The Debate

Yani P

On Sky Sports last night - Frank got a mention for the first home win, again they were talking about the need to give him time to replace the players that cannot play the way that fits his philosophy.

Interesting comments also from Sidwell and Rosenior on playing Derby in recent seasons - it was clear that teams knew we were soft and if things didnt go right and they could really get at us in the first 15-20 minutes there was a great chance we would roll over.

I am sure that is something Frank is fully aware of and one of the things he will want to remove from the club mentality as soon as he can but was an interesting few minutes of discussion.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Interesting comments also from Sidwell and Rosenior on playing Derby in recent seasons - it was clear that teams knew we were soft and if things didnt go right and they could really get at us in the first 15-20 minutes there was a great chance we would roll over.

It's a baffling comment because teams are fluid. Who plays now that did when we faced them? Keogh, Forsyth (at the moment), Carson, that's about it.

24 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Interesting comments also from Sidwell and Rosenior on playing Derby in recent seasons

Duracell called it the other day. ?

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/30301-is-it-me-or-is-david-prutton-a-slimy/

On 20/08/2018 at 17:18, Duracell said:

Everyone who doesn’t blindly predict a Derby win is a red dog. Here’s the list we have exposed in recent years:

Don Goodman

Ian Holloway 

Danny Murphy

David Prutton

Liam Rosenior (okay he hasn’t done it yet but he definitely will).

We’ve lost two of our league games so far this year with dodgy defending and continually lose to Ipswich at home. But pundits are paid to ignore facts and neutrality and be pro-Derby, so anyone who doesn’t it obviously against us.

That list up there, they sit in a room at BSkyB. They sit together and they hatch a plan to deliberately not predict Derby wins in order to annoy Rams fans. They do it because they’re cynical and they think that cobs should be called rolls and they think aeroplanes with Rolls-Royce engine defects caused 9/11.

26 minutes ago, Yani P said:

On Sky Sports last night - Frank got a mention for the first home win, again they were talking about the need to give him time to replace the players that cannot play the way that fits his philosophy.

I am sure that is something Frank is fully aware of and one of the things he will want to remove from the club mentality as soon as he can but was an interesting few minutes of discussion.

Yep them two achieved very little in thier careers - Rosenior was known more for his dad being decent and sidwell for being ginger or injured and ginger.

25 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

It's a baffling comment because teams are fluid. Who plays now that did when we faced them? Keogh, Forsyth (at the moment), Carson, that's about it.

Fozzy never played against either of them as well so, cheap filler opinion really 

They are not anti Derby but they are usually pro the fashionable club and even more so if it’s south of Watford Gap .. yikes we might begin to qualify under the fashionable label ... watch this space sports fans .... but then it will all be because of those Chelsea loans ? so maybe not. 

The game they was referring to was no doubt the game that saw McClaren get sacked for a second time. De Sart horror show, plus an ill-thought out experiment in starting both Nugent & Bent. Nugent. Nugent & De Sart got pulled at half time. Rosenior started, Sidwell as an unused sub. They both played in another two draws against us. 

1 hour ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Yet against Millwall it looked like the team was sulking when 2-0 down.

They looked like no-one wanted to take responsibility.

It was only when Nugent scored that the team perked up.

Too many rusks and comfort blankets at Moor Farm?

2 hours ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Not really baffling. There is one constant. 

The fans. So quick to get on the players backs. At times it feels that if we’re not 2 up by half time then the crowd are going to boo. 

Teams know that the fans will turn on the players very easily if things aren’t going our way. 

First job for the swat team is to frustrate Derby and stop us from getting into a rhythm. Then wait for the fans to get on the players backs. The players get anxious and start making mistakes. 

16 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

That is the same for every club.

Yep but surely we need to be better or is being the same acceptable. I’m coming over this week nd and going on Saturday. Slightly worried I will say something to a moaner and get clobbered 

10 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Yep but surely we need to be better or is being the same acceptable. I’m coming over this week nd and going on Saturday. Slightly worried I will say something to a moaner and get clobbered 

No it’s not acceptable, we are Derby County and we need to be loud & proud. It’s a chicken & egg situation .... does the support inspire the team or does the team inspire the support .... I go with the former every time. COYR. 

I must admit that having visited Pride Park on several occasions with mates who happen to support what ever opposition we are playing that day. Every one to a man comment on the lack of noise or atmosphere (unless we are on the up)

This was bought back to me when one of my mates (Leeds supporter) then took me to a Leeds game. I have to say there fans were awesome even when they went behind.

It's piffle and why everyone who listens to Sky Sports debates deserves everything they get. Why would Derby, with all but every player different from the one they played against and with different management, have the same weakness?

It's makes as much sense as homeopathy - just like this suggestion that 'Team X haven't won away at Team Y since 1957' - garbage.

Homeopathic garbage.....

Can’t comment on Sidwell but I think Liam Rosenior is an excellent addition to sky and speaks very very well. Keith Andrews for me is the best pundit on TV right now.

Sidwell and Rosenior have the most recent experience and success playing against Derby of the panel - why would they not just comment on their experience of playing derby without agenda? It’s probably correct, until last season I can’t remember derby coming from behind too often since Mac 1.

As for Prutton, he’s not great is slightly biased against Derby. His predictions are based on Derby being in transition judging by his comments - would be logical if Ipswich weren’t also in transition!!

On 22/08/2018 at 20:42, Penelope Pendrex said:

That is the same for every club.

I can't believe that, although I've never stood in with fans of any other club, I can't imagine there are many clubs as toxic as ours. 

Archived