Butterfield

Philmycock

I am clearly in a massive minority who thinks that Butterfield would fit in to Lampard's tactics brilliantly. He rarely gives the ball away, has passing accuracy better than the rest of midfield (that were here at same time), so maybe now 2nd to Huddz, has vision in all directions, can use both feet and has excellent ball-striking technique. The problem is, his best position is currently occupied by Mason Mount.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The people calling him for staying because of the money, he would be earning exactly the same whether he stayed or went out on loan. The only way he would earn less is if he left on a permanent deal. As Mel said at the recent fans forum. 

Just seems another excuse to have a dig at one of our players. 

Any player at Derby will always get my 100 percent backing, but to say Butterfield, would be a good player under Frank is talking rubbish, because if he was impressing Frank in training he would be in the 18, to be honest with you, he is one player we needed to move on, not good enough for Derby, and I am sure Frank would agree with me about this, Sheffield Wednesday fans I know, said he was terribly for them, never making or seeing a forward pass, think he would struggle to play for any top championship side now, and he also needs to sort his attitude out as well.

36 minutes ago, Moist One said:

I am clearly in a massive minority who thinks that Butterfield would fit in to Lampard's tactics brilliantly. He rarely gives the ball away, has passing accuracy better than the rest of midfield (that were here at same time), so maybe now 2nd to Huddz, has vision in all directions, can use both feet and has excellent ball-striking technique. The problem is, his best position is currently occupied by Mason Mount.

Come the end of the season, Butterfield will have appearances to his name. You're right, he does suit Lampard's system very well.

It's probable that he was on the list to let go if the right deal came in, but I think its highly likely (and perfectly reasonable) that he's incredibly low on confidence after last season.

Now the window's closed, and he doesn't have that in the back of his mind, I expect him to start pushing the players in front of him. Injuries/Suspensions will hit and he is good enough to nail down a starting spot when he gets a chance if he's on his game.

19 minutes ago, rynny said:

The people calling him for staying because of the money, he would be earning exactly the same whether he stayed or went out on loan. The only way he would earn less is if he left on a permanent deal. As Mel said at the recent fans forum. 

That’s actually a very valid point, one that slipped my mind. 

3 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Any player at Derby will always get my 100 percent backing, but to say Butterfield, would be a good player under Frank is talking rubbish, because if he was impressing Frank in training he would be in the 18, to be honest with you, he is one player we needed to move on, not good enough for Derby, and I am sure Frank would agree with me about this, Sheffield Wednesday fans I know, said he was terribly for them, never making or seeing a forward pass, think he would struggle to play for any top championship side now, and he also needs to sort his attitude out as well.

tell me more about his attitude.... go on.

7 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Come the end of the season, Butterfield will have appearances to his name. You're right, he does suit Lampard's system very well.

It's probable that he was on the list to let go if the right deal came in, but I think its highly likely (and perfectly reasonable) that he's incredibly low on confidence after last season.

Now the window's closed, and he doesn't have that in the back of his mind, I expect him to start pushing the players in front of him. Injuries/Suspensions will hit and he is good enough to nail down a starting spot when he gets a chance if he's on his game.

There is no chance he suits Franks playing style, he is far to slow on the ball, and his work rate is average at best, do not forget his critism of our club, saying when he went to Wednesday he was joining a BIG club, and there fans could not stand him, not one championship club wanted him, that tells you the story, as others have said he would have picked up his wage packet where ever he ended up, we have plenty of midfielders before him at our club, Tom, Bryson, Mount, Ledley, Evans and George, that's 6 players who are much better than  Butterfield. In my opinion, and looks like Franks as well.

27 minutes ago, rynny said:

Yes but at least we wouldn't be footing the bill.

I don't have any animosity towards the guy only the tool who sanctioned the inflated transfer fee and contract when we signed him.

He’s not any worse than Johnson or Bryson tbh so it must be a mental problem, maybe he isn’t working hard enough in training? Once you’ve lost your admition it’s hard to get back. This is especially the case when many fans don’t rate you and boo you for passing backwards and sideways, even though one of your teammate passes it backwards and sideways more on average but is lauded a hero because of one game 4 and a 1/2 years ago.

3 hours ago, Inglorius said:

Like I said no ill will towards the guy, I guess in hindsight the person who sanctioned the transfer fee and wages package thought they were doing a good service for the club.  

I'm not sure you can put that much blame on the folk that signed him. I (and a lot of others)  was pleased when he signed - he was their player of the year and most people thought he was just the type of player we needed - unfortunately, reality was that he was nowhere near the standard we were expecting - and he got worse as time went on (and as the crowd got more and more on his back). Whether that was 'big fish/small pond' to 'small fish/lot bigger pond' syndrome meaning he couldn't hack it with the extra pressure of playing for us or whether he just figured he'd made it when he got his big move is impossible to know - I'm just surprised he's still here after the end of the window if he can't get anywhere near the matchday squad....

7 hours ago, rynny said:

The people calling him for staying because of the money, he would be earning exactly the same whether he stayed or went out on loan. The only way he would earn less is if he left on a permanent deal. 

He might be earning the same but how much of it would Derby be paying?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

He might be earning the same but how much of it would Derby be paying?

whatever his contract entitles him to. It will be less than his potential earnings as he has no chance of appearance bonus, assist bonus, win bonus, goal bonus etc etc.

Just now, Moist One said:

whatever his contract entitles him to. It will be less than his potential earnings as he has no chance of appearance bonus, assist bonus, win bonus, goal bonus etc etc.

If he went out on loan, surely that would save us money is what I meant?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Why not?

do you know if he had options?

and even still, what if it was a dog-hole of a city, or a team that has horrible fans (worse than you lot)? Why should he go? Why should he move out of his house and move his family? I hope he sorts his mind/confidence out and manages to get into Frank's plans.

46 minutes ago, Moist One said:

do you know if he had options?

and even still, what if it was a dog-hole of a city, or a team that has horrible fans (worse than you lot)? Why should he go? Why should he move out of his house and move his family? I hope he sorts his mind/confidence out and manages to get into Frank's plans.

Because he wants to play football. He’s not gonna get in Franks plans with his attitude to playing.

Archived