Butterfield

Philmycock

Hearing there was a deal in place on the last day of the window for Butterfield. And he was there at the club willing to go. But either it was a case of the Kieftenbelds and the paperwork missed the deadline or Derby pulled it at the very last minute for some reason. Not sure which. 

Sounds bad either way.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He apparantly has no hope of playing for FL but unlike others in his position wont either put the work in to change it go out on loan but will sit on his arse and just take the money , and i expect he wonders why rams fans dislike him ! He may be wealthy but has no pride . 

8 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Hearing there was a deal in place on the last day of the window for Butterfield. And he was there at the club willing to go. But either it was a case of the Kieftenbelds and the paperwork missed the deadline or Derby pulled it at the very last minute for some reason. Not sure which. 

Sounds bad either way.

It might be nothing to do with us, maybe the club had to get someone out to get someone in.  There was a similar tale at Hull yesterday, Adkins was talking about it after the match. He said the player was there, everything signed but another deal didn't go through so it was pulled at the last minute.

9 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Sounds bad either way.

Sums up his time here really 

The way Derby fans talk about Butterfield is bizarre. 

He had a little spell under Clement where he played well and since then he's had a very average time. 

His worst crime is playing it safe when he should look to take risks. That's his worst crime. 

He's never actually been an awful donkey who kept giving the ball away and making huge defensive errors and missing sitters. 

And now he's planning on taking all our money until his contract runs out?? 

It's just a bit odd imo. People seem to care a bit too much. We have had far worse players. 

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

He had a little spell under Clement where he played well and since then he's had a very average time. 

His worst crime is playing it safe when he should look to take risks. That's his worst crime. 

He's never actually been an awful donkey who kept giving the ball away and making huge defensive errors and missing sitters. 

It's just a bit odd imo. People seem to care a bit too much. We have had far worse players. 

It can only be the fee which people hold against him.

In which case blame the club, not the player.

8 hours ago, Alpha said:

His worst crime is playing it safe when he should look to take risks. That's his worst crime... We have had far worse players. 

No his worst crime is not putting in the effort. He’s better than lots of ‘worse players’ we’ve had but at least they’ve tried.

9 hours ago, Alpha said:

I don’t particularly like butterfield but the criticism of him at times is bizzare. Like you say, the worst thing he did was play it sideways too much which is... exactly all Bryson has done all season. But he’s a hero so he gets away with it.

18 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

He apparantly has no hope of playing for FL but unlike others in his position wont either put the work in to change it go out on loan but will sit on his arse and just take the money , and i expect he wonders why rams fans dislike him ! He may be wealthy but has no pride . 

I’m glad you’re aware of all the ins and outs.

@David summed it up nicely a few pages back, that it’s not as simple as thinking he can’t be bothered to do anything. There are way too many variables and we as fans really know next to nothing about what goes on. 

absolute nonsense. Is "apparently" your way of saying "I have no real criticism, I'll make something up"? I bet he still works harder than you do in your job. I am a fan, I don't dislike him. I empathise with him, I won't say more or @David will start issuing me warning points out, but your post is complete bull-sausage and just shows you don't understand football.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

No his worst crime is not putting in the effort. He’s better than lots of ‘worse players’ we’ve had but at least they’ve tried.

In which game(s) did he not put in "the effort". If it's so blatant, I'm sure you'll be able to name 5 games, I can then check the stats and prove you're talking bull-sausage.

Like Martin, he just isn’t naturally fit enough. You can’t criticise one and not the other if you’re going down that road. 

What utter drivel

1 hour ago, cannable said:

Like Martin, he just isn’t naturally fit enough. You can’t criticise one and not the other if you’re going down that road. 

In the one game I watched in pre season in which he played, Butterfield was MOTM I thought actually.  Seem to think a few others did

But he's clearly not in FL plans. And I respect the managers opinion. 

There's no basis for saying he's lazy or not fit enough unless you are a coach at dcfc though. I haven't seen anything from the club saying that. 

I don't get why fans seem to hate players who may not be up to standard.  Doesn't mean they aren't trying. They just maybe need to either drop a level or, more often, play for a team with a style that suits them (Shotton is one of highest performing players on whoscored.com by playing for a manager/ system that suits him; despite the bile that came his way on here which seemed to imply he could barely kick a ball)

And why should he take a pay cut? Its not his fault we gave him a contract and then decided we didn't want him and no club came in for him. If we want to pay him off, fine. 

20 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

You possibly make up porkies, Seaside Ram. I bet you live in the Pole of Inaccessibility (46°17′N 86°40′E).

1 hour ago, Gritty said:

In the one game I watched in pre season in which he played, Butterfield was MOTM I thought actually.  Seem to think a few others did

But he's clearly not in FL plans. And I respect the managers opinion. 

There's no basis for saying he's lazy or not fit enough unless you are a coach at dcfc though. I haven't seen anything from the club saying that. 

I meant more in the sense that he has proven over his Derby career that he isn’t quick or physically fit enough to play energetically. 

Whereas Bryson is naturally extremely fit and energetic. As was Sammon. 

Ha ha ha, do compare their Derby County stats for me and I’ll try and answer.

I don’t understand your argument, we aren’t comparing how effective or productive either has been for Derby County, my point was that both are slow and aren’t energetic.

Archived