v Rotherham United (A) Match Thread

rynny

Just now, Mick Brolly said:

Probably worse than it sounds but not behind so no worries sure we'll smash them second half. 

There is zero chance its worse than Ramage and Dawes have made it sound. Zero. ? 

(I'm watching it)

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mafiabob said:

Disagree, it’s been played over the midfield nearly all game, they can’t be all 12ft high

Because none of them are willing to come short to collect the ball and help out the defence. Huddlestone is doing exactly what Ledley does, he's pushing forward whenever Keogh or Tomori has the ball so they have to either pass it between themselves or go long. Huddlestone has really, really frustrated me that first half .... they're sitting off us and letting us have the ball, so the best long distance passer in the division has decided not to come short to get the ball and have the time and space to pick a pass. So, so frustrating

12 minutes ago, caymanram said:

Hudds not looking comfortable to my mind and our midfield is non existent right now..,,

Well generally last season when Huddlestone was with Johnson we were non existent in midfield so nothing new there but they both have thier qualities and today we need them to head the ball which is also why Keogh and Davies will be our CB partnership when fit this season 

3 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Because none of them are willing to come short to collect the ball and help out the defence. Huddlestone is doing exactly what Ledley does, he's pushing forward whenever Keogh or Tomori has the ball so they have to either pass it between themselves or go long. Huddlestone has really, really frustrated me that first half .... they're sitting off us and letting us have the ball, so the best long distance passer in the division has decided not to come short to get the ball and have the time and space to pick a pass. So, so frustrating

Makes me think that’s something tactical, I’ve noticed it with whoever’s playing there. They just need to be told to sit, we’ve got more than enough going forward. One CDM to distribute from deep is what we need

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Said it wasn't going to be a walk in the park that some thought it would be.

All games are very competitive in the champ that's why I love it so much, think Frank will change it after 60 mins bring Mason Bennett on and Mariott, think the second half will be better, once Frank has had a few words in the dressing room. Come on u RAMS.

Strange first half - we have the football skills but they are more direct and quite physical. 

Johnson is really competitive but Huddlestone is struggling with the intensity. Having said that, he nearly scored. 

Think we need Bennett on, he won't mind getting stuck in - Josefzoon, who I really rate, looks a bit lost. Waghorn is struggling too against their big centre half but trying to move him about.

Hoping for a better second half.

Positive start. Decent transitional play so far.

A cross comes in from Forsyth which looked, by the camera angle, like it almost went in. But i've no idea how close it was. GK looked a little panicked.

Derby win the ball in midfield, Huddlestone sets Jozefzoon in behind but the full-back pulls him down for a Derby FK. Yellow card to the full back Wood.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Makes me think that’s something tactical, I’ve noticed it with whoever’s playing there. They just need to be told to sit, we’ve got more than enough going forward. One CDM to distribute from deep is what we need

We have a fair bit along our frontline but the centre forward position has shown nothing to me this season to be honest because I like my centre forward to be either strong and holding the ball up or/ and quick as lightning and shooting at goal which I haven’t seen as yet ( maybe Marriott could do part of this) 

Rotherham work it down their left, but its defended excellently by Keogh. He plays it up the wing for Waghorn to run on to, but he's fouled by Wood. 

Referee has something to say to Chris Jones.

15 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Disagree, it’s been played over the midfield nearly all game, they can’t be all 12ft high

Disagree? I think we’re saying the same thing in a round about way. The midfield haven’t gotten involved enough (me) because we’ve been reduced to playing it over them (you). 

Archived