Crazy Keogh hating

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Lokidoki said:

It is funny but earlier on in the thread the great Dave Mackay was mentioned. I recall, being a season ticket holder back then, as I am now, how he was constantly engineering the great players around him, Todd, Roy Mc, Robson, Webster et al; always rallying them into position, often after being pulled out of shape by the opposition. I was only a kid then but looked on this with a sense of marvel.

Now I would never mention the two under the same breath but (and I know Curtis wasn't infallible) but I don't see or hear much of this from RK. This is what Curtis added and is what is lacking at the moment.  And @Ramarena I actually don't go for the comparison with any other player in the EFL as I only care about Derby County but I do have my own opinion along with a few others on here such as @ChrisKeogh that RK is way past his sell by date and was some years ago, with the judicious use of a get out of jail pass in periods last year. 

What made me join in this thread is that to some of you to criticise RK is akin to some form of blasphemy and all of us that commit this act are pagan infidels. The very nature of some of the comments just enforce this.  

Well we will all have to agree, once more, to disagree but if a TV pundit can see what a few thousand Derby fans have been seeing for a while then the opposition coaches will be exploiting this to the max. This is the point I was making those years back and referring to in this thread.  Get RK out of position and the defensive shape is gone, or put him under pressure, let him make a mistake and the rest will follow. 

Just out of interest how do the defensive stats when Davies was in the team last season compare to this season? 

21 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Just out of interest how do the defensive stats when Davies was in the team last season compare to this season? 

Keogh this season (and last season)

Goals: 1 (1)

Assists: 1 (5)

PS%: 85.1 (80.9)

Aerials Won: 3.8 (3.5)

Tackles: 0.8 (1.1)

Interceptions: 1 (1)

Clearances: 4.5 (6.4)

Blocks: 0.7 (0.9)

Tomori this season vs Davies last season

Goals: 1 vs 1

Assists: 0 vs 3

PS%: 82.4 vs 77.9

Aerials Won: 2.8 vs 5.9

Tackles: 2.2 vs 1.6

Interceptions 1.5 vs 2.8

Clearances: 4.2 vs 8.4

Blocks: 1.1 vs 0.8

52 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

2 full games (Reading and Birmingham) and 2 half games (Sheff Weds and Stoke) for Davies this season so stats for this season are per 90 mins rather than per game.

Last season Keogh vs Davies:

PS%: 80.9 vs 77.9

Aerials: 3.5 vs 5.9

Tackles: 1.1 vs 1.6

Interceptions: 1 vs 2.8

Clearances: 6.4 vs 8.4

Blocks: 0.9 vs 1.1

This season Keogh vs Davies:

PS%: 88.6 vs 86.3

Aerials: 4.5 vs 4.5

Tackles: 0.3 vs 1

Interceptions: 2.3 vs 1.3

Clearances: 6 vs 5.3

Blocks: 0.8 vs 2

Last season Davies was clearly the better defender. Arguably, these stats show Keogh has been better this year. The surprising stat is how the two of them win the same number of balls in the air per 90 mins.

I think everyone should factor in the inexperience that Keogh finds himself surrounded by. In any back four you need to be able to rely upon those around you to do their job and be in the right place at the right time.

Tomori and Bogle are still learning and I applaud our management for trusting in their ability. They certainly won't become better players on the bench.

I personally don't understand how anyone could even entertain the thought that Keogh needs replacing in this team. He's comfortably our best defender at the moment and it's not even remotely close. As mentioned by many, Bogle & Tomori have been at fault for the majority of goals this season, but they've also done some very good defensive work which is why they're still in the team. 

As it currently stands, despite our improvement visually, we're on course to score fewer and concede more goals than last season. The emphasis can't just be on the defence either; it's an entire team effort. If we concede more than last season, that's not just the fault of the defence but also the midfield. 

Tighter marking and following runs would have cut out a fair chunk of the goals we've conceded. It's something you tend to improve on as you play more games, and it's only natural for us to concede more of these types of goals when having young/inexperienced players in the team. It's not a major concern for me unless we don't see an improvement as the season progresses.

17 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

You're giving your opinion. Opinion is NOT fact, no matter how much you try and make out that your opinion is fact.

Absolutely true, there's a lot on here who need to remember that, especially as fans tend to wear blinkers when it comes to their team. Us Derby fans are just as guilty of it.

Do you think your opinion is fact? As more than Lokidoki are making that mistake? In fact those arguing against criticism of Keogh are being more and more hysterical in their arguments. Many are bordering on complete idiocy!

13 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

This thread is hilarious. 

Not sure it's hilarious, but certainly entertaining!

I've written lists for who said what!!

I'm not going to indulge which side of the fence I'm sitting on, but I'm certainly looking forward to the day RK finally leads us to promotion, so we can offer the naysayers a cheery wave, and an ever-so-slightly cheesy grin!  winking0004.gif

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Not sure it's hilarious, but certainly entertaining!

I've written lists for who said what!!

I'm not going to indulge which side of the fence I'm sitting on, but I'm certainly looking forward to the day RK finally leads us to promotion, so we can offer the naysayers a cheery wave, and an ever-so-slightly cheesy grin!  winking0004.gif

He's got to do it soon because "finally" implies he will at the end of his days. I suspect if we are promoted we would buy two Premier quality centre-backs.

2 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

This is why I hate stats.. Absolutely pointless, tells us nothing.

It tells us that our back 4 are seeing too much of the ball, get in to the midfield faster and let them control the game rather than Keogh..

3 minutes ago, KCG said:

He's got to do it soon because "finally" implies he will at the end of his days. I suspect if we are promoted we would buy two Premier quality centre-backs.

I guess it does have to be soon, due to his age more than anything, but my "finally" was more relating to an  "About time too/It was worth the wait/Thanks for sticking with us, Cap'n/There's a well-earned medal if ever there was one" kind of "finally"!   happy0186.gif

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I guess it does have to be soon, due to his age more than anything, but my "finally" was more relating to an  "About time too/It was worth the wait/Thanks for sticking with us, Cap'n/There's a well-earned medal if ever there was one" kind of "finally"!   happy0186.gif

Like most Derby fans I like Keogh because of his commitment to the cause and I too hope he leads us to the promised land!

Archived