v Rotherham United (A) Pre-Match Thread

Derby blood

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a game (no disrespect to Rotherham) that we need to win, all games are hard in the Championship and they are no mugs who are a threat at set pieces and will fight to the last, but these ones we need to win, games at Villa, Leeds etc will be harder to come away with any points.

hard game but one we can win COYRs 

Lots of confidence on the forum. Hope it's not overconfidence. No games in the Championship are easy. Away games are especially hard. We have to work harder than Rotherham if we're to win the game. 

It's a test of the players of how much they want to go up. Or are they happy in their comfort zone? In some senses, this will help define our season. Lose or draw and we're back in the comfort of the pack. Win and we're challengers. 

28 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Lots of confidence on the forum. Hope it's not overconfidence. No games in the Championship are easy. Away games are especially hard. We have to work harder than Rotherham if we're to win the game. 

It's a test of the players of how much they want to go up. Or are they happy in their comfort zone? In some senses, this will help define our season. Lose or draw and we're back in the comfort of the pack. Win and we're challengers. 

Agree with this, need to go out there and work our backsides off, with Frank in charge I am sure he will be reminding the lads this  just before kick off, let's see us put on a great performance which has Frank and the away fans bouncing at the end, my score prediction is 2-0 to the Rams Mount and Waghorn.

45 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Lots of confidence on the forum

And rightly so.

This morning my son's U8's team were well mismatched and lost 14 - 0. We ended up with 2 of their players playing our side to try and even things up a bit.

I'm expecting a similar scenario today against Rotherham. I'd suggest giving them Marriott & Ledley and letting them play with 13 players just to keep our score in single figures.

2 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

This is a game (no disrespect to Rotherham) that we need to win, all games are hard in the Championship and they are no mugs who are a threat at set pieces and will fight to the last, but these ones we need to win, games at Villa, Leeds etc will be harder to come away with any points.

hard game but one we can win COYRs 

No game at this stage of the season is must win

As someone else posted they have an excellent home record.

Match day ??? ?.. ..  

todays agenda following on from normal Saturday morning activities including but not exclusively, bacon, eggs, coffee and crossword solving with Mrs Jono

1) walk dog, 13.00 - 14.15

2) mrs Jono departs to hair dresser. 14.45

3) Get radio, 14.48

4) go to shed  14.53 ( have debate with self debate as to whether it’s a beer or a cup of tea that I take with me. )

5) go back to house to get shed keys that I forgot. 14.54

6) open bottle of beer 14.55

7) 15.00 kick off - Hope Rammage has a happy hat on, we get that early goal, and dog doesn’t nick sweeping brush 

life is full of simple pleasures 

COYR 

58 minutes ago, jono said:

Match day ??? ?.. ..  

todays agenda following on from normal Saturday morning activities including but not exclusively, bacon, eggs, coffee and crossword solving with Mrs Jono

3) Get radio, 14.48

4) go to shed  14.53 ( have debate with self debate as to whether it’s a beer or a cup of tea that I take with me. )

7) 15.00 kick off - Hope Rammage has a happy hat on, we get that early goal, and dog doesn’t nick sweeping brush 

COYR 

Ha Ha .... almost carbon copy of my Saturday afternoon except at 2) Mrs Gisby goes into town (Ilkeston) shopping. Add point 8 from 15.00 - 16.55 shout, curse, hold head in hands, fist pump, whoop, leap out of chair, moon walk etc etc.  Dog looks at me as if I’m an imbecile and goes into a barking frenzy when my histrionics get too much ? All this from a 55 year old!!! Thank you @jonofor giving me the confidence to share this with everyone!!!! ???

1 hour ago, jono said:

Match day ??? ?.. ..  

3) Get radio, 14.48

COYR 

Do you do a lot of debating? Are you a mass debater? ?

Archived