07, Carl Sagan said:

Aha! That's why the Rotherham thread is labelled "pre-match". I can see the point. Another leap forward for Frank Lampard's dcfc fans.

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Yes. We knew it was happening, but not how it would be implemented. I'm questioning the implementation. 

It is usually me or @David that posts the team line up, I believe after a day or 2 the threads will be merged into one whole thread. 

Team looks good to me. Nuge won’t be my FRGS but I can cope with life’s minor let downs. 

Not so much a must win game, but the sort of game that if we win convincingly then we could  rightly feel that track we are on is for real and not just a bit of good form. 

4 minutes ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

But who would you drop, Keogh or Tomori?

Tomori ( at CH but he can contribute elsewhere)

3 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Nugent is ill,Bryson picked up a training injury & Wilson not quite ready but should be for Tuesday apparently.

Fair enough

15 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Me likey that team. Midfield balance looks better if not ideal, wonder maybe whether Lawrence would be better there long term? Pretty much the team I would have picked so naturally we’re in for a 3-0 loss. Huddlestone being back is massive imo, absolutely massive.

Huddlestone with a mobile other two could be very interesting- altough Bryson is injured today I wouldn’t discount a 3 of Huddlestone Bryson and Mount this season altough I think Bryson and Johnson will generally share the position 

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

Right in the line of fire for target practice! 

2018-09-15 14.36.52.jpg

Is the Visit Rotherham advert next to the one that says 'contract shingles' ?

Archived