v Rotherham United (A) Pre-Match Thread

Derby blood

Another good win, Frank starts the bounce again, so I will keep this run going by starting the Rotherham away thread, think we will go to Rotherham and get another victory, 2-0 to the Rams with mount and Nugent getting the goals, we have already sold this game out, I can see Derby having a very good September, and I believe come October we will be in the top 2.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great work by @Derby bloodin taking us all the way through to the International break and for immediately starting off the Rotherham thread. Players not on international duty have a short break, but after that it's a tremendous opportunity to do more tough work on the training ground to go into the game fitter and better drilled.

Players away on international duty are Keogh, Lawrence, Ledley, Wilson, Mount and Tomori. In the past it's been more, so Frank and Jody are fortunate they're left with a lot to work with. One thing I've heard of from top level managers is drilling pre-set patterns into the play so that everyone on the field moves knows their role in a specific situation. I'm sure I've heard our management talking about doing this and I reckon after two weeks on the training ground we might see more evidence of it at Rotherham. 

Previous Derby teams have always dropped points once we reached the two points a game automatic promotion level. Every single time. It's like a glass ceiling Derby players have never managed to break through, as if terrified of going up. This time I want us to shatter it into a million pieces. 

It will be interesting to see how he sets up, it's almost impossible to pick - I'll opt for the following:
Carson; Bogle, Keogh, Davies, Forsyth; Huddlestone, Johnson, Mount; Bennett, Jozefzoon, Waghorn. 
Roos, Malone, Tomori, Bryson, Wilson, Lawrence, Nugent

Assuming Bogle, Huddlestone & Davies are fit enough. 

4 hours ago, Ambitious said:

It will be interesting to see how he sets up, it's almost impossible to pick - I'll opt for the following:
Carson; Bogle, Keogh, Davies, Forsyth; Huddlestone, Johnson, Mount; Bennett, Jozefzoon, Waghorn. 

I would expect Lawrence to start in place of Bennett.

15 hours ago, DesertRam said:

I would start Marriott in this, as we don't want him on the fringes.

He needs to get off the mark, and start his new career with a bang.

We've won 4 on the trot, the three players (Nuge, wags and Bennett) ahead of him have all assisted/scored in those games, it'd be making changes for the sake of changes 

I’m happy with whoever Frank picks but my only “must be there in the middle” is Huddlestone.

I usually get a bit nervous about those away games when we are expected to get a result but this time round I’m feeling pretty comfortable with the upward curve we are on.  

16 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

This should be one of our easiest games this season ,expecting 3 points and an improvement on our goal difference. Be surprised if we don't keep a clean sheet in this one and hoping for good win and Middlesbrough and Leeds to drop points,?

I can't see it being that easy as they are in 15th at the minute and if they get a goal they park the bus and make things difficult like they did in their 1 0 home win vs millwall,  we should win but I expect it to be similar to the Hull league game.

I don't get why we think any game in this league is ever going to be easy. 

We aren't some wonder side playing teams off the park.  We are a team in transition finding its way after just six games. 

We will have to win our battles, defend stoutly and take our chances to get anything from this game. 

Rotherham will scrap for everything. 

30 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

This should be one of our easiest games this season ,expecting 3 points and an improvement on our goal difference. Be surprised if we don't keep a clean sheet in this one and hoping for good win and Middlesbrough and Leeds to drop points,?

Congrats on jinxing us to a 3-0 defeat

On 10/09/2018 at 19:01, Ambitious said:

I should have realised it was you again @Ambitious How many times do I have to tell you, you can't play 18 players at a time. ?

More strike action on the trains this weekend.

There are limited trains from Sheffield to Rotherham, only at 11.15, 1.15 and 2.15. Only one train back after the game at 5.43pm. 

Luckily there are direct trains from Derby to Sheffield again now, but taking a little longer than normal.

31 minutes ago, DenbyRam said:

More strike action on the trains this weekend.

There are limited trains from Sheffield to Rotherham, only at 11.15, 1.15 and 2.15. Only one train back after the game at 5.43pm. 

Luckily there are direct trains from Derby to Sheffield again now, but taking a little longer than normal.

Ignore the 2.15 train. Not running now.

Archived