Crazy Keogh hating

So it's all Keogh's fault that we're not sat at the top of the league table with a 30 point cushion over the next team. All players make mistakes. Why just flag up Keogh's errors while ignoring the more glaring ones made by the two young players he has alongside him? What about our central midfield who fail in their defensive duties?What of our forwards who can't score with every shot on target or even get them on target every time?

It's football, it's a team game, every player as a responsibility for how the team performs and the results it gets.

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@86 points the facts I allude to, if there is anything that is serial, are that RK makes too many mistakes and pulls the team out of shape and  I asked the question with a simple example at the Norwich game. There are numerous others and I suggest you go through a number of replays with an unbiased view and you will understand why I and others reach that point of view.

as for replacements I haven't a clue, that is for folks way above my pay grade although my teenage sons perhaps have more broader opinions,  taking a more holistic league view.

49 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Okay, you don’t want to back up your claim, that’s your choice. But you just said that his errors have been the difference between success and failure. 

In the last 5 seasons we’ve reached the playoffs 3 times, fell short once, and got nowhere close the other time. 

Aside from the Wembley error in 2014 (which, lets face it, is a stick most Keogh critics refuse to stop hitting him with), can you honestly say it was his fault we failed the other two playoff campaigns, and didnt reach the playoffs the other two times? Here’s a very basic recap (but a bit more effort from my side compared to your “I don’t need to prove anything” attitude).

2014: Error (alongside bad defending by others) led to QPR scoring, but how come we couldn’t break down 10 men and score ourselves?

2015: Injuries, “all-our-attack”, and a soft underbelly we’re behind our decline. If it was Keogh that made that bad Will Hughes pass against Reading you’d have poo yourself with anger.

2016: Made the playoffs despite a manger change. His fault we didn’t go up?

2017: Keogh probably to blame for hiring Pearson. I’ll give you this one. 

2018: Probably one of his best seasons. Close to player of the year. One of the bests defence records we’ve had. Were  his errors the reason Fulham wiped the floor with us as we tried to shithouse our way to glory?

Sorry, I just cannot understand how you’re blaming one man on all our failings. It’s extremely shortsighted. 

It's not short sighted, it's just utter garbage.

Can anyone seriously argue that in our back four this season, Keogh hasn't been our best player? 

If we bring in a centre half, I'd fully expect him to replace Tomori, not Keogh.

26 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

@86 points the facts I allude to, if there is anything that is serial, are that RK makes too many mistakes and pulls the team out of shape and  I asked the question with a simple example at the Norwich game. There are numerous others and I suggest you go through a number of replays with an unbiased view and you will understand why I and others reach that point of view.

as for replacements I haven't a clue, that is for folks way above my pay grade although my teenage sons perhaps have more broader opinions,  taking a more holistic league view.

You're giving your opinion. Opinion is NOT fact, no matter how much you try and make out that your opinion is fact.

1 hour ago, Lokidoki said:

Pointless debate. Proved my point you cannot criticise RK on this forum.  FL will prove me right I am sure because he knows and understands football. Last key point is that I have been proven right (And many others who dare say the same) for six successive seasons that with him we have not made promotion.

You're weeing in the wind my friend,  the forum mafia will be out in force to stomp on your opinions if they don't fit in to their ways of thinking regardless of whether they are right or wrong.

Pointless debating with a Keogh hater, complete exercise in futility.

Their patter is abysmal normally. I have a typical one behind me. My NYs resolution was not to argue with him, which was severely tested when (I can’t remember who now) went down injured in our box first half, looked serious and he quipped “shame it’s not Keogh “ ?

They tend to moan all game about how poo it is, when not every move doesn’t end up with an attempt on goal, slate players that make a bad play, but then champion them minutes later when successful. 

The only person they don’t extend that moronic courtesy is of course is RK.

The fact that they use the fact the last 5 managers didn’t know what they were doing to their argument (not winning promotion) is astounding. Also that FL knows this but for some unknown reason isn’t doing anything about it, but Will still prove them right is quite a way of thinking.

Facts like getting POTY twice and the captains band seems to allude them. They will miss him when he’s gone, nowhere will you find another player for £1 million who gives as much to a club under so much criticism.

17 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

Lets take the Norwich game as an example. Who didn't track back and stop the Norwich player having a free run into the box to score, was it Keogh? No. Who left Norwich's leading goal scorer unmarked on the back post, for their third goal? was it Keogh? No. Who were these players that made mistakes? I'll leave you to review the the game again, as it appears you may not have noticed who made the mistakes that resulted in the goals we conceded.

6 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

You're weeing in the wind my friend,  the forum mafia will be out in force to stomp on your opinions if they don't fit in to their ways of thinking regardless of whether they are right or wrong.

And the professional victims will be out in force crying foul over having their opinions stomped on just because someone happens to disagree with them. Grow up FFS. It's a football forum, not a bloody creche.

7 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Pointless debating with a Keogh hater, complete exercise in futility.

Their patter is abysmal normally. I have a typical one behind me. My NYs resolution was not to argue with him, which was severely tested when (I can’t remember who now) went down injured in our box first half, looked serious and he quipped “shame it’s not Keogh “ ?

They tend to moan all game about how poo it is, when not every move doesn’t end up with an attempt on goal, slate players that make a bad play, but then champion them minutes later when successful. 

The only person they don’t extend that moronic courtesy is of course is RK.

The fact that they use the fact the last 5 managers didn’t know what they were doing to their argument (not winning promotion) is astounding. Also that FL knows this but for some unknown reason isn’t doing anything about it, but Will still prove them right is quite a way of thinking.

Facts like getting POTY twice and the captains band seems to allude them. They will miss him when he’s gone, nowhere will you find another player for £1 million who gives as much to a club under so much criticism.

Careful mate - presenting a reasoned argument is construed as stomping on folks' opinions in some quarters.

Think Ashton is out of order putting all of the blame on Keogh,  I think he makes less mistakes than the rest of the defence. He has been a good servant for us and is one of the best at bringing the ball out. 

He is not perfect but plays with his heart for the Rams. If he was better he would be in the Prem. the problem we have is the defence not one player 

9 minutes ago, 86 points said:

And the professional victims will be out in force crying foul over having their opinions stomped on just because someone happens to disagree with them. Grow up FFS. It's a football forum, not a bloody creche.

Professional victims?

28 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Lets take the Norwich game as an example. Who didn't track back and stop the Norwich player having a free run into the box to score, was it Keogh? No. Who left Norwich's leading goal scorer unmarked on the back post, for their third goal? was it Keogh? No. Who were these players that made mistakes? I'll leave you to review the the game again, as it appears you may not have noticed who made the mistakes that resulted in the goals we conceded.

Who's job is it to marshal the players into position and to get the young players to track their man? The captain and the oldest player in the back four. You've just answered  your own question and noted my point.

2 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

I didn't say that if you're alluding to me need to calm it down a bit

Do I? Why? Because you say so? You post a load of tosh about the 'forum mafia' (aka. fans who rate Keogh) and people having their opinions 'stomped' (aka. folk having their criticism questioned by those who disagree with said opinions) then you question my use of the term 'professional victims' (aka. those who cry foul every time their posts are questioned, inferring bullying and using terms like the 'forum mafia'). I'm guessing irony is something the fireplace is made of in your household.

9 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Careful mate - presenting a reasoned argument is construed as stomping on folks' opinions in some quarters.

It’s a strange one though isn’t it, a good example- 

my father in law came round to see my lad to ask him if he enjoyed going to The Chelsea tie. “ Bloomin Keogh “ was his comment to me ( the own goal ). This is a guy that has been to 2 matches in his life, taking my lad when I was away. Doesn’t listen to the match or follow any football, never played the game, hadn’t seen the ‘own goal’ but oddly knows to roll his eyes and say “bloomin Keogh eh?”

His preconception of RK, I think a clue into The psyche of the RK hater.

1 hour ago, Lokidoki said:

As for replacements I haven't a clue, that is for folks way above my pay grade 

But so is football management, yet you value your opinion much higher than numerous managers.

If you are so confident of your view on what makes a good centre back at this level, surely naming numerous players that are good in comparison to Keogh at this level should be a doddle. 

Just now, 86 points said:

Do I? Why? Because you say so? You post a load of tosh about the 'forum mafia' (aka. fans who rate Keogh) and people having their opinions 'stomped' (aka. folk having their criticism questioned by those who disagree with said opinions) then you question my use of the term 'professional victims' (aka. those who cry foul every time their posts are questioned, inferring bullying and using terms like the 'forum mafia'). I'm guessing irony is something the fireplace is made of in your household.

There's so much wrong with that paragraph is hard to know where to start....I haven't expressed an opinion about Keogh either way in the entire thread and definitely not today so how you come to the conclusion that I stated that the mafia as you put it are non Keogh haters is beyond me.

Bullying where did that come from don't recall using that word either?

18 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

Who's job is it to marshal the players into position and to get the young players to track their man? The captain and the oldest player in the back four. You've just answered  your own question and noted my point.

What absolute balls so if we made a foward the captain it would be his job to marshal the defence into the correct positions.

Archived