The Debate

Yani P

On 22/08/2018 at 19:15, tinman said:

Not really baffling. There is one constant. 

The fans. So quick to get on the players backs. At times it feels that if we’re not 2 up by half time then the crowd are going to boo. 

Teams know that the fans will turn on the players very easily if things aren’t going our way. 

First job for the swat team is to frustrate Derby and stop us from getting into a rhythm. Then wait for the fans to get on the players backs. The players get anxious and start making mistakes. 

Exactly this ^^^^

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 22/08/2018 at 21:13, Gisby said:

No it’s not acceptable, we are Derby County and we need to be loud & proud. It’s a chicken & egg situation .... does the support inspire the team or does the team inspire the support .... I go with the former every time. COYR. 

I don’t think it is a “chicken & egg situation” without sounding like a “Happy Clapper” we should support the team first and foremost.

The performances and results will improve on the back of that.

After all we support the team through The Good, The Bad and The Indifferent times.

I never listen to these so-called pundits or experts. If I have to watch us on TV which isn’t often as I tend to get to the majority of games then I watch from kick off until full time and use half time to get a drink or something. 

No interest whatsoever in the views of an average footballer now masquerading as an ‘expert’ sat in a studio or stood on the pitch pre-match. 

It’s bad enough with the commentators who also share their irrelevant opinions throughout. Just call the play, describe the events on the pitch, thanks. It’s why I try not to ever subject myself to listening to that clown Ramage on radio Derby. Bang average footballer criticising players who are streets ahead of anything he achieved. 

Nice early morning rant. Get me on a talk show with Robbie f’kin Savage. ?

• 3 weeks later...

‘Soft’ is such a harsh, judgemental word. Perhaps ‘vulnerable to mental pressure’ is a more nuanced description.

And you’d have to be blind, deaf, dumb and probably dead not to have observed it on numerous occasions over recent seasons. I thought Rowett, for instance, looked like he’d addressed it as well as anyone could’ve halfway throug last season but the Keystone Cops routine was well and truly back in play only a few weeks later.

On the question of the most memorable examples in recent years, will anything ever ‘surpass’ the 3-3 draw at Rotherham a couple of seasons ago? We were 3-0 and cruising well past the 80th minute (if memory serves) and, by the time they got it back to 3-3 with about 40 seconds of time remaining, you’d almost have been plunging on the getting the winner if you were a punter.

Archived